Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

View Poll Results: what size rims would be better on it?
20 inch rims 10 37.04%
22 inch rims 6 22.22%
24 inch rims 4 14.81%
26 inch rims 7 25.93%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Talking My First Car!! denali-glow

This is my first car
i got it a year ago as a gift from my dad.
its a 2000 gmc yukon denali,with custom cornerlights,taillights,chrome door handles, chrome fuel door,custom grille, hid headlights,street glow decal and neon lights under the whole truck , street glow headlight strobe lights, interior strobes, under the dash on both driver and passenger neon lights, neon lights on the grille ,last 20 percent tint all way around . before i forget all the stuff it has done since bought has been installed by me. 2 15 jL audio subs and amp on the way , 24inch rims,being installed this summer and lambo doors this summer as well.
hope yall like it so far, its featured in the streetglow showroom due to all the neon lights i have installed. thanks for watching!!!!![IMG][/IMG]
At my job! advance auto parts
[IMG][/IMG]
headlight strobes and underglow
[IMG][/IMG]
apc corner lights
[IMG][/IMG]
interior all lighted up
[IMG][/IMG]
the grille
[IMG][/IMG]
20 percent all way around
[IMG][/IMG]
interior, tvs on the way
[IMG][/IMG]
the exterior once again and thanks for watching. and remember its a work in progress.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:30 PM
I got nothin...

wow... holey... this thing is flashy... Reminds me of my old mazda before i traded up on my teggy... keep it purty =Þ

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 01-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Elite member

No offense... But you managed to rice up a Denali?!?! It looks good otherwise.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger View Post
No offense... But you managed to rice up a Denali?!?! It looks good otherwise.

i was like nice, a denali! then i saw the stick on fender vents

i'd honestly get a drop before i'd think about rims.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:22 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

it's the apocalypse. a riced denali that says 666 on the liscense plate. are you like, satan or something?
Old 01-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
it's the apocalypse. a riced denali that says 666 on the liscense plate. are you like, satan or something?
can't be, i'm the only qualified devil worshipper on the forum.

you got any rims in mind for it? as far as color/design and stuff? the lighting is pretty good, i used to love fooling with neons, i had a sunfire w/ over 50 lights including blue neon tubes and white strobes. i'd lose the streetglow stickers though! they already know you can make the streets glow =P
Old 01-03-2009, 12:36 PM
MSI <3

all i can say is to make sure the rims have blue on them or blue neon behind them. wouldn't look right without that. also, i'm kinda surprised you haven't shelled out a mere twenty bucks (or less if you get an employee discount) for the blue led foglight things i see by the neons whenever i go in..

EDIT: off topic: i remember being a little nine year old me on nfsu2. i'm sure we all remember that game. i spent all my time putting the least useul parts onto escalades. i always had BRIDE and StreetGlow decals in the windows, and every kind of neon i had unlocked. eventually, i outgrew those huge chunks of rice (maybe not even just rice... they were like chow mein or something). looks like somebody never outgrew their chow mein creations.

Last edited by firebird999; 01-03-2009 at 12:41 PM..
Old 01-03-2009, 02:10 PM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

****. I just ate too

what a waste of a perfectly good......wait......uh.....

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC
Old 01-03-2009, 02:36 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post

i was like nice, a denali! then i saw the stick on fender vents

i'd honestly get a drop before i'd think about rims.
the stick on fender vents aren't that bad Buick's putting them on at the factory these days. I think its a nice rider better then any thing I drive. I'm mean it ain't no Subaru, but hey we can't all be super smart hippies.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

First thing to do, rip the very ugly neon lights off. Second thing to do, do some engine modifications to get better gas milage, like intake.

Those truck are perfect as is. Dont waste a nice truck like that on putting some rims (which will get old, and wtith the wait of that truck, will wear the tires fast) and some neon lights. You already got good wheels, and tint, what more do you need?, ohh, thats not really a question..

I had a Chevy Tahoe for awhile, it was on some 22's or what ever, the worst thing ever. It kept blowing stuff, not the trans. or the engine though.

Please, save your money, and just do modifications that will improve gas milage. Because I'm sure, when the d**** gas prices go up, and you do the modifications, then you will thank me.

I'm not trying to be mean, but if you want to mod. something, get a car, and if your a ricer kinda person(which by the size of that huge SUV, I dont think you are), then get a lil' ricy car.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
First thing to do, rip the very ugly neon lights off. Second thing to do, do some engine modifications to get better gas milage, like intake.

Those truck are perfect as is. Dont waste a nice truck like that on putting some rims (which will get old, and wtith the wait of that truck, will wear the tires fast) and some neon lights. You already got good wheels, and tint, what more do you need?, ohh, thats not really a question..

I had a Chevy Tahoe for awhile, it was on some 22's or what ever, the worst thing ever. It kept blowing stuff, not the trans. or the engine though.

Please, save your money, and just do modifications that will improve gas milage. Because I'm sure, when the d**** gas prices go up, and you do the modifications, then you will thank me.

I'm not trying to be mean, but if you want to mod. something, get a car, and if your a ricer kinda person(which by the size of that huge SUV, I dont think you are), then get a lil' ricy car.
If you care about MPG your not going to buy a Denali. Also a intake increases air flow, meaning you'll need more fuel to go with that air.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

But it runs more smoother than stock.

