Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 05-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star
Default Suicide's Wife's FA5 Civic SI

soo....my wife has been bothering me for a new car sorta...and today her AC compressor started acting up on the sunfire, so we went around baton rouge to look at cars...we went to saturn first and testdrove an astra 2dr with a 5 spd and a 4 dr with an auto...they were ok, felt like a mid 16 second car at best and the MSRP on the one we wanted with 18" rims was $20K...sooo, we went to mazda to look at the mazda 3's, they looked cool but they were in the same price bracket for a decent one...im not a big mazda fan so just left and went to pontiac...looked around pontiac for a while at the G5s and G6's and i wasn't impressed at all, its pretty much the car that took the place of the sunfire and EVERY package they had was very bland...not to mention it only put out a whopping 135 hp. (forgot, the astra put out 137hp.) sooo...we went to honda...and i figured honda would he expensive as hell but we went anyway. i wound up jumping out of the truck to look at a civic SI and figured it'd be around $26-28K but the sticker said $21950, so i was like wtf...i also thought it'd pack around 150hp at best, but its pushing 197 hp naturally aspirated! soo...2 weeks from now we're trading in the sunfire and getting a black 4dr civic SI...which is very ironic, considering how much i make fun of civic drivers lol.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Thats good to hear..Please take some pictures of your wifes new car,when you get it.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:05 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)

When i read the title I was prepared to post "buy a japanese car" but it seems you decided on the best of them. I think the civics are made here in ohio.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Forget the Pontiac G5 (Chevy Cobalt) and G6, walk over to the G8 GT and forget all your woes. Skip the V6, no better MPG trying to labor over a heavy car.

But never the less, hope ya'll have fun. Now the po-po will really be onto you about them gosh-dang-darn street racing tickets when you spin the tires in the middle of goat-lover's lane in the rain.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 05-18-2008, 05:54 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

When I got my stang it was a toss up between an SI and that, the stang won because I couldn't inside the cabin of the SI but still they are very nice rides pretty nippy reliable etc... I think you made a wise choice!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 05-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX9RBART View Post
When i read the title I was prepared to post "buy a japanese car" but it seems you decided on the best of them. I think the civics are made here in ohio.
civic, accord, and mdx are made in ohio, i think some honda motorcycles are made there too. I think si is a good buy because of the hp for a 4-cyl plus 29mpg... since the gas prices

next project: "barricaded" (working on body design)
Old 05-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
i wound up jumping out of the truck to look at a civic SI and figured it'd be around $26-28K but the sticker said $21950, so i was like wtf...i also thought it'd pack around 150hp at best, but its pushing 197 hp naturally aspirated! soo...2 weeks from now we're trading in the sunfire and getting a black 4dr civic SI...which is very ironic, considering how much i make fun of civic drivers lol.
197hp in a nice K20, stock. Head Swap, Piston, Rod Swap can easily yeild another 40hp. Then you can get like 5hp more with intake. So 250hp isn't hard before you have to turbo it..

Have fun with gas milage.
I fing love the Red Civic 2dr Si's. Love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofants View Post
civic, accord, and mdx are made in ohio, i think some honda motorcycles are made there too. I think si is a good buy because of the hp for a 4-cyl plus 29mpg... since the gas prices
Honda owns all.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 05-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Volvo Enthusiast

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via Yahoo to greekone

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofants View Post
The SRT-4 also gets 29 MPG and it has a turbo.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Xmod Expert

woot, got the SI today, just drove it home...i'll have pics up friday!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

dude!!! an Si! i'm gettin' my license and soon i'll be rollin' in an Si along with my other civic friends.(lol my asian peeps can't afford to get anything more expensive...except for my one rich friend who is in the waiting list for the 2009 Nissan GTR)

nice buy. the civic Si is one of the best sub 23k cars you can get.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Xmod Expert

Nice buy Suicide_Star, I hear the Honda;s are pretty smooth running cars, not all loud and shaky..

