Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Nitro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintr79 View Post
What do you mean mixing fuel that is for the 1/5 scale with a weed wacker motor nitro there is no mixing
He doesn't know wtf he's talking about.
Buddy, for 1/5th scale, mixing oil with gas is the mixture for the GAS ENGINES, not nitro0methane engines
Lol, what the heck do you think we've been talking about this whole time on nitro fuel, if it was gas, we would've said gas...
I think the only HPI that uses a gas engine in the Baja 5.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:58 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
Buddy, for 1/5th scale, mixing oil with gas is the mixture for the GAS ENGINES, not nitro0methane engines
Lol, what the heck do you think we've been talking about this whole time on nitro fuel, if it was gas, we would've said gas...
Wow! Sweet! Someone else who also knows what they're talking about!!!

I think stang_racer is only trying to say that stuff because he probably stuffed his Rustler engine from actually trying to mix 2-stroke oil in with the nitro

Anyway, yeah, HPI is the only American-ish company that uses petrol in their large scale R/C (I say American-ish because HPI is also Japanese).

The most prominent company who makes 1/5 large scale R/C is a European company by the name of FG Modellsport. They make the most high-end touring and F1 cars in R/C. Petrol powered, high end models also contain hydraulic disk brakes, while lower end models, usually called Ecoline or Sportsline, use cables/linkages to operate their disk brakes... Oh, and the disk brakes are actually mounted on the steering knuckle and rear uprights! So when the car steers, the disk goes with it!

Small pic, but you get the idea:

Old 01-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
Wow! Sweet! Someone else who also knows what they're talking about!!!

I think stang_racer is only trying to say that stuff because he probably stuffed his Rustler engine from actually trying to mix 2-stroke oil in with the nitro

Anyway, yeah, HPI is the only American-ish company that uses petrol in their large scale R/C (I say American-ish because HPI is also Japanese).

The most prominent company who makes 1/5 large scale R/C is a European company by the name of FG Modellsport. They make the most high-end touring and F1 cars in R/C. Petrol powered, high end models also contain hydraulic disk brakes, while lower end models, usually called Ecoline or Sportsline, use cables/linkages to operate their disk brakes... Oh, and the disk brakes are actually mounted on the steering knuckle and rear uprights! So when the car steers, the disk goes with it!

Small pic, but you get the idea:

I didn't understand what he meant, so I guess I mis-understood what he said.
I hope he didn't try mixing gas in his nitro engine
Old 01-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to torredo

OOOOF!

no doubt! haha
Old 01-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to fordman239

thanks for all the comments. i may be getting one, but not for a little while while i try to work and get some money, i just bought a blue nib civic, so thats what i got for now.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:25 AM
XMS Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
I do know wtf i am talking about
Old 01-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
I do know wtf i am talking about
I think that was directed to stang_racer
Old 01-04-2008, 08:38 AM
XMS Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
My bad i belive your right i just seen my name in the quote and you know sorry blt456
Old 01-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Banned

my decision...

i have decided to hold off on getting an hpi nitro savage, becuz of price and skill level. right now, i am awaiting the arrival of the newest car to my collection, a blue honda civic. also, i still havent finished upgrading my other 6 xmods with alloy parts, so i need money to do that. and i thank all of you for the pros and cons od a nitro powered rc car, and yes, i saw some videos and they do sound awesome. but im going to stick to xmods for now.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman239 View Post
my decision...

i have decided to hold off on getting an hpi nitro savage, becuz of price and skill level. right now, i am awaiting the arrival of the newest car to my collection, a blue honda civic. also, i still havent finished upgrading my other 6 xmods with alloy parts, so i need money to do that. and i thank all of you for the pros and cons od a nitro powered rc car, and yes, i saw some videos and they do sound awesome. but im going to stick to xmods for now.
HPI Savages have been very popular. Lots of upgrade parts to choose from (though I would almost always recommend, newcomers to hobby-grade, learn to drive first, and if you're going with nitro, learn to drive and learn to tune your engine and have it started easily, then begin upgrading as your skill increases. No point in spending hundreds of dollars on upgrade parts when you know its going to break the next day, right?)

Be sure to give us an update when you finally get that nitro R/C of yours, there's lots of us here to help you out!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Banned

wil do, i was also looking at the hpi firestorm nitro, i heard they are cheaper than savages, and they are just as great. i watched a bunch of videos on the hpi site, and i do know how to drive them, its just that i do not know that much about them yet. theres a guy up the road from me with a t-maxx, and he is always driving it. if i need your guy's help i will ask.

later,
fordman
Old 01-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Lol, ok cool man.

Quote:
my decision...

