Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (5)
Default America!

Im thinking of moving to america once iv finished my college courses and got a job so save up and i want to know...where is the safest place to live?

Where is free from alot of crime and natural disasters?

Over here i don't have to worry about natural disasters such as floods, tornados, hurricanes ect. York has only really had one huge flood but that didn't effect me because i live in one of the towns, not the city.

I want to find somwhere weather wise abit like here...warm during summer, snowy during winter.

Hope most of you guys could help me out.

Cheers.

The Monster Mustang - Link

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air - Link

Old 03-05-2010, 09:58 AM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

tbh, america is full of natural disasters, no matter where u go, the best place that doesnt have a lot that i can think of is... Washington DC, but im not sure about how aafe of a place it is, but in almost every city, they have the ghetto area and a better crime free area

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

Okay, Pennsylvania is a great state. It has a balanced 4 seasons (usually) It is safe, disasters are extremely minimum. In regards to work, if you lived in northeastern PA then you can travel to either new York or new jersey. Considering they are both right on the border of NE PA.

hope that helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
tbh, america is full of natural disasters, no matter where u go, the best place that doesnt have a lot that i can think of is... Washington DC, but im not sure about how aafe of a place it is, but in almost every city, they have the ghetto area and a better crime free area

Not nessacarily, there are plenty of places in the U.S.A that are natural disaster free.

I have lived in PA for 11 years and the worst thing that happened was this past blizzard.

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 03-05-2010 at 10:06 AM..
Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Agreed on the PA recommendation from xmodsunlimited....

Typically no natural disasters due to all the mountain ranges, the seasons are great although it does get cold in winter.

You can easily get to NY and NJ and go a little further to get to Connecticut, Virginia, Delware, Maryland, Washington DC so its a prime location.

I moved from the UK about 6 years ago now, I am originally from Sutton Coldfield but spent about 5 years in London, I also spent a year living in NY whilst the speed of life might be a little slower where I live in PA it is certainly the best place I have ever lived.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 03-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Advance member

i live in south easter ohio its a little histroric town of marietta the winters are extremly snowy falls are extremely fally? summers nice and warm and spring is springy. never have tornatos flood (except back roads flood over somtimes) and dang sure no hurricas its great here summer days are ususlly 80s or 90's winters are 10-30's F

FOR SALE!
SCION TC WITH B/K.
HUMMER BODY AND BK.
ACURA NSX BODY WITH FRONT CLIP.
G35 WITH B/K.
SOME SUSPENTION STUFF.
SWEET CUSTOM TRAILER.
PM ME.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Elite member

don't move to NJ i live here and it sucks.High taxes you will get cancer and the state is a joke.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco72 View Post
don't move to NJ i live here and it sucks.High taxes you will get cancer and the state is a joke.
wow,

agreed on the taxes, but the cancer part is a little extreme.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 AM

Trader Rating: (0)

I think PA is not too bad, ive been here for 11 years, but Washington state is really nice too, well west of the cascade mountains. Seattle is a great area, i lived 45 min south of there in Olympia for 5 years and loved it. beautiful surroundings. The seasons are pretty mild, Summer is high 70's low 80's, winters are pretty mild too, you get snow but not tons of it. I wouldn't mind living there again. The Portland, Oregon area is nice too.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:19 AM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco72 View Post
Well the new Govenor is really messing things up, I still don't know how he got elected but I would overlook the taxes part. The taxes here are high I agree but it does balance out with the fact that NJ Pays the highest salaries too. I live in NJ and it doesn't sound nearly as bad as you made It sound. The residents just kinda get tired of living in the state and seeing th same things everyday. As for safety, idk abouth south jersey too much but I'd try north jersey, I've visited some Areas where I couldn't beleive my eyes on how peaceful they were. (if you consider nj, I'd Run with the PA suggestion and try to work in NJ)

Old 03-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (1)

Well, Since the world is going to end in 2012, unless, as stated in the movie you go to wisconsin, which is the safest place to be, you will all perish

I VOTE FOR WISCONSIN

happy cows come from wisconsin NOT CALIFORNIA
370z-stock
Old 03-05-2010, 01:05 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Dex we haved talked about this before ... i grew up on the east coast, lived and explored for 25 years...took a 2 month road trip drove 10,000 miles and saw alot of this beautiful country...there are many, many beautiful places to see and visit...but if you truly want to find a place that you can live in safely...both from crime and disasters...and be able to explore the rest of your life...NO sales tax...good universities and nice people...from ALL different walks of life...OREGON is where you need to be...whether it be the ocean, the valley, the mountains or the desert...there is something for everyone here...

some words of advice...visit any of these places b4 you decide to 100% move to any of them...now if you don't mind i'm off to ride the mountain with the mrs...maybe a bike ride this afternoon...might float the river tomorrow...or maybe a hike with the dog out back...fancy some climbing?...someone say they like to fish?...LOL

i live in Bend, OR...check it out...just dont move too close and mess up my radio shack mojo LOL...

Team X.I.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia. You will have all the seasons, light winters with good snow, warm summers. Cheaper air fair back to UK. Best place to go. Close to new York and DC for tourist stuff. Not much for natural disasters. Lots of employment and good city and country areas. My best suggestion is those states. Southern PA or western VA or MD.

