Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Appearance
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 07-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (1)
Talking civic stripes

does anyone have any good ideas for pin striping for a black civic. my buddy has one and every one that we have tried just doesn't work. so if anyone has any good ideas please let me know. thanks barricade1.

Last edited by Barricade1; 07-19-2007 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: put a period were it wasn't needed.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:30 PM
XMS moderator

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to tayyab

civic strips???? umm... ithink u mean stripes.lol
anyway here is a very easy way i use

STEP 1: first spray the body the color u want the stripes not a full paint job just the places u want the stripes, u can put tape to avoid full paint job

STEP 2 :when paint has dried down, pick up some tape and start from front bumper go till rear <DO NOT DEATTACH BODY PARTS or the stripes will not come out straight>add spoiler if u want it with stripes too.anyway TAPE 2 stripes on the the newly painted parts and leave like half and inch or so space in between or as much u want
but remember the tape u are using should be as wide as u want the stripes, once u have done that tape down the windows

STEP 3 : chose the color u want the body to be, paint it and let it and let it dry
NOTE: do not forget how many layers u did on the stripes, do as many on the body or the paint will come out uneven

STEP 4 :when the paint has dried just remove the tape u used and reveal the cool stripes u did on ur car
Old 07-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (20)

get a set of the xmod decal sheets and cut it down to size you want with some scissors. then dry fit them where you want them to go first and mark it with a pencil. now start from the front and go to the back removing the backing for the decal you are putting on and try to get the bubbles out as you go.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to redrkt Send a message via MSN to redrkt Send a message via Yahoo to redrkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barricade1 View Post
does anyone have any good ideas for pin striping for a black civic. my buddy has one and every one that we have tried just doesn't work. so if anyone has any good ideas please let me know. thanks barricade1.
If you are trying to do decal stripes on it you need to use decals that have a white background on them or they will not show up against the black.
If you are making your own decals then you need to use "white" decal paper, this is decal paper that has a white background to it.
otherwise you need to get an ALPS printer (the only printer that actually prints white and extremely expensive to get).
If you want PM me and I can give you some places to get what you need to do your stripes.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Xmod Expert

Ok first of all to anyone above me Pin stripes are usually considered: thin stripes that are highly detailed, either forming a picture or a line across the car or a design. the one element that satys the same, it always consists of thin lines." on real cars people do this with detailing brushes. On an xmods i would not recomend anyone doing it without knowing how to or having learned before hand, unless you want to ruin your body and have to repaint the entire thing...Why is it so hard because the people above me dont under stand how thin these lines are and how hard it is to control the brush that perfectly...

This is a real pinstrip because some people above me either dont understand what it is or how it is done:

BTW that is a crappy example...they were just trying to sell the brushs, the real thing is much cooler, and if you want to do this with the decal sheat you are beyond a retard.

Edit: tayyab are you really that ********** ******* stupid do you not see how much harder you made getting simple stripes??? which dont even relate to the topic of pinstripes???

For normal stripes you usually try to avoid taping as much because thats where scrue ups come, so usually you paint it the colour you want the car, then add stripes...and if your worries about uneveness your using the wrong paint...

Last edited by meme405; 07-20-2007 at 02:14 PM..
Old 07-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (1)

i would like to say thanks to everyone who has given me so ideas. i will run the by my buddy and see what he wants to do. and once again i would like to say thank you all.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:16 AM
XMS moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Ok first of all to anyone above me Pin stripes are usually considered: thin stripes that are highly detailed, either forming a picture or a line across the car or a design. the one element that satys the same, it always consists of thin lines." on real cars people do this with detailing brushes. On an xmods i would not recomend anyone doing it without knowing how to or having learned before hand, unless you want to ruin your body and have to repaint the entire thing...Why is it so hard because the people above me dont under stand how thin these lines are and how hard it is to control the brush that perfectly...

This is a real pinstrip because some people above me either dont understand what it is or how it is done:

BTW that is a crappy example...they were just trying to sell the brushs, the real thing is much cooler, and if you want to do this with the decal sheat you are beyond a retard.

Edit: tayyab are you really that ********** ******* stupid do you not see how much harder you made getting simple stripes??? which dont even relate to the topic of pinstripes???

For normal stripes you usually try to avoid taping as much because thats where scrue ups come, so usually you paint it the colour you want the car, then add stripes...and if your worries about uneveness your using the wrong paint...
opps...sorry i didnt read the topic carefully i thought he meant simple stripes.....and that is how i paint stripes
if there is an easiar way plz do tell
Old 07-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Xmod Expert

its ok im sorry i shouldnt have blown up, i did write a simpler way to do it at the bottom where intead of putting tape down twice you only put it down once fore the stripes...
Old 07-23-2007, 06:29 AM
XMS moderator

im cool