Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Atomic 900mah Cells vs Radioshack rechargeables....

I've been using radiochack recharables. I got a 30 min quick smart charger with 4 aaa and 4 aa batteries. The aaa are 850mah. I was reading the reviews on atomicmods.com about there 900mah aaa batts and the reviews were saying that there cars ran faster, better and longer with these batts. Anyone have any experience with them.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 04-25-2007, 04:33 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

I bought some 1000MAh Tenergy AAA rechargeble batteries of off ebay and they absolutely kill the standard RS rechargeable batteries on full charge you get a lot more top end speed!

I can't comment directly on the brands you are looking at but I will say that 900MAh will give you a little more power than your 850MAh ones.

However what I will say is compare how much you are paying for these batteries to how much you could buy liths for. I got liths + charger for I think $25 of eBay and they are even better than 1000MAh rechargeables which I think I paid $20 for!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 04-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
I bought some 1000MAh Tenergy AAA rechargeble batteries of off ebay and they absolutely kill the standard RS rechargeable batteries on full charge you get a lot more top end speed!

I can't comment directly on the brands you are looking at but I will say that 900MAh will give you a little more power than your 850MAh ones.

However what I will say is compare how much you are paying for these batteries to how much you could buy liths for. I got liths + charger for I think $25 of eBay and they are even better than 1000MAh rechargeables which I think I paid $20 for!
I got (2) 8.4v tenergy hump packs with the smart charger for my pro 3. WOW! Thats all i'm gonna say. lol Those tenergy batts are awsome. But 850mah and 900mah just means alittle more run time doesn't it. More power would come from the cell dumping more energy wouldn't it.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 04-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Elite member

you got it.
You should unlock the true potential of that turbo you got and upgrade to liths.
you have 4.8 volts with the batts your'e using, why not use 7.4?

Old 04-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetridaz27 View Post
I got (2) 8.4v tenergy hump packs with the smart charger for my pro 3. WOW! Thats all i'm gonna say. lol Those tenergy batts are awsome. But 850mah and 900mah just means alittle more run time doesn't it. More power would come from the cell dumping more energy wouldn't it.
So, your saying that the 850mah and 900mah have more run time than the 1000mah Tenergy batts? if so thats not true, the higher the Mah the longer they will last. i think you just mixed them up. Like sweetvette said you should run 7.4 volts. It makes a big difference with those extra 2 batteries. I would deff recommend doing the 6th cell.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Stage 2 member

Oh believe me, I know about overvolting motors and ishl. lol I don't want my xmod that fast. I only run it in a 20'20 foot slab of dusty concrete. lol my gargage. I don't want the extra power, Plus with my turbo the car is fast enough to do some hard drifting with soft slicks and 9t pinion.

No, He said that since I have 850mah that with the 900mah i would get more power out of them. I questioned that by saying.....
wouldn't i just get more run time from 900mah over 850's not more power. I'm asking if maybe those 900mah on atomic mods dumped more amps then the radioshack batts. That would be the only way I would see more power, right.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 04-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to pittbull988

they should be better than the rs batts but i still havent found nebody with higher mah aaa that me i got 1200 from atomic way way way back in the day they had them on the for 2 days and i got the last 4
Old 04-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Stage 2 member

1200 **** thats like stuffing a 1lb bag with 5lb of crap. lol nice.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 04-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post

More amh doesn't provide more power or run time, more mah can actually lower run time.

AM's are designed for rc car racing, most are not. The diffrence is the AM's can supply to AMP's or Current, and most can't. You might notice a diffrence... I'll tell you this weekend, but most batteries are better than RS's crap.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 04-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Stage 2 member

lol I could believe that radioshacks stuff is crap. lol I'm just going to use those batts for my mini z and use the atomic mods for my xmod. My xmod gets the love right now cause it's awd, lol. in my garage the 2wd mini z just spins donuts. Has no traction. I'm going to sell some stuff and get an awd mini z. Interested in a blinged out micro rs4, lol
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 04-26-2007, 01:01 PM

Default try duracell

Duracell makes a good rechargeble battery, they are for high output devices, I got mine at wal mart, 900 mah, or 1000, they had both. $15 CAD for 4 AAA. I've had my a couple of sets for about 4 months now, and I still get about an hour to 90 minutes run time, on a full charge, depending on how much cool down time i give it between races.
Duracell also has a 15 minute charger that I've been very happy with. It's a little pricy ($65 CAD), but in my opinion worth it. I haven't spent money on batteries in months.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

I have those 1000mah duracells in my car and they are awsome. i saw a big difference from when i used to run energizer 850mah. like evofast said they last about an hour. 65$cad was a bit much so i waited until i went to the states and got the same one for 25$
Old 04-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Stage 2 member

I already bought the 900mah from am. I had to buy some other stuff and figured what the hell. Got my mini z running again too so I figured I would need another set of batteries. That would be sweet to get some extra speed and accel out of them.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 04-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Elite member

i have these 900 mah energizers, they totaly own. i whooped on a bunch of evos drag racing with my gen1 corvette, and it had awd in it! i wonder how fast it would have mbeen w/o the awd.

just like these batteries, but 900 mah.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4291462
so go to your local walmart, and you might just manage to get some 900's like i did.

