Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic > Gamers Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 06:46 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Firstly they do, for the right audience. Second- PSP fat limited, psp slim, and 2x 3000 limited imports for possible resale later on. When you get a chance to get something impossible to get stateside, you do it and think later. Why do I want so many of similar products? Because I support GOOD products and import them from the source.

FYI- PSP now has a perfect AND comfortable ports of TI-92 and HP 48 calulators. Can your "fun" DS beat that by a mile? Also, PSP emulation of GBA is much better than playing GBA games on previous DSes because you CAN put the **** game to sleep to resume playing later. Last note is that there is a TI-83 emulator for GBA, that works on GBA too, that can be added to PSP's lineup.
hands down you are correct that the PSP is a superior machine to the DS. But what you maybe missing is that the sales for the PSP are pumbling, you may have bought the only four sold last year(thats a joke). While the DS sales are good and usually on the rise. Also they made like less then a dozen games for the PSP thats year that are even worth talking about.

The reason the DS bets the PSP is due to the interface, and it was market better then the PSP. The reason I never got a PSP was because I was like **** I all ready have a laptop and a Ipod. Then the biggest reason Zelda!!!! lol
Old 04-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

I also see it like this.

You can't really compare the DS(i) and PSP.
They are directed to two completely different target markets.
I see the PSP target market to be from about 15 and up, while I see the DS to be more of a "child" game, but also for adults who don't want to "violent" games available for the PSP.
So, PSP = 15+
DS = ~5-14 & 25/30+

So yeah.
Also, the DS has better sales due to the other things available, like the language tutors, the chef helper things, and other utilities, not necessarily the games.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:18 AM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

You'd be surprised at what PSP has on the homebrew side. Far more practical apps than DS has official and unofficial combined.

And both of you are correct- kids and mellow adults buy these things the most, but where do YOU guys fall under? My only point is that I'm disgusted when seasoned gamers choose to buy DSes for some reason. I owned it, but hardly played it compared to my PSPs and consoles.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Firstly they do, for the right audience. Second- PSP fat limited, psp slim, and 2x 3000 limited imports for possible resale later on. When you get a chance to get something impossible to get stateside, you do it and think later. Why do I want so many of similar products? Because I support GOOD products and import them from the source.

FYI- PSP now has a perfect AND comfortable ports of TI-92 and HP 48 calulators. Can your "fun" DS beat that by a mile? Also, PSP emulation of GBA is much better than playing GBA games on previous DSes because you CAN put the **** game to sleep to resume playing later. Last note is that there is a TI-83 emulator for GBA, that works on GBA too, that can be added to PSP's lineup.
Your making me laugh.. LOL. buy first, think later. Great financial strategy. And why such a passion of hatred for a DSi, really come on, relax. I own a PSP 3000 and i love it, but it is the only system that I can never find new games for, I just got my daughter a DSi and she loves it. Oh and I own a Ducati (motorcycle) european specs, I bought 3 of them because I can't get them in the states......... JK. but really I have 30 PSP's .... no JK.....

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 04-19-2009, 10:14 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

okay, please just keep this a DSi discussion topic, no more DS vs PSP discussion, okay? if you don't like the DS, you don't need to view threads about it.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

I don't think the DSi is worth it. Its not as much as an upgrade to warrant purchasing a new system (as with the PSP 2000 and 3000 upgrades).
I have a black DS lite, with a Cyclo DS and EZ 3 in 1, so I'm getting the most for whatever little money I put in. I also have homebrew on my 1000 model PSP, and I love some Marvel vs Capcom every once in a while.

Why did they go with a matte finish on the DSi? The DS lite's glossy finish was beautiful. So what if it got dirty fast, it wasn't something that a tissue couldn't rectify!