Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

thanks, if I do get one it won't be for a while, but I'll let y'all know how it is if I get one. G'night.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
There is exactly nothing wrong with the MegaTech ProPulse. Although they're not as high of a quality as AE, there is still nothing wrong with them, you can do just about the same with them as an AE. Also, I've heard many and seen many things done to a ProPulse and they're still going strong. Anyone who has a mindset that the ProPulse is just a cheap piece of plastic, obviously hasn't owned one, or asked someone who owns one what they think of it.
Quote:

May I ask what exactly you are doing with your ProPulse to have caused that much destruction? It shouldn't break to easily if you are driving moderatly..
the pro pulse is a weak rc. there is no comparison to the b-100 and 18B.i got an 18T when my friend come over with his b-100. we drive the same terrain and jump the same jumps. hes practically had to replace every **** part on his car.

the pro pulse was listed as a tough off road rc.....so how do you drive moderately ?

it is not hobby grade and to recommend it over an 18T is ridiculous. it would be in anybodies best interest to just spend the extra money on hobby grade and save themselves money ( in broken parts)and heart break of buying a pro pulse.

if i had to choose between 1/18th and 1/10th id go with 1/18th.
i run an 18T with rpm arms , shock towers , mamba 6800 w/stock gears. its a beast.

Last edited by Iche-1; 08-25-2007 at 10:57 AM..
Old 08-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via ICQ to superinfinity Send a message via AIM to superinfinity Send a message via MSN to superinfinity Send a message via Yahoo to superinfinity

If your going to get an 18T, the RPM front bumper is a must! You will break your shocks without it. I, personally, have a 18T and a 18R. My 18T will have mostly stock parts except for a mini-t mini baja motor. My 18R is the beast. It will have a mamba 8000 system! That little scubbie is gonna be nice. Though is has been called a "Pregnant Roller Skate". Just wait for a thread coming sometime soon
CTC-Founder
Dontspamme, Porsche isnt French you Tard!

http://s1.zetaboards.com/STLRacing_Forums/index/

Visit my Online Store!!! I do EVERYTHING!

Batteries:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=545233

Board Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546175

Body Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546687
Old 08-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Its not hobbe grade? Ha, what kind of stuff do you smoke? Id love to sell some to a few interested parties.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Elite member

18T is Team Associated's truck?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyWRX View Post
18T is Team Associated's truck?
yip, and 18B is the buggy!
Old 08-27-2007, 01:42 AM
Xmod Expert

And 18MT is the monster truck! (not really that monstrous, but it resembles a mini-MGT in a way... (MGT = AE's Monster GT, 1:8 nitro guzzling 4.6cc power-hauler!)
Old 08-27-2007, 10:30 AM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iche-1 View Post
the pro pulse is a weak rc. there is no comparison to the b-100 and 18B.i got an 18T when my friend come over with his b-100. we drive the same terrain and jump the same jumps. hes practically had to replace every **** part on his car.

the pro pulse was listed as a tough off road rc.....so how do you drive moderately ?

it is not hobby grade and to recommend it over an 18T is ridiculous. it would be in anybodies best interest to just spend the extra money on hobby grade and save themselves money ( in broken parts)and heart break of buying a pro pulse.

i run an 18T with rpm arms , shock towers , mamba 6800 w/stock gears. its a beast.

One, when did I ever recomend it? I was simple backing up what I thought about the ProPulse. Seems to me you're doing the exact same thing with the AE RC18 line.

Driving moderatly is not mashing the throttle and knowing how to take jumps. You can't land on your front two wheels and not expect to break something. You always want to land on your back two, or all four for a "perfect jump." Driving unmoderatly will deffinetly break some parts along the way. Don't mash the throttle, you'll tear the diffs. Don't go 15mph into a lamp post and expect nothing to be broken. I'm pretty sure you can comprehend what moderatly means if you're loving your RC18.

And just because there is no comparison between the RC18b, and the B-100, doesn't mean you can go and compare the Megatech B-100 to the RC18T. There's a deffinet difference, there.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Elite member

Quote:

How much do you think a set-up like that would cost? And based solely on looks, I prefer buggies, but do trucks have a lot more clearance for off road, or is it not that much of a difference?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to lilskipro587 Send a message via Yahoo to lilskipro587

Quote:
Driving moderatly is not mashing the throttle and knowing how to take jumps. You can't land on your front two wheels and not expect to break something.
Busted my RC18MT's servo saver launching into the road from my driveway by landing on my front tires.
"free the heel and ski for real"

Fujica STX SLR still for sale.
Looking to build computers by order.

