Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Default Anyone have the Motorola Q smart phone?

I just got one the other day for $50 from Alltel since my LG AX8600 was needing replaced for the third time in six months.

I really like it so far, pretty neat phone.. but holy god the battery life SUCKS.

I don't have the extra capacity battery, and can't find one on Ebay. I don't want to get it from Alltel because I know I will pay out the butt for it there.

Anyone have one or know a good place to get one for a good price? My buddy got the new Q9 and it came with both batteries, a regular and the e.c. Lucky bastard.

Also, anyone know of anything cool to do with them? I've only put a different theme on it so far that I got off the web.. that's about it.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

The Q sucks, the Q9H sucks too, the entire motorola family kinda blows. I hated the razr since they came out (POS IMO + everybody had them) And now they try to move into smartphones...Get a life Moto...

The only decent motorola is the Slvr i have had one for about 5 years, and it has been through hell. I now use it as a beater phone for snowboarding (yeah i waterproofed it), mountain biking. or when i beach it. Its even been through those fun drunk dips in the pool with me...

Right now Im using a Blackberry pearl, but normally when i unlock it again i use an iPhone...But im getting the new 9000 blackberry, which can be seen all over the internet...
Old 06-06-2008, 10:02 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)

The best thing I did with my q9 was trade it in after a half hour of ownership. iPhone was worth every penny and more. I hated literally everything about the q9.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX9RBART View Post
The best thing I did with my q9 was trade it in after a half hour of ownership. iPhone was worth every penny and more. I hated literally everything about the q9.
Thank you.

If you want a phone, get an LG.

If you want a Smartphone or something more robust and something with tons of gizmos and features, get a blackberry or an iPhone...
Old 06-06-2008, 10:39 PM
XMS Administrator

The biggest thing to look for in my opinion is what you want the phone to do. If you just want to be cool buy whatever is the hottest thing out. I personally wanted internet and found that the q9 as well as the palm (owned that for about a day) were nearly impossible to browse with.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Xmod Expert

I never like to own the hottest phone out cause everone has it, like the razr and the iPhone. The only reason i own the iPhone is because its not out in canada still and not everybody owns it.

I went with blackberry because its got the smartphone features as well as its a classy, sexy looking device. I have now owned three seperate BB's And i can tell you right away not even the iPhone can match the stability of the OS's or the capability and thought behind them...

Last edited by meme405; 06-07-2008 at 09:26 PM..
Old 06-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
The Q sucks, the Q9H sucks too, the entire motorola family kinda blows. I hated the razr since they came out (POS IMO + everybody had them) And now they try to move into smartphones...Get a life Moto...

The only decent motorola is the Slvr i have had one for about 5 years, and it has been through hell. I now use it as a beater phone for snowboarding (yeah i waterproofed it), mountain biking. or when i beach it. Its even been through those fun drunk dips in the pool with me...

Right now Im using a Blackberry pearl, but normally when i unlock it again i use an iPhone...But im getting the new 9000 blackberry, which can be seen all over the internet...
Haha, I have a SLVR too. Those phones are tuff shizzzz. I just literlly flung mine across the room and nothing happened.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:54 AM
Elite member

Well, I had a Razr and it was junk, so I went to a Samsung U420 slider, then to the LG AX8600 and it was as bad as the Razr, so I tried this thing out.

My biggest complaint is the stock battety sucks. I unplugged it off the charger at 730 in the morning, and the phone was completely dead at about 430. I made 4 calls, and about 10 texts. Calls were no longer than 5 minutes.

Either the battery it has is just bad, or the stock one seriously sucks.

And the iPhone? Hell no, it's a trend phone. And it has no keypad, just touch screen.. would be a huge hassle to type with I bet. Besides, AT&T isn't available around my area. I thought about the Blackberry, but the Q seemed just fine for me.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:07 AM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Well, I had a Razr and it was junk, so I went to a Samsung U420 slider, then to the LG AX8600 and it was as bad as the Razr, so I tried this thing out.

My biggest complaint is the stock battety sucks. I unplugged it off the charger at 730 in the morning, and the phone was completely dead at about 430. I made 4 calls, and about 10 texts. Calls were no longer than 5 minutes.

Either the battery it has is just bad, or the stock one seriously sucks.

And the iPhone? Hell no, it's a trend phone. And it has no keypad, just touch screen.. would be a huge hassle to type with I bet. Besides, AT&T isn't available around my area. I thought about the Blackberry, but the Q seemed just fine for me.
I labeled the iPhone as a trend phone until i used it. My daughter has the pantech duo or whatever and typing on the I is soooooo much easier. You cant really appreciate it until you try it.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:16 PM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Trader Rating: (1)

I've texted on a few of my friends phones (I don't have one yet.), including the iPhone, Razr, EnV, and a few others I can't remember the names of. I really like the Samsung Alias, it has a nice keyboard. The EnV is also really nice for texting, but I say go with the iPhone, although the internet can get pretty slow if the wi-fi signal around is weak.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Dont judge it about not having a keyboard until your tried the touch screen out, For the first couple of days it might be inacurate. But after that it works perfectly...

