Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2009, 09:53 PM
XTC

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to 2FAST
Question 370Z NOT Running!!!

Well the other day I pull out my 370Z but it doesnt start. It seems like a simple glitch I've had before so I tried ONING/OFFING the car and the controller. The cars batteries work fine because Ive tested them with a multimeter and on my GTR. Also the controllers battery also works. It still won't start ! There is also none of that buzzing noise when stationary from the car that all xmods have (Check every xmod vid; you'll here it) that I used to hate but have grown to love due to this perplexing occurence. I am devastated because I paid $50 out of pocket. What is the problem with my car? Please help!
Yup. Xmods are like drugs, after that first hit you are hooked! Then there's the pink elephants riding rainbows, while spiders do your hair. Then there was that time the pig flew past my window, I never knew police wore purple spandex. Wait, what was I talking about?
Old 09-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Stage 1 member

Just take it back to radioshack, I know that really doesnt help ...but thats what I would do. best of luck
Old 09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (3)

Loosened wire probably, Remove the electronic board cover, it's the middle part, unscrew a couple of screws and you'll be able to remove it freely.

now check if there is any wire that is'nt connected to the board.

next time use the search button, i gave the same tip a few days ago..
Old 09-09-2009, 11:29 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Hmmm...sounds a little like the problem I am having with my GTR. Have you tried running the car in reverse? Here is the thread pertaining to my GTR and the problem(s) that I am having from it.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 09-10-2009, 06:45 PM
XTC

c1v1c Yes I did use the search button but nothing similar to my situation appeared. And DRFTKO nothing works at all-not even reverse. Thanks for all your help. I will try to look at the electronics board. If no success I will probably write again. Please feel free to add any more suggestions.

Thank You.
Yup. Xmods are like drugs, after that first hit you are hooked! Then there's the pink elephants riding rainbows, while spiders do your hair. Then there was that time the pig flew past my window, I never knew police wore purple spandex. Wait, what was I talking about?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FAST View Post
c1v1c Yes I did use the search button but nothing similar to my situation appeared. And DRFTKO nothing works at all-not even reverse. Thanks for all your help. I will try to look at the electronics board. If no success I will probably write again. Please feel free to add any more suggestions.

Thank You.
Do you have a multimeter? I have some suggestions if so.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:

Thank You.
do you still have the recipt? also it sounds like the board is not getting any power, check the wires going to the battery tray and the board

lol btw, i was reading the thing beside your profile pic and one question, are you mad at your self? jking jking lol

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 09-10-2009, 09:42 PM
XTC

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
Do you have a multimeter? I have some suggestions if so.
Look here:
Quote:
Well the other day I pull out my 370Z but it doesnt start. It seems like a simple glitch I've had before so I tried ONING/OFFING the car and the controller. The cars batteries work fine because Ive tested them with a multimeter and on my GTR. Also the controllers battery also works. It still won't start ! There is also none of that buzzing noise when stationary from the car that all xmods have (Check every xmod vid; you'll here it) that I used to hate but have grown to love due to this perplexing occurence. I am devastated because I paid $50 out of pocket. What is the problem with my car? Please help!
So, Yes, I do have a multimeter and so I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
do you still have the recipt? also it sounds like the board is not getting any power, check the wires going to the battery tray and the board

lol btw, i was reading the thing beside your profile pic and one question, are you mad at your self? jking jking lol
Yeah Im checkin them now. And no, I'm mad at this 8 year old who decided "I see a remote controlled toy car, it's mine!" So yeah he figured it was his so he ground up the front lip then put some preety big scratches on it. But with my dremel and alcohol It looks at least presentable now.

Thanks all. Please keep the suggestions coming.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

FETs might be fried somehow ? Does your steering work ? If not, then it's most likely that your board is good as gone.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:59 AM
Elite member

The first thing I would do is try to eliminate all variables and test the voltage directly at the board. This is obviously what you have been working on with the batteries but I'd go first for a VERY direct approach. Expose the board and with the car OFF, CAREFULLY check the voltage with all 4 batteries in the car at the solder points where the negative and positive wires are attached to the board. This verifies without any question if the appropriate voltage of at least 4.8V is reaching the board of the car. Once you have tested it in this way I feel that we can eliminate any kind of battery or battery wire connection to the board as being the culprit and move on to other possibilities.

EDIT: I actually see now that this suggestion was already presented, though I'm not clear on your answer. Was there appropriate voltage?

Last edited by Action B; 09-11-2009 at 03:03 AM..