Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2010, 08:15 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid
Default Project Bumblebee Makeover

Well I've gotten bored lately with all of this snow and don't have money to build another Losi Micro Scaler(still doing the updates as I try to improve the design each time) so here's my newest project. Decided to revive this body from the dead, a few years ago when I got it brand new, after a few months I thought it would be cool to put a temporary tattoo on it (I was probably 12 I think) and it basically became a beater from then on. So the other day I got some ideas in my head, wanted to do a full convertible but as I removed the roof, I liked the look of what some of the 'Vette's have. So original plan was just a removed roof and windows but a trip to the LHS, walked out with Styrene and modeling putty and well..you'll see. I also made a little spoiler out of styrene, did a quick mock up(not in pics) and its a bit too tall, will have to cut it down. For now, enjoy my current progress
Started like this

To this, before sanding with the sanding wheel

After some minor sanding

And onto today, I think you'll see what the idea is

Because T-Tops are much more original than a convertible! Sure, I could have just cut it into a T-Top but originally I thought I was doing a convertible. I may have to cut down the sides of the T-Tops but did you expect this? I sure didn't I covered the rear with some styrene so its not visible, and looks better. Later or Tomorrow, the board will be covered also, with styrene, It is V-Groove styrene(closest thing they had to flat) and .040 but its nice because its very easy to break it apart after scoring, but is very durable. The chassis is of my G35 but the wheels will be painted either glossy white or metallic black. The paint job is going to be a metallic black and glossy white two tone. Sanding will be done tomorrow, this will mainly be a shelf queen as most of my XMODs sit in boxes, they're out done by the hobby grades but hopefully this one turns out good, for a side project