I still like to have a keyboard but you cant say in anyway that having a touch screen keypad is bad...

Theres a Blackberry thunder coming out thats supposed to have a full touch screen as well as the track ball and a slide out keyboard...
Old 06-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to lilskipro587 Send a message via Yahoo to lilskipro587

Now I will get bashed for saying this but being a student at the richest college prep school in the area I've seen many different phones. iPhones ofcourse, Blackberrie, Palms, and even a bunch of the Samsung ones. Though I am anti-apple I think the iPhone is a good idea but poorly implemented. It is true that it is a trend phone. But that doesn't mean it has good features. Apple releases too early with products that everyone ends up buying then once everyone gets one, the new one comes out that is just oh so much better right? I hate the keyboards on the ****ed things. They are innacurate and they double letters and stuff and it just gets annoying to me. The camera is only 2mp. Phones in Japan average a 5.1mp camera. iPhones are all hype due to the popularity of the company. My 2 cents.
"free the heel and ski for real"

Fujica STX SLR still for sale.
Looking to build computers by order.

-Contact me on both.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

I personally think the Iphone is alright, Its deff not worth $400 my .05 cents....**** economy...
Old 06-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Banned

a psp battey might fite, pm me, how many volts is your battry?
Old 06-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcat303 View Post
Was that a joke, almost all the phone batteries I've seen are Polies, at 3.7V, some say Ion at 3.6V.
I haven't seen anything more or less on a cell phone.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcat303 View Post
Thanks, but no thanks. Doubt that would work..
Old 06-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Elite member

Send a message via ICQ to superinfinity Send a message via AIM to superinfinity Send a message via MSN to superinfinity Send a message via Yahoo to superinfinity

You guys ever try the AT&T Tilt? I just got one last week i have to say, it's the best phone i've ever used. The keyboard is good and online stuff is really fast when you dont load up your memory card full of music ( lol) The really great thing about this is that you can buy new memory cards for it, i mean like HUGE memory cards. I just bought a 2 GiG card for $25. The Windows Media player function is also great, in which you can play music, videos, TV, and basically any media file. Overall, i would say about a 9.5 out of 10, because the battery life is only about 2.5 hours. I prefer it over my brother's iPhone
CTC-Founder
Dontspamme, Porsche isnt French you Tard!

http://s1.zetaboards.com/STLRacing_Forums/index/

Visit my Online Store!!! I do EVERYTHING!

Batteries:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=545233

Board Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546175

Body Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546687
Old 06-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Elite member

A battery life of 2 1/2 hours? Oh HELL no. I thought mine was bad. I figured out how to make my battery last a little longer, the screen light would shut off but the picture was always running, so I made that shut off after 30 seconds and so far it seems slightly better, been going all day and still full. Usually down a bar by now.

And, I'm needing to get a card for mine, but don't have the spare money just yet. Stupid bills coming up. Although, I did put a 10 minute long video on the phone and it held it fine, and played nicely. I deleted it though so it didn't take up all my memory.

I'm starting to like the phone more.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Elite member

Send a message via ICQ to superinfinity Send a message via AIM to superinfinity Send a message via MSN to superinfinity Send a message via Yahoo to superinfinity

Quote:
A battery life of 2 1/2 hours? Oh HELL no. I thought mine was bad. I figured out how to make my battery last a little longer, the screen light would shut off but the picture was always running, so I made that shut off after 30 seconds and so far it seems slightly better, been going all day and still full. Usually down a bar by now.

And, I'm needing to get a card for mine, but don't have the spare money just yet. Stupid bills coming up. Although, I did put a 10 minute long video on the phone and it held it fine, and played nicely. I deleted it though so it didn't take up all my memory.

I'm starting to like the phone more.
Yeah, the battery life is only 2 1/2 hours, but you can buy a bigger battery pack, which is about $25. It raises the battery to maybe 4 hours or so
CTC-Founder
Dontspamme, Porsche isnt French you Tard!

http://s1.zetaboards.com/STLRacing_Forums/index/

Visit my Online Store!!! I do EVERYTHING!

Batteries:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=545233

Board Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546175

Body Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546687
Old 06-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Xmod Expert

Ok i said it above and no one listened:

Voila the up and coming blackberry thunder. Touchscreen, trackball assembly, And a slide out keyboard. Code name: iPhone killer.

this phone is set for release sometime in late 08 or early 09, It is part of the new 9000 series BB's the first of which should be coming out any day now on the rogers network. This all coming from my Mom's RIM representative on the rogers network.

Because RIM and Blackberry are canadian compnay they put their phones out on GSM in canada first, that means rogers or Fido, however Fido has no BB's so out they roll onto rogers...

AND I dont care what anyone who hasnt owned an iPhone says the keyboard is fine. after practice you can type perfectly on it...