Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-22-2009, 04:12 PM
newbie mustang xmodder

Trader Rating: (0)
Default xmods range problems

alright, this is why i gave up xmods before, but i cant belive i wasted my money on another one when the same problem comes my way.

for the first few days, my range was fine, no problems or glitching..

then the next day, a small amount of glitching, and so on..

now i cant even drive 5 feet away from my controller.

*i have used search, it told me nothing.*

*i have replaced both batteries in the xmod and the controller many times*

*i have not modified any electronic part in my xmod since i bought it*

*i bought my xmod new*

please help, im so frustrated that i wasted my money on this crap if its not going to work.

i work for my money, and it could be going into my real life mustang, but i took a chance, and xmods failed me.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Well, if its new, complain and return it. Are the antennas put in correctly?
Old 12-22-2009, 04:37 PM
The Man

Trader Rating: (8)

i would almost guarantee its the remote. i have like 15 controllers and a few of them only give me a few feet range. if you return it and get another one, its not a high chance that it will still happen. if you dont wanna take it back send me a pm and ill send you another control.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:38 PM
newbie mustang xmodder

yeah, the atennas are put in fine. i just took off the elecdtronics cover and the motor mount and everything possible and reassembled it tightly and perfectly, nothing changed.

my range is completely fried from about 5 feet on

i cant return anything, as i didnt keep the reciept..

Last edited by silver 4.6; 12-22-2009 at 04:41 PM..
Old 12-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

if its only 5 ft you fried the range, this happens in most cases when the antenna hits the motor while it is moving... you cant blame the car on that.. the only way to fix it is to buy a new board from rsu or atomic...

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 12-22-2009, 04:49 PM
newbie mustang xmodder

this is kinda bull, seriously?

i work hard for my money and i wanted something i could work on and mess with, but all i get is a big heap of glitching junk?

i dont understand what you mean by "the antenna hitting the motor when its driving"

the antenna doesnt get close to the motor?
Old 12-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned

When the antenna somehow touches the motor when current is going through it, the range will fry.

Im not sure this is the case since your defending yourself so vailantly
Old 12-22-2009, 05:11 PM
newbie mustang xmodder

the antenna is actually secured to the plastic gear guard thing, a little mini mod i did myself.

you know what.

im just going to be on my way, ive got other things i could be spending my money on.

dont worry about giving me a bad reputation or flaming this thread like mad, i wont be back on.

thanks to all the people that actually helped me, you know who you are

yes, im annoying and i start to many threads, but *some* of you guys are tightwads. this website doesnt have enough supporters to be worried about eveyone using the search function and posting properly.

maybe i did make a thread about everything, but why worry about a topic getting a little cluttered if someones xmod runs better because of it?

i could understand it if this website had more than 500 active users, but seriously?

im a little dissapointed in xmods, i gave them a second chance and they didnt pull through.

most of you probably think im some 13 year old going on a rant, but i dont have anything to prove, so i'll let you think what you want.

im going to have one kick *** REAL mustang once i stop spending money on other junk.

i sure did look forward to learning how to stack fets, or simply how to solder. but if an xmod cant run for 3 days without crapping out, whats the use?

i realise probably 3 people will read this, and about 1 person will actually take it to heart, but i just wanted to vent a little frustration with these things.

c1v1c, theaznkevin, theb1gdude, and bart, you guys are the most memorable people who arent uptight, and i appriciate it.

once again, this isnt directed towards all of you, thanks to the people that tried to help, im out

Last edited by DRFTKO; 12-23-2009 at 12:46 AM.. Reason: double post
Old 12-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Banned

Can i aleast have your xmods?
Old 12-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver 4.6 View Post
you know what.

im just going to be on my way, ive got other things i could be spending my money on.

dont worry about giving me a bad reputation or flaming this thread like mad, i wont be back on.

thanks to all the people that actually helped me, you know who you are

yes, im annoying and i start to many threads, but *some* of you guys are tightwads. this website doesnt have enough supporters to be worried about eveyone using the search function and posting properly.

maybe i did make a thread about everything, but why worry about a topic getting a little cluttered if someones xmod runs better because of it?

i could understand it if this website had more than 500 active users, but seriously?

im a little dissapointed in xmods, i gave them a second chance and they didnt pull through.

most of you probably think im some 13 year old going on a rant, but i dont have anything to prove, so i'll let you think what you want.

im going to have one kick *** REAL mustang once i stop spending money on other junk.

i sure did look forward to learning how to stack fets, or simply how to solder. but if an xmod cant run for 3 days without crapping out, whats the use?

i realise probably 3 people will read this, and about 1 person will actually take it to heart, but i just wanted to vent a little frustration with these things.

c1v1c, theaznkevin, theb1gdude, and bart, you guys are the most memorable people who arent uptight, and i appriciate it.

once again, this isnt directed towards all of you, thanks to the people that tried to help, im out
http://www.murphysdesigns.com/images...0no%20fade.jpg

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 12-22-2009, 06:51 PM
dirtlover/moderator

winner ^

Team X.I.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Elite member

If you want a hobby class R/C at this scale, you should look into Mini-Z. Enjoy your Mustang.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

Look i'm not going to say stay or go but all I am going to say is why? You live and you learn you tried xmods before and they crapped out on you. You try them again they crap out on you. If you take it to radioshack and say it is a gift I am sure they will take it. Why give up when you can prolly fix it by replacing the resistors. But I guess you made up your decision.

Why not go try xmodsinternational.com you will be ripped to shreds in minutes and probably end up getting a ton of infractions. The problem with most newbies is they will give up once the going gets tough. Most of the time the new members fade away after awhile but the ones that are in it stay. No one here made fun of you or flamed the crap out of you.

Why not send it to XXX he does amazing work he can replace it with a RV board or another board that is 100X better than the xmod one. If you want a kick *** xmod to go with your kick *** 1:1 mustang then you have to be willing to spend money in it. Check out XXX's car he is doing for his dad just imagine that but yours. He does amazing super clean work and he can make yours one hell of a car.

But like I said you already made your decision...so..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 12-22-2009, 11:08 PM
The Man

your "custom antenna holder" is probably your problem. you put a screw through the hole where it bends, and put it through the gear cover on the side? take that out (if you still care about the thing anymore) it may just fix your problem..
Old 01-01-2010, 06:33 PM

check the crystal it might be going bad