Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > New Members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (1)

Nice I like the 370z it is sweet. All the RS around me have cars still. Just picked up an GTR and R8 with two AWD kiits. $31 per set plus tax, here is the break down $25 for car $16 for the AWD kit kit -$10 coupon. Going to sell the AWD kits.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:31 PM

Trader Rating: (0)

Question: Do you think having a small magnet .5"x.5"x.2" near the circuit board could damage it?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg42 View Post
Question: Do you think having a small magnet .5"x.5"x.2" near the circuit board could damage it?
I doubt it, as long as it's not touching anything.
The motor is kind of close to the pcb, and I've run some strong neo magnets in mine with no ill effects.
What's the magnet going to be for anyways?

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:53 PM

Trader Rating: (0)

I wasn't going to tell until I was done, but I mind as well because who knows when I will do it. The one thing that I haven't seen much on the 370z is a roof scoop. So I'd like to try it out, and thought it would be cool to make it removable. I'm thinking of gluing a magnet to the inside of the roof, and another to the bottom/inside of the roof scoop, it may just work.

edit

Just updating. Ordered 2 sets of foam tires last night with wheels and a suspension kit:

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/X...de__12116.aspx
http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/X...it__10795.aspx

Also, signed onto ebay and this auction was ending in 3 minutes so I just picked up without really checking compatibility or price haha.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...view=all&tid=0

Going to put the roof mod on hold, when these wheels get in I want to paint em up black and see how they look on the red 370z. Then my next plan is painting the Z blue. That's going to be a project for me because I have no model painting experience whatsoever. I'm looking at this paint:

http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znet...MC201/image/8/

It looks like I should be using 400 grit sandpaper to take off the red? And if anyone can point me in a good direction for a clear coat that would be awesome. And any painting tips are absolutely welcome. Thanks!

*edit*

Got a shipment today =]

I think I enjoy taking photos just as much everything else about xmods. Probably took 30 or so, these I liked the most. I really like the way the black rims look, and I'm glad I tried it. Now I should have a couple sets of rims coming in this week, so now I can have some nice ones black, and not the 89 cent foam tire rims! haha.

*edit*
I think I'm going to ditch the roof scoop idea. Seems kind of dumb when I really think about it. On another note, I think the guy I won the rims from on ebay is flaking out on me. it's been 5 days and no response. Lame. Gotta get my money back!