Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)
Default My Slash's!

Since my computer now works completely (looooong story) I thought I would get a few pictures of my two Slashs, one I just got today!

An extremely belated Christmas present, just got it after we went to the Auto Show. Its the brushed version though, so I will have to break in the motor. Its not my choice of color, but it was the only one in stock, so it'll do until I get a new body.

No motor... Took it out for breaking in tomorrow...

I really hope to get it running soon. Cant wait. All the snow melt is making some awesome puddles! Maybe some pictures of it outside, with its big brother.

Onto the 1/10. Its just perfect. Only issue is that the guy I bought it from put in some really soft springs in the back, so the mudflaps drag a little. But it is an excellent truck and I love it! It has a VXL-3S brushless system on board, with some deans plugs and Duratrax 4600 7-cells. Its ready for a Hero Camera, so that explains the windshield hole. Its patched with some clear tape. Its RPM all around, except the front shock tower, and maybe a few other places. I have a new body ready to be painted, and it has a Proline undertray. It was well worth it, especially in the snow. Plus some Proline switch-six rims with bow-tie tires. A little better on its feet with the Proline wheels than the stock wheels.

Got a heck of a deal on it. $175 for all the RPM (minus front/rear bumpers, mudflaps and lights on roof) 2 battery packs, and an already broken in Titan motor. I put in the VXL system.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:32 AM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

WOAH nice i love the second one... looks so real
now.. why would u go buy another slash when u coulda gotten my scaler? oh well.. the damage is done.. now im sad

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Jeez, that 1/10's got a lot of rear sag. I had the BB shocks, the stock white progressive rate springs, and 40wt oil with some spacers on the shocks and it seemed to hold up pretty well, sagged a bit but not that bad.

Definitely some nice trucks you got there, makes me miss my Slash.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
Since my computer now works completely (looooong story)
Its the brushed version though, so I will have to break in the motor
Ermm...I think you meant nitro not brushed as in a Slayer not a Slash because neither of the Slashes 4x4 or not have the cantilever suspension. Correct me if I'm wrong....

But otherwise I really like the slash with the light bar it looks very real all you need is to fix the rear springs, and get some tires off an HPI blitz and you have a really scale looking truck.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingISdrifting View Post
Ermm...I think you meant nitro not brushed as in a Slayer not a Slash because neither of the Slashes 4x4 or not have the cantilever suspension. Correct me if I'm wrong....
I don't know about the suspension, but from the photos thats definitely the 1/16th scale Slash. And the photo that shows the suspension also shows that its guts are all electric, not nitro.

Edit: Heres a photo of the 1/16th slashes chassis from the Traxxas website.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Elite member

Yeah, it's the 1/16 Slash. Either that, or that's a really huge laptop that it's sitting on.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:24 AM
retired xmodder

oh wow i just noticed that thw fabtech is a 1/16 slash.. drop a big block motor mount and a MMP 9000kv system with paralell 3s lipos and tell us if u stop the earth's revolution lol that would be awesome

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Subaru Nut

DUDE!! that looks beast man great score. you should add some light to the bar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 03-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Bored...

Thanks guys! The rear sag can get real bad, but it never drags the rear end, and the mudflaps help keep it sitting upright. I may get some bog bores. The rear shocks are red, in case you're wondering. The only reason the lights bars aren't lit is because I drive the truck through a lot of water. LOT of water. I have actually done a bit of hydroplaning with it, following by a flip into the snow. Truck was dripping wet when I took it in. In my most recent run I flipped the large Slash good, and one of the light cup covers came off. Just need a bit of glue, and it'll look perfect! And mycrors4, I dont exactly want a motor that cost as much as the truck itself! And I am pretty sure the gears would shatter before I could stop the Earth's rotation. Plus I dont like lipo batteries. Speed isnt a reason to risk fire, like the kid from this link found out the hard way:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=194957

I'll stick with my nimhs, and (waterproof) motors intended for the 1/16 scale cars.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:29 PM
retired xmodder

its just a thought.. heh i know lipos can be dangerous, but they are also adicting. the power they give out is AMAzInG! err my ipod is running out of batteries, ill read that link later on... but again even the regular 1/18 size brushless systems have amazig power.. even on nimh

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
I dont like lipo batteries. Speed isnt a reason to risk fire

some days your the pigeon, some days you the statue...

just because others have had bad expirences is no reason to not use them... i was afraid when i first got lipo's, but if you use the proper steps you'll be fine. i justcharge my lipos under a metal bowl in the garage, i also put a brick on top if the bowl

like i said, just take the proper steps and your fine, learn from others mistakes and just realize that if you do not take proper steps to do it right then you mite not do so well...

