Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 08-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Havo Heli anyone?

Any one here into RC planes and heli's? any class..nitro, electric, hobby grade, kiddy grade. I personally just bought a havoc heli for 10$ and have been having fun for hours with it, and ive done some mods too. ill post pics later. i used to have a reflex but that went down to hell so i got a havoc...its sweet.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

I have a Firebird XL plane for beginners upstairs, but the ESC is screwed... I thought about building a Micro RC Plane at some point though..
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 08-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Observer (for now) :)

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via Yahoo to XMODification

I have 2 electric helis but i never really had time to learn how to fly them really good. I have flown them before but it does take alot of practise to be able to manuvore the right. I use the yellow one to practise the most on because it was cheaper and it can take alot of beating, as for the other one i've broken a few main rotor blades, the tail blades, the landing gear and I busted the rear motor. Luckily I have most of those parts as spares already so when i do go home i'll have to fix it up and take it out for a few test trials again.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Xmod Expert

Wow! Very nice helis XMODification!

May I ask, what heli is the on on the top of your first pic? (The one with the blue decals)
Old 08-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Observer (for now) :)

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via Yahoo to XMODification

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
Wow! Very nice helis XMODification!

May I ask, what heli is the on on the top of your first pic? (The one with the blue decals)

Thanks dude! It's a Sabre EF electric chopper. I got it when it was on sale for around $100 but it's quite expensive to maintain with all the fragile parts. I was smart enought to buy a bunch of spare parts just incase and i recently purcahase the training the gear for it after I had broke the landing gear the first time. It flies pretty nice but the only thing that i can't do well is land it softly on the ground
Old 08-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Xmod Expert

ok well my havoc has been through hell and back and i havnt broken anything. i would recomend it to anyone, and if yout wondering how bad hell is it sat in my pond fully submerged for about 10 seconds till i could rescue it. and it still flies good as new...
Old 08-14-2007, 08:37 PM
XMS moderator

Send a message via MSN to tayyab

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
ok well my havoc has been through hell and back and i havnt broken anything. i would recomend it to anyone, and if yout wondering how bad hell is it sat in my pond fully submerged for about 10 seconds till i could rescue it. and it still flies good as new...
hmm....waterproof planes huh? lol, i am going to buy an electric 1 as soon as my FW-05T chassis comesback from repair, i win a few races which = $$$ kids crazy enough these days and keep askin for more
BTW i need 1 that actuall FLIES and can go through HELL like yours
any recamandations(SP?) i have 2 but none of them fly plus i dont know where they are so i cant repair them
Old 08-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Xmod Expert

its suposed to be waterproof....this ones great go see it, walmart has it for 29.99 but i got it for 19.99 on sale...

IT flies up to like 40 feet in the air is my estimate with mine... i can get like 60 feet of range on good batteries.

also in terms of battery life, the heli has rechargeable lipo in it which charges in 20min from the trasmitter, and the transmitter takes 6 AA which last about 40 charges of the plane...
Old 08-14-2007, 11:12 PM
[Not-your-day] - Badass

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to noturday

isnt the havoc heli the tiny little one you can get at wal-mart? my brother has one of those, its pretty cool, but i'd rather have a rc plane, just seems like more fun to me

Team XI
Old 08-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I <3 you!

Send a message via AIM to DrIfToRDIe Send a message via Yahoo to DrIfToRDIe

Aren't they made of steirfoam.And isn't it a sky hogs,if so i saw online for 40 dollars.It looks pretty cool.If it that cheap im gonna probally buy one
Old 08-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by noturday View Post
isnt the havoc heli the tiny little one you can get at wal-mart? my brother has one of those, its pretty cool, but i'd rather have a rc plane, just seems like more fun to me
yeah it is and with a couple of mods it becomes amazing what you can do, and the best part you can do it wiwth pin-point precision.