Fully loaded or stripped?
BTW, you have Myspace message.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekone View Post
The SRT-4 also gets 29 MPG and it has a turbo.
Maybe on the highway becuase of a high 5th/6th gear, to lower the RPMs and thus reducing the Turbo. But not in the city, not the way it drives.
And the SRT-4 and the Civic Si are diffrent classes. the SRT-4 is like the boy-racer, pull me over, type car; whereas the Civic Si is more refined, better handling (it's a Honda..), family car. It's alot easier to go fast in a Si versus a SRT-4. Plus the Si has Mugen and Spoons support, the SRT-4 can't compete with that.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 05-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Volvo Enthusiast

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via Yahoo to greekone

Honda's have Mugen and SRT-4's have Mopar. lol
Old 05-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Xmod Expert

well guys, it rained all day here, couldnt get any pics...but i got the windows tinted, looks sweet against the black paint...and i ordered the Fujita SRI intake...according to 8thcivic.com and a few other sources, it's the best short ram system for that car. we actually took it on the interstate and got the vtec to kick in, and i regret ever making fun of vtec engines lmfao...it's amazing, the change in the sound of the engine, the extra bump it gives you to move you right along your tach...gah...it's a sweet car...pics tomorrow, i promise!

ps...this is a guy with the fujita sri as his only mod...sounds insane! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4KeQHwLL8
Old 05-24-2008, 02:59 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to torredo

Just jumped out of an 06' Civic myself....
Although they have 197HP they also have 139TQ, which isnt too shabby but if you plan on pimping it out....it gets very expensive and youll find yourself spending a wad on Mid-range power bascially.

Fujita is an awesome CAI but if that isnt around or is to much....the InJen CAI i found really sweet, fits great and sounds nice!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to kidZim

Buy an older BMW.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidZim View Post
Buy an older BMW.
are you retarded? or blind? He said he already bought a Civic.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by torredo View Post
Just jumped out of an 06' Civic myself....
Although they have 197HP they also have 139TQ, which isnt too shabby but if you plan on pimping it out....it gets very expensive and youll find yourself spending a wad on Mid-range power bascially.

Fujita is an awesome CAI but if that isnt around or is to much....the InJen CAI i found really sweet, fits great and sounds nice!

actually, the fujita wound up being cheaper than the injen...and the cost of the K&N intake was just ridiculous, especially considering how many people were complaining about how oiled filters destroy your MAF sensor. you're right about the 130TQ...the take off is a little weak, i think it's hilarious that you obtain your max HP at 7,800 RPMs
Old 05-24-2008, 12:10 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

yeh lol they(civics) are a bit short on torque,

Short ram intakes i beleive are inferior to cold air intakes. Unless you are going at race speeds, the "ram" is ineffective. the short ram is also right next to the engine so you're breathin' hot air into your engine.

short rams IMHO are like kazoos. good for noise, doesn't really do much.
but that's just me sayin' that.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
yeh lol they(civics) are a bit short on torque,

Short ram intakes i beleive are inferior to cold air intakes. Unless you are going at race speeds, the "ram" is ineffective. the short ram is also right next to the engine so you're breathin' hot air into your engine.

short rams IMHO are like kazoos. good for noise, doesn't really do much.
but that's just me sayin' that.
here's my reasoning for getting the SRI....first off, i live in south louisiana...the air is already like 110 degrees here, and it rains and floods a lot...especially since i live really close to a swamp...CAI=hydrolock...second off, the SRI has less area to suck air through, so the air is always there on demand thus producing a little more torque than the cai...if you dont believe me, go try sucking through a long straw then a short straw lmfao...anyways...the price difference wasn't much at all, but the CAI is a big no no where i live if you're using it for daily driving. another big thing is that this is a brand new car...and installation of the CAI would require me to remove the front bumper, disconnect some radiator hoses etc...just to slap an intake on, and the difference i would see on top end compared to the SRI wouldn't be THAT noticable.

we're going to try and have it paid off by next summer...when i talk to honda this friday coming up im going to ask them if the comptech supercharger will void the warranty.... http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1543/26/ if not...the old lady is going to have one bad *** civic.

edit...

Last edited by suicide_star; 05-24-2008 at 03:36 PM..