Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Beginner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-24-2006, 06:41 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to NeoFRANK
Lightbulb i got a crazy idea

wut if i take the existing batt holders out and replace them with 2 9V batt holders... wwould that increase power in my car? is it even possable or worth doing .. or even will it mess up my car
Old 09-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to jesseeast1 Send a message via Yahoo to jesseeast1

Possibly... Someone should try... But how would they stay in place.
Honda Civic- Black- Rally
Acura RSX- Silver- Circuit
Toyota Supra- White- Street Racer so far!
Hummer- Crawler

C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N-R-A-C-E-R
Old 09-24-2006, 06:54 PM

just screw them in the existing holes
Old 09-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to bengali548

lol EVERYONE thuoght of this idea go to tinyrc.com and search for 9v its a post made by me trust me it sucks. a) its 9 volts your board can only handle 8.4. b) a 9 volt is a series of batteries and the 9 volt is only as strong (talking about volatge wise) as its weakest cell. now you might think than that means all 9volts are different? no 9 volt batteries are good for mah whihc is how long you can use it for and voltage just means electricity. c) it has a crappy discharge rate. k remember that old movie charlie and the chocolate factory (the OLD one) there was this fat kid who got shot up into a tube than pressure builed up and shot him like a bullet. thats discharge rate. just imagine that fat kid is power now the discharge rate is the pressure and 9volts discharge rate is crappy (again due to its weakest cell) thus meaning that youll bearly get a boost d) why cant i use an fet upgrade? because fets are only meant for motor because some motors draw a high amount of current that would blow the fet because the fet cant handle all the volts running through it like a fatboy motor you need an fet consider the fet upgrade like you just got a friend that does some of your homework cuz your busy. e) so i cant use 9 volt. no some have but you have to set it up in a certain way so save yourself the stress. f) how can i get my xmod faster. lithiums biatch or theres packs that shoot out 8.4 volts and thats THE MAX of an xmod board (some exceptions are out there though)

i think i answered everything that you might have posted but do some research cuz we all want the Need For Speed!!!!!!!!!

OH and g) yes eventhough your fets can handle 9 volts your board cant certain diodes and other good stuff such as that can only handle 8.4 so going 9 is still gunna blow something
Old 09-24-2006, 07:03 PM

Thumbs up ...wow...

dude u answered everything . and u put it in such good terms .. i like how u reffered to the fat kid that was awesome .. and again thanx man great explanition
Old 09-24-2006, 07:09 PM
F-150 k!ller

you could do it with a v2. That thing can handle 30 volts but have fun trying to find a motor that wont blow lol.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to bengali548

no lol pointless cuz the battery is only as powerful as its weakest cell if you get a v2 you already spent 70+ bucks on it just throw in some extra money and get 5 lithiums
Old 09-24-2006, 07:31 PM
F-150 k!ller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengali548
no lol pointless cuz the battery is only as powerful as its weakest cell if you get a v2 you already spent 70+ bucks on it just throw in some extra money and get 5 lithiums

I totally agree with you.