Theres a bunch of people that have the extra cash to spend that kinda large SUV, well these days maybe not(large trucks are going down in value, and Toyotas are still a great gas saver). So your basicly saying, if he/she keeps a stock intake rather than a better flor one, he will save gas? I would have to say, THATS CLEARLY WRONG! I'm a car tech.(sorta, I'm not certified though) so I kinda know what I'm saying, it WILL help save gas.

Forgot to mention, with that large truck, you may want to look into getting some subs and amps (I'm assuming you like bass, because with big rims, must come big bass). You can do what ever you want to your new truck, I'm just giving me personal/auto mechanic opinion.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
But it runs more smoother than stock.

Theres a bunch of people that have the extra cash to spend that kinda large SUV, well these days maybe not(large trucks are going down in value, and Toyotas are still a great gas saver). So your basicly saying, if he/she keeps a stock intake rather than a better flor one, he will save gas? I would have to say, THATS CLEARLY WRONG! I'm a car tech.(sorta, I'm not certified though) so I kinda know what I'm saying, it WILL help save gas.

Forgot to mention, with that large truck, you may want to look into getting some subs and amps (I'm assuming you like bass, because with big rims, must come big bass). You can do what ever you want to your new truck, I'm just giving me personal/auto mechanic opinion.

I could argue with you and win but I don't feel like it. but I will say this:

James Salinas is I, don't get me wrong I'm not to proud of it. I would rather be a naturalist or a fighter.

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 01-03-2009 at 03:28 PM..
Old 01-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Any reason why it stops at 26" rims?
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 01-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Stage 2 member

yeah 4 12s and 2 amps are going to be installed in a month plust thinking about a couple tvs too,
and it stops at 26s cause i wouldnt like to go bigger than that
Old 01-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Xmod Expert

lol jimmy, if Mr. Weiner says you're good to go, i guess he's right, hard to argue w/ a weiner.

INTAKE=MORE AIR amirite?
More air needs what? MORE FUEL
more fuel=WORSE GAS MILEAGE
Some people argue that the minimal increase in horsepower compensates for the gas it burns, that's wrong. Big rims won't hurt anything on that Denali, it's got plenty enough *** to spin them.
How do you do modifications to improve gas mileage? I don't know if anybody told you this yet, but they pretty much come from the factory w/ the best fuel mileage you're going to get, and anything you do to it that will improve fuel mileage besides routine maintenance is going to take a lot of your power. If you're an autotech, then i'm a giraffe. (im clearly not talking to you jimmy =P )
Old 01-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

It's an ongoing debate. Common logic would suggest with the colder denser air charge that a richer fuel mix is needed. While the aftermarket one is better flowing, doesn't mean it's better for MPG. One could argue a warm air intake is better for MPG because it promotes a leaner fuel mixture AND atomizes the fuel better in the air charge.

It does not help a vehicle run smoother by any means. It simply flows better. But, realize this, it only helps at wide open throttle. Any other time, the biggest restriction in your intake system is........ YOUR THROTTLE!

Which, controlling that thing yields far better MPG increases with absolutely no costs.

Have you fixed that Nissan yet?

Quote:
Adding weight hurts fuel mileage.

Your not a car tech by any means.

Quote:
the stick on fender vents aren't that bad Buick's putting them on at the factory these days. I think its a nice rider better then any thing I drive. I'm mean it ain't no Subaru, but hey we can't all be super smart hippies.
That's because those are buicks. The stickers on everything else is silly. And, if they don't match the number of cylinders, than WTF.

Only time it's good if someone sectioned in real buick vender vents.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-03-2009 at 08:20 PM..
Old 01-03-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
It's an ongoing debate. Common logic would suggest with the colder denser air charge that a richer fuel mix is needed. While the aftermarket one is better flowing, doesn't mean it's better for MPG. One could argue a warm air intake is better for MPG because it promotes a leaner fuel mixture AND atomizes the fuel better in the air charge.

It does not help a vehicle run smoother by any means. It simply flows better. But, realize this, it only helps at wide open throttle. Any other time, the biggest restriction in your intake system is........ YOUR THROTTLE!

Which, controlling that thing yields far better MPG increases with absolutely no costs.

Have you fixed that Nissan yet?

Adding weight hurts fuel mileage.

That's because those are buicks. The stickers on everything else is silly. And, if they don't match the number of cylinders, than WTF.

Only time it's good if someone sectioned in real buick vender vents.
looking at his closer they might not even be vents just some sort of accents.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Their plastic faux vents, with double sided tape. It's a common trend now days for the gangsters...

I've seen those vents at walmart.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Stage 2 member

Send a message via Yahoo to skim4food

the only thing im going to say about the rims is pleaseee dont get more than 20" rims, i have 20's on my s10 and im going to buy 18's cause i dont like the 20's, horrible ride.
Maybe get rid of the Streetglow on the front window?
and the GMC emblem of front maybe get the stoke and paint it black? the "diamond" ones are dumb...
these of course are just my view...
other than that, yukon denali have been one of my favorite suv's for a long time, your lucky haha