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 03-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

What field do you plan on working in?

I love Virginia Beach, VA.

Was rated the safest city in US in 2004

also

Additionally, the geographic location of the city, with respect to the principal storm tracks, is especially favorable, as it is south of the average path of storms originating in the higher latitudes, and north of the usual tracks of hurricanes and other major tropical storms.With the exception of Hurricane Isabel in 2003

There isn't any other real natural disasters either.

Anyhow. That is from wikipedia. Check it out yourself if you want more info.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (5)

i plan to work on full scale cars, paint and body work as im already doing it part time while as im at college but in september when college starts again i will do a painting course that does motorbikes and cars.

I should have enough experience then to work for a big company of some sort or maybe even start my own but i don't wanna get too far ahead of myself.

I think i may have to visit Pennsylvania just for a 2 week holiday or something, just to check it out and see whats what.

EDIT: when i do decide to move i think the thing thats going to be most annoying and expensive is shipping over the car, i know i could just buy another car but i wanna keep my first car and if im right there are no rover 25/mg zr in america and if there are there won't be many.

The Monster Mustang - Link

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air - Link

Last edited by deckerz; 03-05-2010 at 04:11 PM..
Old 03-05-2010, 04:12 PM
noob customizer

Trader Rating: (3)

Well I live in Decatur, IL.. Never heard of it? Good. You are better off not knowing anything about this dump. We have a Cat plant that's close to shutting down, and ADM and Tate + Lyle. There is a ton of air pollution. And there is nothing to do here.. The closest rc shop is almost 50 miles away in Springfield. So listen to one of these other guys..

I frequently watch a show on biography channel called gangland, there really isn't a safe town. Especially not D.C. D.C. has the highest crime rate in America.

Good luck with the move.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Elite member

then move to northern NJ lots of body shops around here and yes were not called the cancer state for nothing.The only thing NJ is good for is NY is 15 min. from me and we have down the shore to
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckerz View Post
i plan to work on full scale cars, paint and body work as im already doing it part time while as im at college but in september when college starts again i will do a painting course that does motorbikes and cars.

I should have enough experience then to work for a big company of some sort or maybe even start my own but i don't wanna get too far ahead of myself.

I think i may have to visit Pennsylvania just for a 2 week holiday or something, just to check it out and see whats what.

EDIT: when i do decide to move i think the thing thats going to be most annoying and expensive is shipping over the car, i know i could just buy another car but i wanna keep my first car and if im right there are no rover 25/mg zr in america and if there are there won't be many.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

My town of Savage, MN is #9 in some list that I cant find of the best places to live in America. Its best if you have a higher income, but our neighbor city of Burnsville is pretty good, but Prior Lake, MN would be my recommendation if you are getting a house. If not, than maybe a Burnsville apartment. No real disasters here other than hail/snow, but since its at the same latitude as Britain, than the climate is the same, but I think we get a bit warmer than you guys in the summer. And since its Minnesota, than you will have plenty of cars to work on, especially in the winter. We have major rust on our cars, and in the winter, its every few minutes another car goes in the ditch. We are also a very healthy state, and our crime rate is pretty low. The Minneapolis metro area is one of the safest in America.

Just my recommendation...
Old 03-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Life is like a game

Whatever you do, don't come to central Florida. It might have some of the nicest weather in all of Florida, low on crime, and have some of the prettiest areas, but everything else sucks. Trying to get a job before and after the recession is impossible (well for the most part), if you do get a job the pay sucks, if your really young 20-35 then you will be bored out of your mind because there is nothing fun here (full of old people, nothing wrong with them though its just I'm am young'n) (kinda biased opinion because I'm a city boy) and you have to drive to go everywhere. (sometimes I get tired of having to jump in the car just to anywhere, I miss being able to walk everywhere + I need the exercise.) Another positive of here is that there is PLENTY of open space, as well being 45min away from Tampa and close to an hour from the Disney area. Also if you love hunting/fishing/mudding/4wheeling there is plenty of that here. Thats just my opinion, I would easily go back to New York City: good pay, easy to get a job,everything in walking distance, plenty of areas to shop and buy FOOD (I love food), and easy to find certain items cheap. Downside to NYC is that the cost of living is insane (especially in the city) and the cold weather will kill you if your not used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder121 View Post
not so secret anymore but this is so sexy i'm gonna mix spanish and english together muy=very + sexy=sexy = smexy *very sexy* but i love the version more than the stock it just looks so nice idk how to explain myself.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:12 PM
retired xmodder

Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

dont come to SoCal.. just dont.. it has cold and harsh winters(no snow.. but mudslides here and there...) the summer is toooooo hot.. which causes fires.. which in the end are the cause of the mudslides... im sure its not as bad in the city.. but im on a mountain.. and oh lord i wish mudslides werent real.. we had a mudslide when i was in 3rd grade... mud came in the house.. but we caught it before it came in(and the mud has a couple stairs and a couple feet of height to get down from til it reaches the door)

there was another giant landslide about a street down, luckily nobody was hurt, but a whole house was completely destroyer and the street was red flagged as a land slide zone.. and all the houses were undergoing major inspection

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-05-2010, 07:33 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Michigan, most cities are safe enough