Last edited by sweetvette; 04-26-2007 at 09:37 PM..
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Banned

it's funny that there's a thread about this. i've used the 1000 mah duracells, the 900 mah energizer's, 850 mah nmh rs cells, liths, and regular aaa cells. i've tested and retested them. so far, i've come up with a fairly decent graph of usage and power ratio's for all of them. i can't post graph's on this thread so i'm not sure how to show you guys, but i can tell you the specs on each. i'm not going to be exact, but so far, this is it.

liths are the best. 7.4 volts 720 mah gives about 40-45 minutes run time at full throttle

duracells come in second at 4.8 volts 4000 mah gives you about 30-35 minutes of run time at full throttle

energizer's are third at 4.8 volts 3600 mah gives you about 20-25 minutes at full throttle

rs rechargeable nmh are fourth at 4.8 volts 3400 mah give you about 18-20 minutes at full throttle

duracell, rs, energizer, rayovac, sony, and toshiba aaa cells all give between the same run times with 10-12 minutes at full throttle.

keep in mind, i did all this without turning. i kept the throttle depressed at all times until the cells were ENTIRELY dead. i then measured the voltage from each and every cell as it was used to see which produced the best output. the aaa cell that came in first was surprisingly the rayovac's. now above all, were the liths, but then again, not everyone can afford those. so i'd suggest, if you're going to use rechargeable's, save the extra 20 and go with liths. you'd be paying about 30 for 4 aaa cells and a charger. or 50(most store bought liths) for the liths and charger. if you're going to use disposable aaa's, then go with rayovac. has a lot of juice to purge. they have decent run times for what they are too. and for an upgrade, simply do a 5 cell upgrade. you'd be pushing your board, but it can handle it. i ran a 5 cell upgrade on an evo board to test it and after 4 sets of aaa's and full throttle, the board and motor were fine. good luck. i hope this helped somewhat.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Stage 2 member

I easily can run my car all day off of my 850mah. I would say I get at least 10 5 minute runs. So at least a good hour out of them. As long as these new atomic mod batts draw higher amps I will be happy cause thats the only way I will see more speed. I'm not worried about run time. an hour is plenty. and I have a 30 minute smart peak charger.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 05-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Stage 2 member

Got my Atomic 900Mah Batteries and They are Better hands down then the Radioshack Batteries. They dump more amps. Also got to try out my new bearings. that I got last week. I installed them and while putting the car back together...I snapped the tie rod and that was that. lol so I had to wait a week to get a new one. Got it as well as the batts last night. Car runs so smooth now. Much more quiet too. Now today. I sold my Blinged out
Micro RS4 and my Ps2 with all my stuff and bought a Mini Z MR-010. Can't wait to play with that.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 05-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

i have energizer 900mah reachargable bats and it gives it more power and longer lasting than the rs bats
Old 05-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Mex, that's at no load correct? That means the motor and the batteries won't get warm, becuase they just need to get over the friction of the drivetrain.

And if you want longer run time, you're running bearings anyways...

So there is little friction in the drivetrain*...

So, what you need to do is to drive a figure 8 on-and off the throttle....

Throttle in the straight, let of for the apex, alittle after the apex, floorit, and repeat. GIves the motor a workout, and the batteries as well, as the motor has a start up load, when the pull is greater than at WOT.

Hope that helps, Mex, you have the right idea, it's just wrong.
*Unless it's a Evo Drivetrain...
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 05-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Mex, that's at no load correct? That means the motor and the batteries won't get warm, becuase they just need to get over the friction of the drivetrain.

And if you want longer run time, you're running bearings anyways...

So there is little friction in the drivetrain*...

So, what you need to do is to drive a figure 8 on-and off the throttle....

Throttle in the straight, let of for the apex, alittle after the apex, floorit, and repeat. GIves the motor a workout, and the batteries as well, as the motor has a start up load, when the pull is greater than at WOT.

Hope that helps, Mex, you have the right idea, it's just wrong.
*Unless it's a Evo Drivetrain...

i didn't put a load on it because i wanted the run times to the cells. it's on evo trays too. i would've done the load run times, but i don't have time to do that. lol. and the other problem with that would be the chassis and bodies you use. i'd have to test the 3 evo lengths and however many bodies differently. they may be off by a few grams, but the weight no matter how light or heavy matters. the run times would be completely different on each one. plus, i don't have all the evo bodies.

EDIT: i ran these with stock chassis. every upgrade will have it's own difference so i did this with stock chassis to give a fair and close comparison. no bearing upgrades, motor upgrades, awd upgrades. no upgrades whatsoever. only upgrade i did would be the lith cells comparison.

Last edited by FreakinMexiRican; 05-03-2007 at 03:43 PM..