Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > New Members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2010, 01:58 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default First XMOD

Hey what's up everyone? Just got my first xmod, the Nissan 370z. Watched ebay for about a couple days and saw a new one pop up for $20+$15s/h. Snatched it up, and had to wait a couple days for it to get in (that was the worst )

It came in last night and I'm pretty stoked. It does have a small scratch on the roof though . After I ordered it, I read some people were still finding them at Radioshack. Checked mine today, they had two 370z's in stock, for $24.95. ****. But I picked up an Audi R8 I'm still completely unsure what I want to do with the R8, whether I'll keep it for myself, or hold on to it for a while and sell it.

Anyway, back to the 370z! Snapped some pics with my cell real quick. Yes, it is still the red that most people can't stand... including myself a little bit.

I'm not too sure on how I want to upgrade it yet. Still exploring my options. But I would LOVE to get a second body and attempt this:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...-1920x1440.jpg

I guess that's about it for my introduction, hopefully you guys will see a paint thread from me in the future!

Last edited by Donziikid; 04-15-2010 at 07:45 PM..
Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (6)

Lucky you to have found an Audi R8. I see every starter kit at my local RS, but the R8. Should have gotten an extra when it was still available. The R8 is the best looking one of Street Series, IMO.

You should get the GTR too, just to own the imports from this series. Nothing against American muscle. Please don't flame me.

Good color choice for the Z. Seen some RSXs with this color, pretty sweet.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Stage 1 member

yea i bet that color would look real nice, the testor brand has a an electric blue that gives a candy gloss to the paint really nice but it might be to dark of a blue. i been trying to get a few extra cars from radioshack myself but all im finding is either the corvette or 370z.....trying to find a gtr or srt8 but no luck yet.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:13 PM

My shack has two 370z's and a Mustang GT. Haven't checked any other shacks around me, probably +30 min drive. The R8 is actually still in the box, I really don't know if I'm going to be able to go on without opening it haha.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Stage 2 member

Really nice xmod, I'm planning to get an r8 myself in the near future. I'm no mod or anything, but I'm pretty sure you should resize that last picture a bit?
Old 04-15-2010, 06:57 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

jebus! that phone takes better pic that my camera O.o what phone is it??

oh nice xmod too and welcome to xms!

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 04-15-2010, 07:46 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

That image from Serious Wheels has been left as a link, it was WAY to large to be posted within [IMG] tags. Remember that the limit is no more than 600px wide.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 04-15-2010, 08:41 PM

Okay, sorry! Won't happen again.

My phone is the Env Touch, it has a 3.2 megapixel camera. Which is pretty much the sole reason why I got the phone haha. I do not recommend this phone to anyone though, as I have had nonstop problems with the touchscreen. Have gone through like 3 of these (I have the warranty ).

Thanks for the welcome, guys.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

I have the R8 and the 370 Z.I think there the best bodies they came out with
Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 PM

Oh nooooooooo!

So I caved in an opened up the Audi R8. To my first surprise, it was missing the bag of lug nuts, wrench, and mirrors =[

Luckily I had 14 lug nuts left over from the 370z. Set it all up. Motor runs, tires don't spin. Ahhhh whhhyyy? Guess I will be returning it tomorrow, ughh.

edit

A small brown piece just flew out from inside one of the axles.

edit

AND the controller has eaten my 9V battery! I seriously can't get the cap off.

edit

Got the cap off. Radioshack wtf.

Last edited by johnnyg42; 04-15-2010 at 10:56 PM..
Old 04-15-2010, 11:07 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

sounds like you broke a dog bone, check and see if there is small piece running between the differential and the wheel stubs

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 04-16-2010, 12:32 AM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

and/or maybe you were sold a used as new starter kit...i have caught a few stores doing this...so be careful...and inspect all kits closely

Team X.I.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
and/or maybe you were sold a used as new starter kit...i have caught a few stores doing this...so be careful...and inspect all kits closely
Are you serious!!!...i have 3 unopened starter kits..i would hate to open them just to make sure they work..then again it would be a good excuse too..lol
Old 04-16-2010, 11:57 AM

I would say it's definitely a dogbone by looking at the shape. I already returned it and told them it was missing parts and was broken. They didn't even open the box to look at anything. I should have kept the wheels or something... But I am too honest.

I can positively say it was used. The cardboard of the case was taped where the two latches meet each other. I didn't take this sign wisely enough when purchasing it, I know. And the chassis had some small hairs around the axles and other specs of dirt and whatnot. He asked me if I wanted to to exchange it for another one, I quickly said "no thanks" haha.

What a disappointment =/
Old 04-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Stage 2 member

hehehehe i m getting a 370z off a friend as my first xmod :P

Dream Car : Rx-7 !!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:42 PM

Awesome! I do love the 370z, it's a lot of fun. I'm thinking of ordering some new wheels/tires and a stage 2 motor. Maybe the AWD kit too. I'm just looking to drift and do some cosmetic mods in the future.

I'm definitely going to try and pick up a second body, to practice painting on. It will be my first time painting, and I plan on following people's advice on in other threads to the tee. Should be fun

edit

Does anyone have any experience with the foam tires/wheel combo from atomic?
http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/X...de__12116.aspx

I was thinking of ordering a couple sets, for the wheels. I think I remember someone saying the wheels seem a little small though, so if anyone can clarify that would be cool. I want some wheels to practice painting on without really breaking the bank.

Last edited by johnnyg42; 04-16-2010 at 02:51 PM..
Old 04-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg42 View Post
Awesome! I do love the 370z, it's a lot of fun. I'm thinking of ordering some new wheels/tires and a stage 2 motor. Maybe the AWD kit too. I'm just looking to drift and do some cosmetic mods in the future.

I'm definitely going to try and pick up a second body, to practice painting on. It will be my first time painting, and I plan on following people's advice on in other threads to the tee. Should be fun

edit

Does anyone have any experience with the foam tires/wheel combo from atomic?
http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/X...de__12116.aspx

I was thinking of ordering a couple sets, for the wheels. I think I remember someone saying the wheels seem a little small though, so if anyone can clarify that would be cool. I want some wheels to practice painting on without really breaking the bank.
foam tires are great for carpet, and some people have used them on tennis court surfaces and done pretty well

but i'd look into getting bearings very soon, the longer you wait the more wheel slop you will have
Old 04-16-2010, 09:29 PM

Thanks for the tip! I probably have about 40 minutes of driving time in with no bearings so far. Not sure how bad that is, but shopping for bearings now. Not quite sure what to get, looking at these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ball-Bearing-For...item5887315ed9
Old 04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg42 View Post
Thanks for the tip! I probably have about 40 minutes of driving time in with no bearings so far. Not sure how bad that is, but shopping for bearings now. Not quite sure what to get, looking at these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ball-Bearing-For...item5887315ed9
no prob, but thoose should work great alot better then the stock bushings, but be sure to check around you mite can find them a bit cheaper
Old 04-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Stage 2 member

Welcome to the forums. Nice 370z you have there. It sucks that you bought a used R8 and it was passed off as new. I have some unopened boxes and would hate to find out they were used. Looking forward to seeing some things from you in the future.