Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)
Default My new bike

hey guys, just picked up my new bike yesterday. Its a 2006 Honda CRF250R. It took me a while to find this bike in this condition, Most of these bikes have been raced and beat to sh**. This baby was owned by a 47 year old guy who bought it new and 06 and thought he could get back into the sport, he soon found out the opposite and sat most of last years riding season. Took it out today and opened her up a bit after sitting and im 140lbs and this bike can lift the front tire with me sitting in 5th gear. The bike is bone stock aside from billet endcaps and spark arrestors which are required by U.S.F.S for riding on the trails which is all this bike was ridden on. The bike is also all original, tires, chain, sprocket, everything and there all in great shape with tired being 85%. Anyways heres some pics, any questions comments, tips whatever your thinking, post it!

Old 07-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

GNE!!!!!!! (Get New Exaust) sorry my bad ontario law's haha sucker, i love bc no laws at all what rear tire are you running 110? 120? you should be able to fit a 130 under it lol then your really hook up in anything
Old 07-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Elite member

lol i love the dual exhaust and i wouldnt want to get aftermarket pipes, I hate it when people switch the dual exhaust to an aftermarket single, kinda *** IMO. I think its a 120 rear tire and it hooks up wicked on almost everything, Its still got alot of meat on it.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

well you could go to fmf slip ons.... still stay with the dual set up just expensive route to take keeping it dual and going am exaust
Old 07-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Elite member

Got some action shots yesterday. I still have to pull out my riding boots thats why im just wearing skate shoes...not the smartest but oh wel still getting the hang of the 4 stroke race bikes. Im sure theres some other guys on this forum who ride besides me and stang racer

Shortly after these pics were taken we had a big talk to from the cops cause some losers complained about the noise we were making, Then we were told they just spent alot of time and money and were trying to grow grass on the hills we were jumping and ripping around on.....
Old 07-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

nice bike, did you say what grass when they mentioned they were trying to grow some? haha lol jk. but i ride at the moment no bike to ride though had to sell one and the other one was stolen never found it. but thats a really nice bike.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Elite member

Hahah i actually did ask them "whats grass" at first when i was just messing with them and then they walked me over and pointed it out, those cops were real pricks.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:53 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

You will love the four-stroke once you get used to it. I loved ridding our two-strokes when that was all we had, but when we bought our 250 and 350 four-strokes, all that love was lost. Awesome new bike. Looks like a lot of fun. Is she pretty light or does she have a lot of meat on her bones?

I'm not sure where you are located, but ORV trails are a lot safer and smarter than someone's front yard.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 07-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Elite member

Yea, I love the four strokes, we used to have 2 stroke bikes, snowmobiles, jetski's and now we switched em all to 4 strokes. The bike is actually really light for being a four stroke 250. To compare, the 2006 CR250r (2 stroke race bike) weighs 213lbs dry and this bike weighs 204lbs dry. Filled with coolant, trans oil, engine oil, and full tank of gas it weighs 227lbs which is pretty light. I do normally ride on trails and a couple of my buddies have tracks on their farms, I was just too excited to take her out for a rip, so the contruction site of new model homes did the job for a little test. This thing just pops up the front tire with ease.