Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Pick up truck, please. The fact that you brought up "vtec" means you don't have a clue. Even your mustang has vtec there dippy! unless its older then 98. love to race your mustang! Show you what a real v6 can do next to yours and if it's a v8, 260hp or 300hp. Thats just a difference of my honda either pulling on you and riden right next to yeah. v8 260hp "no problem" newer v8 300hp "Hope you can drive son, it's gonna be close"!
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop

Last edited by streetridaz27; 04-23-2007 at 11:20 PM..
Old 04-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Stage 1 member

First off my XMOD is a Mustang but thanks, and i drive an 05 Chevy Siverado single cab short bed with an LS6 motor son. 1/4 mile in 12.3 just this past Saturday. Sorry bad *** or not it's still just another car. So feel free to come on to Texas if you really think your lil V6 can take an LS6.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Elite member

stop yo versus talk right now! lol
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7663
but seriously, like 7 threads have been closed about some guy who likes chevy and some guy likes honda blahblahblahblah.......

Old 04-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Stage 1 member

Sweetvette you know I have the utmost respect for you so don't take this as offensive, but our "argument" if thats what you want to call it, is not about a better brand type or anything, merely over which between ours is better, as a matter of fact I've even stated that his car does sound bad ***. Furthermore, as of right now it is purely a statement of fact, not which is better. Well i may have said that my truck could spank his car.....but other than that....lol.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 AM
Cloud 9

Trader Rating: (8)

I like it. Very niceeee.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:11 AM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOlTexan View Post
Sweetvette you know I have the utmost respect for you so don't take this as offensive, but our "argument" if thats what you want to call it, is not about a better brand type or anything, merely over which between ours is better, as a matter of fact I've even stated that his car does sound bad ***. Furthermore, as of right now it is purely a statement of fact, not which is better. Well i may have said that my truck could spank his car.....but other than that....lol.
That's fine, but keep it civil. We've had a history of totally innocent getting WAY out hand because of a few people. And as a result, we've opted a no tolerance policy. it's just soooo much easier for us to stop it before it becomes a problem.

Saying that your engine swapped truck would definitely spank his accord is just the kind of talk that frequently gets out of hand. There's just nothing good that can come of it. True or not.

Thanks.

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC
Old 04-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Stage 1 member

Alrighty I apologize if i offended anyone.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via ICQ to superinfinity Send a message via AIM to superinfinity Send a message via MSN to superinfinity Send a message via Yahoo to superinfinity

I didn't know that my little xmods have Vtec? lol
CTC-Founder
Dontspamme, Porsche isnt French you Tard!

http://s1.zetaboards.com/STLRacing_Forums/index/

Visit my Online Store!!! I do EVERYTHING!

Batteries:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=545233

Board Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546175

Body Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546687
Old 04-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Stage 2 member

I'm good. I just thought it was childish to come in and talk ish in my post. I wouldn't go into some other dude post and talk ish about his engine swapped trunk. Apples and oranges. He started the ish talk. To much of that on the internet. Would always be different if we were face to face. There wouldn't be such smart mouths. It's all gravy!
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop

Last edited by streetridaz27; 04-24-2007 at 09:51 AM..
Old 04-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to Archon_Ramie

Very nice car. Did they just start making Accords with manual transmissions? When I was car shopping, the Accord was one of the ones I was looking at, but I couldn't find a stick ANYWHERE around.

And yeah, everyone gets variable valve timing nowadays. Except for me...

Lancer Evo- PN Racing Saber motor, AWD kit, supension, stacked fets, aluminium wheels, 7 cell upgrade.
Mustang GT- PN Racing Anima motor, locked rear differential, aluminium wheels, stacked fets, giant rear tires, and lithium power.
Eldar Falcon- Anti grav, wraithbone plating, pulse laser, scatter laser, shuriken catapult, targeting matrix, holofield, spirit stone.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Ramie View Post
And yeah, everyone gets variable valve timing nowadays. Except for me...
Yeah not many cars don't have it now a days. Even before in the late 90's when people heard you say vtec it was like you had a quad turbo set up. It's really not that big of a deal. lol Anywa Yeah they have been making the v6 with a 6 Speed manual since 2003. They are really rare though. Special order on the most part. Not many people know about them. The Dealer told me that they only make 200 a year for the united states. I got 1! lol Awsome car for 27k out the door.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 04-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to Archon_Ramie

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetridaz27 View Post
Yeah not many cars don't have it now a days. Even before in the late 90's when people heard you say vtec it was like you had a quad turbo set up. It's really not that big of a deal.
I dunno, in some cars it seems to make a big deal. Like my friends S2000. All nice and civil until he stomped the gas and made the Vtec kick in. Then it sounded like a monster roaring.

Stupid S2000. (*jealous cry!)

Lancer Evo- PN Racing Saber motor, AWD kit, supension, stacked fets, aluminium wheels, 7 cell upgrade.
Mustang GT- PN Racing Anima motor, locked rear differential, aluminium wheels, stacked fets, giant rear tires, and lithium power.
Eldar Falcon- Anti grav, wraithbone plating, pulse laser, scatter laser, shuriken catapult, targeting matrix, holofield, spirit stone.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Ramie View Post
I dunno, in some cars it seems to make a big deal. Like my friends S2000. All nice and civil until he stomped the gas and made the Vtec kick in. Then it sounded like a monster roaring.

