Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 08:15 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

x2 on Michigan. The more North you go the more beautiful it gets.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 03-05-2010, 08:33 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

X3 Michigan is nice. I used to live there when I was younger (lived in South West Michigan (in Portage which is in Kalamazoo )) It's a nice place.

If you have the money, I bet you could go to Northern California. The summers are hot (around 100), winter sometimes gets cold (around 30 as the low) but the weather is typically very nice.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:29 PM
is here

Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

x4 on Michigan, I was there for over a week, very nice going again this summer. Plus if you like cars, Michigan is the place to be. Otherwise I say New York, I live here(long island) and as long as you're away from NYC its pretty much problem free(not saying NYC is bad, I've got a wealthy cousin of mom's who lives there) Out here on the Island, its very nice, beaches on every side, not too far to places, but not close together like a city would be. Natural disasters, the strongest tornado we have had recently was an F1 waterspout on the LI Sound, that was the closest we got besides an F0 tornado 2 summers ago. So far this year and last year the only problems we have had is a VERY snowy winter, 4 blizzards so far this season and over 70" total(usually around 20" total for a whole season) Crime rate is low and cops are practically everywhere(big units) plus lots of places to exhibit your hobby(mine is Radio Control as is most on this forum )
Old 03-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

i like it here in washington, not really crime free in tacoma or seattle (all of the cops that have been getting shot) but bellingham is like farm land and there is like no one there. it gets warm in the summer and cold in the winter so thats nice, lots of lakes and mountains to go and hang around too.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

Move to Flatbush N.Y. you will get shot in 2 sec.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:25 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

I guess I could give some Michigan pictures, my collection only touches a small part of michigan's beauty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamessa...7622826264505/
Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 PM
is awesome

Missouri's not a bad place some nice people and some mean. Why come to america tho to work on cars I bet it be a lot easier getting a job in the uk imo
Old 03-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

You should move to Canada if your looking for Crime Free, Snow during the winter, nice warmth during the summer, beautiful, and do I mean beautiful. Natural Disasters however... Not sure on that one.

Anyhow your question, I would say TEXAS! Cause they do it better in Texas.

Even ask Texan on that one. Drive-threw alchol, a license to have a concealed firearm, if someone steps on your property, you can blow them to pieces... Whats not better then that? Oh! And it's extremely warm there too.

Blade.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:57 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

If you want a custom car culture, CA, and TX are hard to beat.

Really, anywhere in the north west and central US fits your description. I'd suggest Colorado, though. Beautiful state, moderate winters and great summers. TX is only a choice if you can handle 100+ during the hottest of summers, but our winters kickass since you can still manage to be outdoors. Cheap taxes too, we don't have a state tax, and from what I hear one of the lower sales and income taxes (but a healthy economy, despite all the mess). As long as you stay away from the border towns, you're a-ok on safety. Austin in perticular would be a great choice. Beautiful hill country, far away from the hurricanes, music capitol of TX, and much of the US (Austin City Limits is a pretty big step for musicians), and a great culture all around. And... the bat bridge. 300,000 bats live under a bridge infront of the capitol, and at dusk they come out... and a guy dressed in a batman suite runs around. It's great

Mich is nice, if you stay away from Detroit.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 03-18-2010, 06:18 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

x5 on Michigan.

But if for some reason you have your mind set to stay away from there, I suppose I could suggest my home state, Georgia. Even in the heart of Atlanta, crime is relatively low (As long as you don't wander off to some random place), and the farther you get, the lower it gets. The half south of the Fall Line (You'll know what that is if you choose here) is 90% farms. The closest you can come to an automotive shop down there is Tractor Supply Company. So stay in the north. Cobb county is notorious for tornadoes, and Fulton recently got a huge freak-of-nature flood, but otherwise, we're virtually disaster free down here. If you chose to live farther north than myself, you'd hit the Appalachians. They fit your other criteria of snow. Every winter, starting near the beginning of December, they start to get snow, very lightly, and it lets up mid-February. It's just enough to be considered a normal snowfall without being destructive in any way. And further, this is a very beautiful state on its own. Since most people only know Georgia from watching the Dukes of Hazzard, they assume it's just a redneck farming state, but that's completely not true. Only southern Georgia is like that. Up here in the north, we have big cities, beautiful natural parks, easy access to almost anything that we don't have with no more than a four hour drive mostly, and not to mention, Road Atlanta. Ohhhh, and while you're at it, go across the street from RA to Chateau Elan (Or however you spell that). I've never had any, but it gets credit for having some of the best wine in the country, comparable to authentic Italian wine. And not to mention White Water, the critics' third best water park in the country. And there's so much more to offer as well. (Yes, I may have just wasted your time, but I wanted to make the point that Georgia is not only for redneck farmers.)

Last edited by firebird999; 03-18-2010 at 06:20 AM..
Old 03-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Cloud 9

Trader Rating: (8)

Move to San Diego, Ca. No snow, but its nice weather all year round. Plenty of thigs to do. Beware, it's pretty pricey here, though.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Elite member

well michigan seems pretty popular, once i get a job and start saving, il go over there for a week or 2, do some sight seeing blah blah

The Monster Mustang - Link

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air - Link

Old 03-26-2010, 11:00 AM
TEAM DISPLACEMENT FOUNDER

Send a message via Yahoo to mr.hotrod

north central indiana... there is little crime... we do have gangstaswannabes. and the last major tornado was atleast in my county 50 years ago. plus the king of cool * james dean * used to live in fairmount indiana so you can see his first car and his indian motorcycle.
fast and the furious tokyo drift mustang 100%
rsx rally car 80%
nine in the quarter100%
HMU on live folks MrHotRod1971
Old 09-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Elite member

OK guys so everyday is getting closer, i know its months from now but i want to try take a holiday next year once college has finished (end june start july) with a couple of mates but i want to go where i might want to move to.