also, theres boxes you can buy to put lipo's in so there water proof
Old 03-14-2010, 02:08 PM
retired xmodder

woah that's serious.. but he was charing them un-attended.. i charge mine right by my desk.. yes its on carpet.. which is even scaries.. but i keep an eye on them.. no matter what.. even if i have a 500000 page essay due. id rather fail it and keep an eye on my lipo.. i will be getting a lipo sack soon.. but now.. i put them between 2 spare rc18r bodies.. and tape the bodies shut.. first with masking tape.. then wish duct tape.. then i use my mom's Goo-Gone to take off the adhesive from the body

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-14-2010, 02:22 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
oh wow i just noticed that thw fabtech is a 1/16 slash.. drop a big block motor mount and a MMP 9000kv system with paralell 3s lipos and tell us if u stop the earth's revolution lol that would be awesome
Mycro, the 9000kv is only rated for 2S max, the motor anyway. Both Slash's look fantastic, especially the 2nd one. I personally think the VXL system for the 1/16s is enough power, my MERV running 23/45 on 14.4V is plenty enough power, but runs a little hot. And man try some Maxx Springs, they really helped my friend with his Slash, only problem is it really lifts up that rear end he only runs it because he uses Moabs. Me, personally I run a large spacer in the back and a medium one in the front to clear my Dirt Paws but thats just me
Old 03-14-2010, 02:28 PM
retired xmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
Mycro, the 9000kv is only rated for 2S max,
the sidewinder 8000kv combo is rated as 2s max(well the motor is) does that stop me from running it on 3s? nah.. i like breaking the law of gravity.. lmao
but i do run mine quite hot.. but nothing that can hurt the motor.. im geared at 12/60 right now...

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-14-2010, 02:33 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
the sidewinder 8000kv combo is rated as 2s max(well the motor is) does that stop me from running it on 3s? nah.. i like breaking the law of gravity.. lmao
but i do run mine quite hot.. but nothing that can hurt the motor.. im geared at 12/60 right now...
Well the 1/10 and the 1/18 motors and ESC's differ. If you're game for frying the motor, be that way. You may be running low gearing, but the motor just isn't rated for that amount of volts and sooner or later will fry internally. Same with the ESC like my SW5700 in my Slash isn't rated for 3S, the motor is but the motor with that ESC is not, only 2S with the SW ESC, now with a MM or MMP it could run 3S, but with the Slash's weight and gearing, frying the electronics wouldn't be worth it.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:37 PM
retired xmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
Well the 1/10 and the 1/18 motors and ESC's differ. If you're game for frying the motor, be that way. You may be running low gearing, but the motor just isn't rated for that amount of volts and sooner or later will fry internally. Same with the ESC like my SW5700 in my Slash isn't rated for 3S, the motor is but the motor with that ESC is not, only 2S with the SW ESC, now with a MM or MMP it could run 3S, but with the Slash's weight and gearing, frying the electronics wouldn't be worth it.
i think u have some false info.. the 1/10 SW is rated for 3s.. the MMP is rated for 6s O.o

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/sidewinder.html

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...a_max_pro.html

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 03-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Elite member

Wow, KITT thanks for posting that link about the LiPo. That's a real huge smack in the face for me being a home owner and having LiPos around.

At the moment I'm no longer using any of them, have some brand new ones laying around that will probably be up for sale soon.. but I plan to get some for my Emaxx's, and this time I will be getting LiPo sacks. I've always been careful with them, and never leave the room they are charging in. But I need to get the safety gear. I will be buying a few ammo boxes or something similar that I can store and charge my batteries in, as well as the LiPo sacks.. not going to chance it anymore, and from now on they will charge in the garage instead of inside the house.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Bored...

I do know that its stupid to leave them alone, but I do leave the room when my nimhs are charging, so I dont think I could keep an eye on them while they charge. I'm willing to try them, but right now I am satisfied with the nimhs. Although my little Slash needs a VSL system. I drove it outside and its a little flea as is, but Im going to look at better batteries, deans plugs, maybe a parallel battery setup for maximum run time, and the obvious brushless system. I launched it off the snow jump (that is probably now reduced to some water) and it is awesome! Only thing right now is run time. A bit short, but I just have the regular, stock battery.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Elite member

If you want it to go faster, get another stock battery and a series connector. That will satisfy your speed needs for now until you go with the VXL.

Deans plugs probably won't make much of a difference, the TRX connectors are very good for current flow. Unless everything else you run is deans, then it just makes sense.

As far as LiPo, they are well worth it and very inexpensive if you get the right ones. Just got to make sure you have the proper charger. You should atleast give it a shot, once you try it I think you'll stick with it. Just be safe with them.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Watching Lithium batteries charge isn't our job, its the smoke detector's