Hey dude, hear me out. I have 3 xmods sitting here, with about half GPM/Hot Racing parts(metal) on each. Ok, not to mention all the upgrades such as batteries, motor, electronics, etc.. I could go on and on. Here's what you should look at:
If you want to upgrade 6 xmods with GPM, it's going to cost you a motherload. To be honest, you'll eventually regret buying all of those parts for the Xmods. Here's why...this might not apply to you..here's another story.
So, I sent my 2 cars(the only ones I had... a gen1 and EVO to mk2kompressor about 6 months ago. He's a busy guy, and he's done almost everything, besides assemble the motors. So, I have here all the upgrades for them, a gen1 w/ Micro-T electronics, and an Almost-working barricade. I spent so much money, but once you go up in the RC Scale "world," it'll cost you, and Xmods can really only drive indoors, and outdoors if it's on smooth concrete, or in malls..etc...
That's my opinion, but triple-think if you want to upgrade all 6 of your xmods, maybe think of upgrading one or 2 if you have the money with lets say external turbos/stacked FETs, HOT motors, and full GPM.
Just a thought.

Quote:
My bad i belive your right i just seen my name in the quote and you know sorry blt456
No prob. dude.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hey dude, hear me out. I have 3 xmods sitting here, with about half GPM/Hot Racing parts(metal) on each. Ok, not to mention all the upgrades such as batteries, motor, electronics, etc.. I could go on and on. Here's what you should look at:
If you want to upgrade 6 xmods with GPM, it's going to cost you a motherload. To be honest, you'll eventually regret buying all of those parts for the Xmods. Here's why...this might not apply to you..here's another story.
So, I sent my 2 cars(the only ones I had... a gen1 and EVO to mk2kompressor about 6 months ago. He's a busy guy, and he's done almost everything, besides assemble the motors. So, I have here all the upgrades for them, a gen1 w/ Micro-T electronics, and an Almost-working barricade. I spent so much money, but once you go up in the RC Scale "world," it'll cost you, and Xmods can really only drive indoors, and outdoors if it's on smooth concrete, or in malls..etc...
That's my opinion, but triple-think if you want to upgrade all 6 of your xmods, maybe think of upgrading one or 2 if you have the money with lets say external turbos/stacked FETs, HOT motors, and full GPM.
Just a thought.
well, i was just going to get my new blue civic upgraded, with lith, gpm, and a motor, but i want to sell, all my other ones except my 65 mustang and my new blue civic. i spend like 200 dollars finding parts for my 65 the carbon chassis, the awd, the s2 motor upgrade, and i love that car.it has like 200 in it, and the parts were the cheapest i could find. i am thinking about getting an hpi firestorm nitro, but im not sure yet.

later,
fordman
Old 01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Xmod Expert

Firestorm... You'll regret spending as much as you do on XMODS... I know that I kinda regret spending that kind of cash on XMODS 'back in the day'

The Firestorm has a great fan backing... Fordman, PM me
Old 01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Firestorm... You'll regret spending as much as you do on XMODS... I know that I kinda regret spending that kind of cash on XMODS 'back in the day'

The Firestorm has a great fan backing... Fordman, PM me
Red, I guess I'm in your position now.
See fordman, no matter what, they are still toys, till you do a hobby-grade conversion..
But really, good choice for shooting at 2-3 cars, and selling the rest.
You won't regret that man.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Banned

im thinkin about selling all 3 of my trucks and selling both my evo cars, and keeping my 2 gen 1's.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
im thinkin about selling all 3 of my trucks and selling both my evo cars, and keeping my 2 gen 1's.
You might want to keep an EVO man, but don't upgrade it.
Make it like a house driver/basher or something, maybe a drifter.
Saee, kepp the gen1's for sure, and keep an EVO, so you can have it.
That way if you go back and sell it, then you all of a sudden want one, good luck buying one man. They cost 50+, so I would recommend keeping one.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
You might want to keep an EVO man, but don't upgrade it.
Make it like a house driver/basher or something, maybe a drifter.
Saee, kepp the gen1's for sure, and keep an EVO, so you can have it.
That way if you go back and sell it, then you all of a sudden want one, good luck buying one man. They cost 50+, so I would recommend keeping one.
+1 Don't put all your eggs in one basket. When you try nitro, you may either like it or hate it. You'll never know for sure until you're at that stage and begin to regret it.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to torredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456
I think the only HPI that uses a gas engine in the Baja 5
Actually....
the Baja 5 uses a mixture as there is no real cooling system on it, so an oil/fuel mixture is needed to lubricate the internals.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by torredo View Post
Actually....
the Baja 5 uses a mixture as there is no real cooling system on it, so an oil/fuel mixture is needed to lubricate the internals.

Whoops, my understanding was that it used a fuel mixture.
My bad dude.