So as far as i can tell michigan seems popular but is it free from natural disastars? Obviously i dont want to take a holiday in detroit, that will be like here but with guns so where in michigan is pretty much crime free too?

Now theres a few questions for when i plan to move there.

Iv seem on American films and tv shows sometimes about medical bills for when people have kids, over here its free but its a different country. its kinda in the future but what are we talking here for the medical bill like the price?

When i want to drive over there, can i drive on my UK liecence or would i have to get a american liecence? also what procedure would it be, would i have to retake my test or could i just fill out some forms and get a american liecence?

The Monster Mustang - Link

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air - Link

Old 09-26-2010, 06:36 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckerz View Post
OK guys so everyday is getting closer, i know its months from now but i want to try take a holiday next year once college has finished (end june start july) with a couple of mates but i want to go where i might want to move to.

So as far as i can tell michigan seems popular but is it free from natural disastars? Obviously i dont want to take a holiday in detroit, that will be like here but with guns so where in michigan is pretty much crime free too?

Now theres a few questions for when i plan to move there.

Iv seem on American films and tv shows sometimes about medical bills for when people have kids, over here its free but its a different country. its kinda in the future but what are we talking here for the medical bill like the price?

When i want to drive over there, can i drive on my UK liecence or would i have to get a american liecence? also what procedure would it be, would i have to retake my test or could i just fill out some forms and get a american liecence?
first off definitely visit before you pick up and move

be real sure about your final destination

probably going to need a visa to move here

license is probably ok for 30 days or something, then new written test, maybe driving test and fees for license...8 years in Oregon before renewal

health insurance is expensive...having a kid also expensive...those who have had one can gve you better prices on the rugrats

good luck with your travels and endeavours

Team X.I.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:42 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

here in cali, its 60 days before you need a CA plate, you retake both written and driving tests, then get your plate

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 09-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Elite member

Missouri is not a bad place to live, only natural disasters here are tornados & thats only if you live in the western part towards kansas. Warm/Hot in the Summer, cool in the fall & snowy in the winter & cool in the spring.

Great place to live but it can get humid in the summer at times though. As for the lisence I think your good for 30 days? Then you have to either transfer it or take the written test. Not for sure.

TEAM XI
Old 09-26-2010, 09:18 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

shoot theb1gdude a pm. he came over here from across the pond. he would be answer your questions on the license thing and what you would need to do to move here a little better since he has first hand experience.
as for medical it all depends on what kinda insurance and whatnot you have. you still have out of pocket expenses with having a kid. but not near what it would be without insurance. i think we ended up somewhere around 700-1000 with insurance covering the rest. But we had 2 insurances. Neither one was "superb"
the type of insurance you get depends on where you work, and how much you wanna pay out of pocket for premiums. if i remember right a natural birth is somewhere around 8-10k our cost more due to the fact it was a c section. but it was cheaper than an emergency c section as it was planned.

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 09-27-2010, 01:32 AM
Elite member

Sounds like you want to live in Orem, Utah. Lowest crime rate for a city it's size. Hot in the summer, snowy in the winter. Low incidents of natural disasters. Here's an article about the low crime rate though 10 years old, but it's still probably one of the safest/most boring places to live. Close to mountains and outdoors activities though.

http://web.ksl.com/dump/news/cc/spec...e/crime_01.htm

Over here, if you're going to travel international, you can get an international driving permit from AAA, that's the Automobile Association of America. You guys should have something similar. The police don't have to respect it, but it helps, it at least shows that you made an attempt at being legit.

With healthcare, you have to buy insurance, but who knows what's going to happen with Obama's new healthcare plan. There are some options of low cost clinics for lower income families who don't have insurance, but there is still costs involved.

Last edited by RallyWRX; 09-27-2010 at 01:49 AM..
Old 09-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Get a good job. Even Domino's Pizza provides health care for their part time workers. Once you're older and again, have a good job, and a much better plan is offered by an employer.

You don't want the **** they give you on welfare, nor do you want that stigma in the US that you're dependent on the government.

I encourage the midwest and south. That is, unless you want snow that will actually be a pain in the *** to live with.

Austin TX (and the state as a whole) has one of the strongest economies in the world. The city of Austin is the 3rd strongest metro (city) economy in the States, and has been ranked #1 by Forbes as the best city for business. It is one of the more moderate cities, liberal minded in a conservative state. We're not going broke like California, dropping jobs like a pounds in a Biggest Loser episode like the states and cities that rely on industrial jobs, and this is a great place to be if you're looking to get into business or engineering.

The cost of living ain't bad either, and taxes are low.

And I can assure you- the culture here is way beyond that of Orem Utah, Indiana, or Missouri. We're not called the "Live Music Capitol of the World" for nothing. It's in the heart of TX hill country, the land is beautiful and the options for stuff to do is unlimited.

Plus, when F1 racing decided to return to the United States, they chose Austin Texas.
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...0/5/10824.html

Quote:
Over here, if you're going to travel international, you can get an international driving permit from AAA, that's the Automobile Association of America. You guys should have something similar. The police don't have to respect it, but it helps, it at least shows that you made an attempt at being legit.
Pay money to a private company for something that is not legit to law enforcement? Seems like a big waste of time.

If I'm not mistaken your Visa should cover you for your trip. But, when you decide to move you need to contact your local DPS office for your city- the requirements change between states.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 09-27-2010 at 12:39 PM..