And driftordie, 40$ is a rip off...if your talking about the havoc heli, it sells for 29.99 at walmart, and they've made it 19.99 twice since february.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Elite member

i just got the blade cx2. its a blast. ive had it for about a week and after going through tons of blades i can now fly it around the house from room to room walking right behind it. the wind had been up lately so i havent been able to fly it outside much. ill probably getting the blade cp pro sometime next month after i polish up my outdoor flying skills.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Xmod Expert

nice. im thinking about getting a better heli now. definetly not a nitro but something around 100$...but im strapped right now...
Old 08-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Elite member

Quote:
nice. im thinking about getting a better heli now. definetly not a nitro but something around 100$...but im strapped right now...
the blade cx2 has the counter rotor blades tha make it much easier to learn with. i was just going to start out with the blade cp pro but im glad i saved myself some money and headache by learning on an easier heli.

the replacement blade are only $3.99 for a pack of 4 plus repairs to it are just as easy as taking apart /putting back together an xmod.

http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_helicopt...blade_cx_2.htm
Old 08-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Xmod Expert

looks awesome but 190...im trying to finish some cars here for some people...
Old 08-21-2007, 08:09 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
looks awesome but 190...im trying to finish some cars here for some people...
They're worth the $190. Both the Blade CX2 and the Blade CP. But, if I was to suggest a Heli, go with one that has a larger diamater rotor which in turn pushes more air, which in turn makes them easier to fly.

To elaborate a little more: The HeliMax Axe CP has a larger rotor coverage, as opposed to the Blade CP. So this would be a much easier Heli to fly/manuver. Also, HeliMax makes the Axe EZ, which is their version of the Blade CX2 (The ones with the counter rotating rotors.)

(I've heavily looked into this, and have planned to get an Axe CP or Blade CP for a quite a while now.)

Last edited by Donziikid; 08-21-2007 at 08:19 PM..
Old 08-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
They're worth the $190. Both the Blade CX2 and the Blade CP. But, if I was to suggest a Heli, go with one that has a larger diamater rotor which in turn pushes more air, which in turn makes them easier to fly.

To elaborate a little more: The HeliMax Axe CP has a larger rotor coverage, as opposed to the Blade CP. So this would be a much easier Heli to fly/manuver. Also, HeliMax makes the Axe EZ, which is their version of the Blade CX2 (The ones with the counter rotating rotors.)

(I've heavily looked into this, and have planned to get an Axe CP or Blade CP for a quite a while now.)
the helimax axe cp and the blade cp have the same rotor size. 20.75" the cp pro which is much more maneuverable than the cp only has a 20.3".

besides....if you have no experience with helis you will find the helis with the counter rotating blades much easier to fly. youd be hard pressed to take the blade or axe cp out of the box and get it to do what you want it to.

the biggest reason why i went with the blade cx2 is because i tried them all on the RC Flight Simulator. it seemd like the easiest to learn and fly with. the Cp pro was a ***** to control.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:48 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iche-1 View Post
the helimax axe cp and the blade cp have the same rotor size. 20.75" the cp pro which is much more maneuverable than the cp only has a 20.3".

besides....if you have no experience with helis you will find the helis with the counter rotating blades much easier to fly. youd be hard pressed to take the blade or axe cp out of the box and get it to do what you want it to.

the biggest reason why i went with the blade cx2 is because i tried them all on the RC Flight Simulator. it seemd like the easiest to learn and fly with. the Cp pro was a ***** to control.
I've never been able to see both next to each other, but my Hobby Shop has told me misleading information apperantly. I was told that the Axe CP has a larger prop area than the Blade CP. (Not talking about CP Pro. They did tell me that was smaller than them all.)

And the only reason CP Pro is more manuverable is because of Bell-Hiller mixing and the symetical blades.

And I have experiance with Helis. I've clocked in anywhere around 10hrs+ on Real Flight Deluxe G3.5 with the Axe CP and have been able to do just about everything. (Tick tocks, inverted...etc.). Took a heck of a lot of practice, though.