-Contact me on both.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Elite member

Quote:
One, when did I ever recomend it? I was simple backing up what I thought about the ProPulse. Seems to me you're doing the exact same thing with the AE RC18 line.

Driving moderatly is not mashing the throttle and knowing how to take jumps. You can't land on your front two wheels and not expect to break something. You always want to land on your back two, or all four for a "perfect jump." Driving unmoderatly will deffinetly break some parts along the way. Don't mash the throttle, you'll tear the diffs. Don't go 15mph into a lamp post and expect nothing to be broken. I'm pretty sure you can comprehend what moderatly means if you're loving your RC18.

And just because there is no comparison between the RC18b, and the B-100, doesn't mean you can go and compare the Megatech B-100 to the RC18T. There's a deffinet difference, there.

you said you can do the same things with a propulse you can do with an ae 1/18th . that simply isnt true. ive tried to break my 18t. i even drove it off the roof of my house with no ill effects. my friend jumped once off of my ramp ( 1 that i use almost daily) and seemed like he broke a million pieces.

my car was ran over flat and the only damage was bent shock towers and the shock caps popping off. my friend rides his car off the back of his pick up truck and breaks both front dog bones and tie rods.ive read alot of things where people have had success with the propulse. i just havent seen it for myself. seems like a waste of money when for a few extra bucks you can get something that might as well be indestructible compared to the propulse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Its not hobbe grade? Ha, what kind of stuff do you smoke? Id love to sell some to a few interested parties.
im smoking the crack from your mothers ***.....

the propulse is a toy.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:33 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
you said you can do the same things with a propulse you can do with an ae 1/18th . that simply isnt true. ive tried to break my 18t. i even drove it off the roof of my house with no ill effects. my friend jumped once off of my ramp ( 1 that i use almost daily) and seemed like he broke a million pieces.

my car was ran over flat and the only damage was bent shock towers and the shock caps popping off. my friend rides his car off the back of his pick up truck and breaks both front dog bones and tie rods.ive read alot of things where people have had success with the propulse. i just havent seen it for myself. seems like a waste of money when for a few extra bucks you can get something that might as well be indestructible compared to the propulse.

the propulse is a toy.
You jumped off of the roof of your house, I'm assuming that was into grass. So of course there were no ill effects. If you jumped it onto concreate, I garentee that would be a different story. When your friend jumped off your ramp, I'm almost certain he jumped off of concrete, and landed on concrete; did he not? So of course he was at a greater chance to break/bust parts. Harder surface. You're comparing apples, to oranges. There are going to be differences/weak points everywhere you look.

People get there feet ran over by cars everyday with out any damage, such as a broken foot. So I can see why the only thing you broke/bent was a shock tower. Even then, you didn't put the RC directly behind the tire anyhow. If the whole thing was under the tire for a lenght of time of course something was going to get broken/crushed. It happens. (There are four+tires on a car, there isn't all the weight riding on one tire, so there really wasn't that much force exerted on your RC, hence not a lot of broken parts..And besides, plastic bends under pressure, it doesn't break/crack. Typically.)

Also, I've heard more success stories than I have heard tragic. Depends on the driver, their honed skills, and what they do with it. If you're a first timer to a hobby(ish) grade RC, you're going to break a few things along the way, stuff happens, deal.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:32 AM
Elite member

Aight everybody, I'm going to save up and get a Losi 1/10 Electric Stadium Truck. I got a Micro T today and it's awsome, next will be the RTR truck. I know it's better to get a kit and build it up, but I'm going for less expensive. Thanks for y'alls coments.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Elite member

Quote:
You jumped off of the roof of your house, I'm assuming that was into grass. So of course there were no ill effects. If you jumped it onto concreate, I garentee that would be a different story. When your friend jumped off your ramp, I'm almost certain he jumped off of concrete, and landed on concrete; did he not? So of course he was at a greater chance to break/bust parts. Harder surface. You're comparing apples, to oranges. There are going to be differences/weak points everywhere you look.

People get there feet ran over by cars everyday with out any damage, such as a broken foot. So I can see why the only thing you broke/bent was a shock tower. Even then, you didn't put the RC directly behind the tire anyhow. If the whole thing was under the tire for a lenght of time of course something was going to get broken/crushed. It happens. (There are four+tires on a car, there isn't all the weight riding on one tire, so there really wasn't that much force exerted on your RC, hence not a lot of broken parts..And besides, plastic bends under pressure, it doesn't break/crack. Typically.)

