Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2010, 04:40 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)
Default Can anyone identify these parts?

(May be from different cars. I'm not sure, but I found them all in one place.)

Found them all in the woods by my house. :P
Old 02-27-2010, 05:06 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

1 steering wheel
2 piston and rod
3 wheel/ lug cover

the last one might be a cb radio
Old 02-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Late 50s, early 60s Chevy wheel I wanna say. Caprice/Impala? I've seen it before but I'll see what the HAMB has to say.

Random piston

Need to see what the back of that chevy cover is.

Old radio, I've never seen a CB with bass/treble

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 02-27-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Late 50s, early 60s Chevy wheel I wanna say. Caprice/Impala? I've seen it before but I'll see what the HAMB has to say.

Random piston

Need to see what the back of that chevy cover is.

Old radio, I've never seen a CB with bass/treble
I got good eyes and I never seen that, maybe its my small monitor
Old 02-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

'62 Impala wheel:

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 02-27-2010 at 06:27 PM..
Old 02-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Seriously?

Trader Rating: (6)

I'm sure that Impala wheel might be worth something, especially for someone who wants one for a restoration

Current cars: (in storage, erm 'in the garage')
Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger
Old 02-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

idk hard to say in that condition... gets your self onto a early impala forum and sell it off or find out how much it would be worth. i dont use ebay to gage a items worth. too much fluxuation threw bidding. kinda like is every car at barret jackson worth 300k plus? no
Old 02-28-2010, 06:07 PM
MSI <3

Jimmy, please tell me you were being sarcastic. I'm not quite that dumb that I don't know what a steering wheel or any of that stuff is. :P

Anyway, yeah that's pretty awesome! So I have a '62 Impala wheel and an awesome hubcap from... Something (Look at the coloring. It's white and light blue. Sort of like a Bel-Air or Corvette, but that's certainly not from one of those. Is there any other car you can think of with that paint scheme?). I wonder what else is back there. Hopefully more pistons. I want eight of them to put in my room.

EDIT: Dang... Which of the trucks in the late 60s/early 70s had that sort of paint scheme? That certainly looks like it's from a truck, and I'm 99% sure one was colored like that.

Last edited by firebird999; 02-28-2010 at 06:14 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
Jimmy, please tell me you were being sarcastic. I'm not quite that dumb that I don't know what a steering wheel or any of that stuff is. :P

Anyway, yeah that's pretty awesome! So I have a '62 Impala wheel and an awesome hubcap from... Something (Look at the coloring. It's white and light blue. Sort of like a Bel-Air or Corvette, but that's certainly not from one of those. Is there any other car you can think of with that paint scheme?). I wonder what else is back there. Hopefully more pistons. I want eight of them to put in my room.

EDIT: Dang... Which of the trucks in the late 60s/early 70s had that sort of paint scheme? That certainly looks like it's from a truck, and I'm 99% sure one was colored like that.
yes I was messing with you. LOL

The steering wheel is definatly repairable http://www.por15.com/STEERING-WHEEL-...ductinfo/SWRK/

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 02-28-2010 at 06:25 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 07:49 PM
is awesome

Id buy that wheel pm me
Old 02-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
(May be from different cars. I'm not sure, but I found them all in one place.)

Found them all in the woods by my house. :P
How'd that stuff get randomly out there? I say grab a metal detector. Could be some more antique car loot out there!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:36 PM
MSI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jack3jack View Post
Id buy that wheel pm me
I'd consider it, but shipping would be too much for something in the condition it is. And I might want to keep it for myself anyway. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxinflixion View Post
How'd that stuff get randomly out there? I say grab a metal detector. Could be some more antique car loot out there!
Definitely. I'm going out there with a small garden spade later just to pick at the surface. It's really cramped and deserted, so getting a metal detector could be a challenge. But there are some other notable things I found but haven't taken yet.
1) A Huffy boys' bike, looks to be about a 17", frame/handle bars only. Same gear changer as my neighbor's old bike which looks to be from the 70s/80s, but I'm not too sure.
2) A shopping cart. It looks very retro at the bottom, and it's 95% rusted, so I'm guessing 70s/80s on it as well.
3) Scrap metal, including a segment of an 8" steel pipe (I guarantee you, if I can get that out it's worth at least $10 as scrap. It's huge.), part of a drive train (Too far out to drag it back easily), an old washtub, some strange wad of metal bars and hinges that says "Hedstrom" on it, an entire disassembled aluminum roof, an oil drum, and much, much more.
4) (Possibly) A vehicle of some sort. There's something that looks to be an axle poking up from the ground and some sort of fender protruding around part of it. It's either a tractor of some sort or a Volkswagen Beetle (Or just some coincidentally positioned scraps), and I'm 100% I can't unearth it and if I did, there's not a chance in hell it would ever run again.

EDIT: From its beginning in the late 1700s (Yes, 1700s. Keep in mind I live in Georgia, so I'm not lying.) until the late 1970s, my town was strictly rural. This one lady owned my tri-neighborhood area as her farm from the early 1900s onward. In the early 90s, she sold out her land to make said three neighborhoods. Between my house, her house, and this redneck guy is about 1/3 acre that was never touched by the construction crews. So all her crap, all the redneck guy's crap, and quite possibly waste from the construction sites has piled up in that small area to go unnoticed until last Saturday, when my neighbor's cat escaped and I went back there to find him. That is how all that stuff ended up out there.

Last edited by firebird999; 02-28-2010 at 08:44 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

White and blue were standard Chevrolet coloring for their logos for many years. But I don't see that in the center cap. I'm leaning more towards late 70s to 80s steel wheel center cap, from one of their pickups. It's not from anything of the 50s and 60s though and it's not from a GM car, that's for sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jack3jack View Post
Id buy that wheel pm me
Don't put it in the Camaro, these wheels are nearly 18" in diameter, way too large and awkward.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 02-28-2010 at 08:50 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 08:52 PM
MSI <3

Yeah, you're probably right. This one guy on a different forum is telling me that it was a generic hubcap for their utility vehicles for some period of time, but he cannot supply pictures, so I dunno. I'm sure it's unique to one truck and not a universal thing. :/

Also, this is on Ebay right now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1962-...Q5fAccessories
I'm going to say that's about 3 times as good as mine or better, so taking from that price, I suppose it's worth about $10-$15 as it is now, and much, much more if I find the chrome piece.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Elite member

like i said dont base your prices threw ebay. on ebay everything is all over the map. dont strat saying its only worth 15 bucks just yet. hang onto it for a while and find about five more. THEN see how much you think its worth.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:00 PM
MSI <3

Yeah, I know I shouldn't base the price off eBay, but I just want a rough estimate. I'm not actually going to sell it. At least not for a while.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Elite member

yeah true, but i mean before you start saying its worth 10-15 take a few more looks around and see. also a place to look would be ndp. national parts depot to see if they sell a reproduction of that steering wheel and how much it would cost.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I'd only pay 30 at most. Still missing all the trim and horn pieces.

It's a chevy truck, but not worth jack in the shape it's in. nail it to the garage wall and admire.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:15 PM
MSI <3

Definitely. But not the garage. It's going in my room.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:49 PM
is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
White and blue were standard Chevrolet coloring for their logos for many years. But I don't see that in the center cap. I'm leaning more towards late 70s to 80s steel wheel center cap, from one of their pickups. It's not from anything of the 50s and 60s though and it's not from a GM car, that's for sure..

Don't put it in the Camaro, these wheels are nearly 18" in diameter, way too large and awkward.
O dear lord no lol I was gonna give it to my dad. Na not to thread jack but the camaro is keeping the stock wheel