Stupid S2000. (*jealous cry!)
Yeah the s2000 is it a 240hp feather. lol Power to weight ratio in those is insane. those dohc's sounds nice when tec kicks in. lol I would have one if I wasn't 6'-6" tall. There is no way that I could drive my commute in that tuna cans. (pretty tuna can though!) Thats why I like the accord. i've got all the head room I need and when I need alittle something....The car's got tons of power. I've raced a s2000 from a 70mph roll and he got me by a 1/2 a car length by 105mph. I love that you can't even hear my car rev up, until it hits 4k, then the sound drops and gets nasty throaty. lol Varible valve timing is awsome, no doubt, but still isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. Most people didn't even hear about vtec till 1997-2000. I had a 94 accord with vtec. Once they started putting it in all honda and acura cars is when people over exaggerated it for massive power. It really doesn't do much other then keep your gas milage low in the low and mid range of your power band. Look at like the acura integra gs, That car didn't have vtec and was faster then most of the vtecs of its time. it just had more low end torque. but some people still act like the ones that have it think they have a fat turbo or something.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop

Last edited by streetridaz27; 04-25-2007 at 06:04 PM..
Old 04-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Theyve come along way it seems. I remember just last year being able to kill these in the Jimmy. OH man the ol' accords were fun to mess with.

Just remember though, its not about HP all the time, its the torque that'll kill ya.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 04-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Stage 2 member

i agree although, the i4 accords were nice in the power department. The sad thing was the old 6th gen accord v6 has a 200hp v6 that was crap. It funny the supercharged 6th gen accords are pulling alittle less then what my car does stock. the engines had been far improved. It's the close ratio 6 speed that makes the v6 shine.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 04-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

The I4 ones, and a few of these body styled ones (dunno what years) where what the GMC beat. Mainly just stupid rice teens tail gating, then going for the pass in the opposite lane. Basically, from about 30-50 they got to the back doors, then from that, till the speed limiter once at 96 they couldnt keep up. This is all back roads and such around here, my step dad knows them on the back of his hand, so when ricers try to tear through, they drive like *****. He knows where to start messin with them, haha.

But I can imagine them now with a 6speed being able to stay in their power band enough to make use of their V6 now.

98 Jimmy-180hp/245ft lb tq-4 speed auto

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 04-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Stage 2 member

Oh yeah I know those guys lol. Those are the dudes I prey for on my commute. I was with the whole underground racing scene when it really was underground. lol "Pre Fast and Furious." That stupid movie ruinned it for everyone. Now you get the dorks that will do the ricer fly by on you and then ride your butt. Like there going to do anything. lol Thats when I let them get a 2 car lead and I drop 3rd. Watch there faces when there thinking **** all these upgrades and He's running away from me. lol I did that whole scene. NOw I just going to buy um faster and nicer as I get older. lol A stock accord inline 4, 6th gen was 150hp and 143lb torque at the motor. My current 6mt accord is pushing 208hp and 195lbft at the wheels! and it's all flowing through the magic close ratio 6. which really gives her the umph. lol Running gears quickly.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Tell that to the accord, Them and civics, heck, even my moms Saturn L200 gave a few of them a run for their money, and that car is crap.

Its the magic of engine braking for us. They tailgate, pop it into 3rd and let off the gas, it slooooows with no bake lights. The moment they go for the other lane, snap it back into drive, and let the Vortec V6 pull the rest. Too many underestimate the ol' s-series. If you race the 4cyl their easy to kill, but the Vortec V6 is a strong motor. 4.3L of chevy 350 designed madness, lol.

Lol, your taste for cars gets better with age eh? What did you have before

Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Tell that to the accord, Them and civics, heck, even my moms Saturn L200 gave a few of them a run for their money, and that car is crap.

Its the magic of engine braking for us. They tailgate, pop it into 3rd and let off the gas, it slooooows with no bake lights. The moment they go for the other lane, snap it back into drive, and let the Vortec V6 pull the rest. Too many underestimate the ol' s-series. If you race the 4cyl their easy to kill, but the Vortec V6 is a strong motor. 4.3L of chevy 350 designed madness, lol.

Lol, your taste for cars gets better with age eh? What did you have before
A sleeper 98 accord i4, Cold air intake, Race headers, Apexi vtec controller, High volume fuel rail. Straight flow racing cat, Apex Exhaust, new cam and pullies, 10mm spark plug wires, a short shifter slammed to the ground with skunk 2 coilovers and tykiko gas shocks. lol All beef and no looks. Totally stock but loud.......lol very loud. When I opened that thing up, you knew it. lol Those i4 accords love mods. Stock they suck, no doubt but that motor loves mods.
X-Spd W/9T Pin
Metal Brgs
AWD W/4mmDrop
Old 04-26-2007, 02:30 PM
get on ur leash

Send a message via MSN to skyline-rsx392

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetridaz27 View Post
You got the same car? 6mt? It's 254Hp 223lbft torque
yea i do, its pretty cool. not trying to jack ur thread but here it is:

and the K&N filter i installed that adds more mpg's and like 1-2 more ponies