Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Nitro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2009, 01:48 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)
Default mid tanked savage with modded lrp 28

my mid tank build is slightly different then some of the 250cc mid tanks. i opted for a different radio box set up. im have the half way point right now awaiting the fuel tank, motor, and throttle linkage. aside from all this its nearly complete here is what i got so far.

parts

build begins, i painted the flm tvp's black.

trans, front and rear dog bones installed, there was alot of play in the two so the orings in the cups were a must here.

2 tank/chassis braces and servo/mounts installed

under side, both tvp's installed along with the engine plate.

bottom center skid installed.

the throttle servo, theres a 1/4 inch hole towards the front of the engine plate, i dremeled it alittle to make it larger so i could fit the servo wire through to make it much cleaner and less wires showing.

heres where most of the work and difference start with my mid tank build. i opted for a team losi xxxt radio box, its the perfect size to fit in the space behind the motor. i did some modifications so the on/off switch mounted to it along with the batt indicator light.

box before moding

after

had to take the corner out of the cover of the box since it was so close to the header, im going to use some heat tape on the corner along with wrap the header, should keep it from getting to hot and melting the box.

mounted the hump pack on the wing mount plate with some zip ties feed through fuel tubing to get a better hold on the pack

WHAT I GOT SO FAR

perfect width and length.

did some triming to the stock x body to work with the flm's, trimed the rear bumper and wheel wells so it didnt look stupid and so it would fit over the large lst's, had to make new body mount holes aswel.

thats what i got so far, one the tank gets here ill mount that and also come up with a throttle brake linkage set up. i have a few vids uploading of the build aswel and ill post when there done.

final product, almost fully broken in. this thing is a beast, most of u wont really understand how crazy and hard it really is for a motor to wheely this beast its got to weigh close to 15lbs and the modded motor does it effortlessly running really rich and not tunned for performance whatsoever.

another vids wheelies!!! its not tuned, still breaking in..... full tank of fuel (250) tank, cens and running 17/47 and it does rolling wheelies..... http://s550.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=MOV01002.flv

http://s550.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=MOV01003.flv