Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Nitro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2008, 07:56 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to MightyTitan
Default Cen Ct-5 ?

Well i'v finally decided i want to go into hobby grade nitro cars.

I'm really interested in the Cen Ct-5 and i just want some advice and
if anyone here has or had owned one if they're any good.

Also is there any other nitro touring cars in that range that may be better.

Thanks,
David

Note: Please don't recommend electric (i'v made up my mind)

Prerunner Titan [Project]
Old 01-13-2008, 08:00 PM
XMS Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

I would look at the traxxas 4 tec and the hpi rs4 evo.Hpi is around 300.00 and the 4 tec is around 350.00
Old 01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Advance member

the hpi rs4 is probably going to be one of the best that or a tc3.

Last edited by kungpow420; 01-15-2008 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: wrong name
Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Xmod Expert

kungpow420, the TC4 is electric...

MightyTitan, there are actually many other nitro touring cars that are better than the CEN CT5. The Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec is actually quite better.

If you're on a budget, Ofna's LD3 and CD3 touring cars are excellent choices as well. I would recommend you to visit your local track or your local hobby shop (LHS) and ask them what's the most common platform there. That way, you'll know which parts will be more availably to you.

Its better purchasing a slightly more expensive car and having parts to replace it than buying a cheap car and having to wait weeks, even months, for replacement parts to come in.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)

I personally own the ct5, it's quite nice.
I think people under-estimate its power and abilities...
The car is very nice, in person.
I can get pics for ya...I'll make a thread this week...check it out.
They are EXTREMELY fast...I'm not into Traxxas...so I got the CT5.

HPI and Traxxas are jsut recognized more...when you get it...you'll be very happy.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:09 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
kungpow420, the TC4 is electric...

MightyTitan, there are actually many other nitro touring cars that are better than the CEN CT5. The Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec is actually quite better.

If you're on a budget, Ofna's LD3 and CD3 touring cars are excellent choices as well. I would recommend you to visit your local track or your local hobby shop (LHS) and ask them what's the most common platform there. That way, you'll know which parts will be more availably to you.

Its better purchasing a slightly more expensive car and having parts to replace it than buying a cheap car and having to wait weeks, even months, for replacement parts to come in.
listen to this guy. buy the car that is popular in your area. because then parts will be popular as well. it sucks not being able to get parts for your car.

ive been into nitro r/c's for about 8 years now... ive owned nearly ever major car and truck on the market.... now days... the only brand i buy from is traxxas. the nitro 4tec is a very nice car plenty quick for a beginner, specially now in the 3.3 its blistering fast. i think you'll be more than happy with it. traxxas motors for me personally have been some of the most trouble free. and they are pretty popular at my hobby shop, so parts are good for me.

now owning other cars. im not saying they suck the 4tec is better. ive loved every car or truck ive ever owned in different ways and hated them in otheres. but when it comes down to it all around, my personal taste have just been more happy with traxxas for, cost, performance, ease of parts, ease of working and fixing them. they have just been better to me all around.

so i say nitro 4 tec.

but the ofna's and hpi's are great cars too. you wont go wrong. even the AE is a pretty solid little car.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to MightyTitan

thanks for all of the responses,

I went to a few of my local hobby shops and the first one wasnt a lot of help (all they have is off road nitros) but when i went to the second they were very helpful they didn't really carry any rtr's in stock or really any kits but they have a huge inventory of parts bodys ect.

So after talking a little with the guy behind the counter he really recommended hpi, and he said that he honestly is really into the nitro drift scene and he recommended the new nitro rtr rs4 3 drift. He said that it would be great for a beginner like me. So knowing its in my price range and hpi's know dependability im considering this.

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/10071/

Prerunner Titan [Project]