Also, I've heard more success stories than I have heard tragic. Depends on the driver, their honed skills, and what they do with it. If you're a first timer to a hobby(ish) grade RC, you're going to break a few things along the way, stuff happens, deal.
1 - i jumped to my driveway from my roof. and there was a small ramp set up on the gutter to get the front end to come up and no i didnt break anything. i never said he jumped off the roof...i said he jumped a ramp and broke his car...1 that i jump daily. it isnt even 2 feet high and yes its in the street. so i wasnt comparing apples to oranges.....well i guess in a sense i am, the ae 1/18th series to the pro pulse. i guess that is considered apples to oranges becaue the propulse suck.

2 - my car was ran over flat. i forgot to mention the connect going into the reciever are bent as well. and no plastic doesnt always bend without breaking....my friend who had his car ran over snapped his top chassis at the front and rear shock towers.

3 - you say you know people that have had luck with the pro pulse...i say i dont, especially when they drive it off road or put it through any type of punishment.

Last edited by Iche-1; 08-28-2007 at 05:19 PM..
Old 08-28-2007, 06:41 PM
XMS Administrator

I never said you said he jumped off the roof. Yes, you're comparing apples to oranges because you jumping off a roof isn't the same as him jumping off of your ramp. Two totally different things to put two totally different cars under two totally different cercumstances. You simply can't judge the ProPulses durability because your AE made a lucky jump off of your roof.

I'm going to ask you something about your AE. What kind of upgrades have you done to it? Are there any sort of aftermarket upgrades? (Diffs, wheels, shock towers...what?) If there are, are there any sort of upgrades on your friends ProPulse. Again, if you're comparing these two while one or the other doesn't have upgrades, it's apples to oranges..

Also I'm going to restate what I've been trying to state from the begining. I never said one was better than the other. I'm simply trying to back up a product that was made for the public, just like the AE. This does not mean the AE, or the ProPulse is any better than the other in my opnion. I have heard pros and cons for both, and they seem to balance out pretty well in my opinion. Simply backing up what I have heard, and what you're trying to contridict.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Ive driven my Radioshack Enforcer off a roof too, no problems. Next comparison.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Elite member

Quote:
This does not mean the AE, or the ProPulse is any better than the other in my opnion. I have heard pros and cons for both, and they seem to balance out pretty well in my opinion. Simply backing up what I have heard, and what you're trying to contridict.
i already said what upgrades i have.

i have driven my rc with pro pulses and other ae 1/18th series. the durability issue with the pro pulse isnt something ive heard....its something ive seen over and over again. most of the radio shacks in my area even have signs by the propulse section stating that it is not covered by any RS warranty and will have to be shipped to the manufacturer for repair at the owners expense . they even know its a **** product.

so again....i didnt come to my decision of the propulse based on what ive heard or read, but because of my personal experience with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Ive driven my Radioshack Enforcer off a roof too, no problems. Next comparison.

were you high when you did that too?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Iche, I can question the amount of drugs you smoke almost every time you post.

RS thinks its ****? HAHA, nope. Retard, its made by megatech, and its under their warrenty. RS doesnt handle R/Cs like this, its not the normal cheap 6 directional toys they sell.

The only kids I see *****ing about these has been AE lovers.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:08 PM
XMS Administrator

I have yet once seen that sign near my Radioshacks ProPulse section. I was even there today at two seperate locations and neither of them had that sign anywhere in the windows, or on display.

I personally have driven a ProPulse, this is one on the display. There was exactly nothing wrong with the way it performs, handles, or goes about with its business. I have no problems with it what so ever. What I find funny is that I have driven around at least two, if not three, propulses and one AE RC18B at my Hobby Shop. Guess which one was broken? The RC18 at my HobbyShop. The shock tower was cracked, and the shock cap was no where to be found. This is also a reputable Hobby Shop, one of the best in Michigan.

RS is sometimes been sought after as a "childs" store where the Hobby Shops are typically more believed as the "mens" store. Suprises me that the RC18 at the "mens" store was broken, while the ProPulse was in near mint condition. I also know the managers fairly well, and I know how cheap they can get. I know they do not open any other boxes than the ones they are given for display purposes.

So just as you, I have come to the conclusion upon experiance, not forums where lying children rant about how their stuff is better than the rest.

If quality is the case, it's obviously the quality of the driver, not the quality of the product. Seems to me that where you live...RC owners/drivers just could give two ****s less about what they own/drive.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:00 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

post a link to the site with what it is.