Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Question can someone answer my question this time, please?

Hello, i'm know this has been asked a million times and I'm sure everyone will think i suck. I'm just getting into xmods and i have 1 on the way in the mail and one waiting to be sent in the mail. My question is, what is everything i have to do to safely run 6 cell on the gen1 chassis at the lowest price. And by safely i mean to where all of the parts will still be pretty durable and not breaking everytime i drive it. I have a DuraTrax Evader ST so I'm not new to R/C, just xmods. After i save enough money for lith's than I'll have to find out about that too, but right now I only want to know about 6 cell, any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

-Tommy

Edit: Thanks for the replies everybody... this makes like 3 of my posts/questions unanswered. I've already read the tutorial but it doesn't tell you which parts you should upgrade to alloy so they don't break often once you've done 6 cell. I'm getting kind of sick of no one ever answering anything i post. Maybe it's cause I'm new. Anyway, if anyone can tell me anything about this i would appreciate it. (not trying to sound like a jerk)

Last edited by unleashthebats; 03-24-2006 at 10:44 PM..
Old 03-26-2006, 03:08 AM
F-150 k!ller

Talking

ok to do it go to RS and buy a double aaa holder for .99 and get some deans microplugs and connect it all up... wait this may help more......
http://s6.invisionfree.com/Infernal_...iew=getnewpost
Old 03-26-2006, 03:09 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via MSN to RodsRUs Send a message via Yahoo to RodsRUs

you really dont have to run any alloy parts with a 6 cell as long as you dont lock your rear diff..but maybe like cups and dogbones
2300 mAh's power
Body lowered over chassis
-Custom 04 wide body mustang-Work In Progress
http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=15437
C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N-R-A-C-E-R
Old 03-26-2006, 03:12 AM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to pittbull988

i dont really think ull need to upgrade those when u do a 6cell mod but i woulndt know i went straight for the liths and they held up for about...two days..then i got alloys buti woulnd sugest liths the less weight and more powerful than 6cells
Old 03-26-2006, 03:36 AM
Stage 1 member

can you run lith's with a nelly without stacking FETs?
Old 03-26-2006, 03:54 AM
Elite member

well when u put a nelly on u take the fets off an solder the nelly wires in there place..u can run liths on a stock car,board it dosent affect the board
Old 03-26-2006, 03:58 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashthebats
can you run lith's with a nelly without stacking FETs?
the nelly acts as a external FET board, meaning you will not need any fets and infact the install on it does require the removal of the Stock FETS. Lithium ion will work with pretty much any setup you want to do. just be careful not to overload the car.
Getting to your 6 cell alloy or whatever, you shouldnt really need to upgrade any parts for the 6 cell due to there isnt a extreme increase as lithiums, if you want to get lithiums, you should upgrade your front knuckles to alloy. and as mentioned above, you might need dogbones if your running 4wd.

Also, instead of getting frustrated about nobody answering your questions, read through the forum, most likely it has been already answered and people dont want to reply to something that has already been done.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punishment
Also, instead of getting frustrated about nobody answering your questions, read through the forum, most likely it has been already answered and people dont want to reply to something that has already been done.

yeah i know how it is. i looked around but i could find anything about upgrading the knuckles and that, so thanks for the help on that. I wasn't frustrated I'm just really impatient, i need to work on that. No hard feelings to anyone.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Elite member

skyline dont post something if u dont have ne thing to say
Old 03-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Advance member

u can buy a 2AAA batt. pack from rs and cut the wire thats on the xmods and solder it together but u need heat shrink to go over the solder, or u can desolder the wire from the batts and re solder the 6 cell on
Old 03-30-2006, 02:39 AM
Banned

front alloy knuckles and larger wire on batts and motor, also a dont jump **** with a six cell (im tempted all the time lol) cuz its already under enough stress.