Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > General 1/10 scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 01:25 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid
Default Stampedekid's SCX10 Honcho

No guys I didn't copy Mycro, I wanted one before he had his Anyway:
Well the 5 day wait from ordering it till getting it has finally been over with. Long story short, had birthday money but mom had to borrow some so I asked if I could buy a new truck with my money(Instantly I knew what I wanted) she said yes but I would have to wait until thursday so I asked to go to the LHS to order the truck in if they didn't have it. Well called in this morning and my starter box was wired up and ready for use for the D8 and the Honcho was in. Around 12ish I went in, talked for a bit then walked out with an SCX10 Honcho TR. Well I didn't grab too many pics, you all know what they look like and sorry if the quality is bad, I was excited. For battery, I'm using the Duratrax Piranha 2000mAh that nobody bought from me so I may as well keep it now that I've got a real use for it. I had trouble removing the rear clips so I pulled them off with pliers(they would hit the "gas tank" when I tried to get them off) and bent them for easier removal. So far so good. It appears that the rear shocks are missing the bottom clips off of them. Are they supposed to be like that or am I missing them? Are they on one of the parts trees included? Aaah I feel like a newbie all over again! LOL But anyway onto the rubbish pictures. I'm basically just waiting for the battery to cool off before I go and drive it so why not post it here?
Before unboxing:

After unboxing:

For now I'm going to run the stock TX/RX until I get enough money for a better radio(Might sell the DX2.0 in order to fund getting a DX3R/DX3S as the DX2.0 doesn't have enough memory for all of my vehicles lol)
Old 07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Elite member

Nice ride right there. lol

Now it just needs some battle scars.

TEAM XI
Old 07-15-2010, 02:56 PM
is here

Already got some 2000mAh that I've had for 2 1/2 years lasted a good 45 minutes(timed) and got some decent battle scars out in the yard. Unboxing video is finally up!
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Why'd it take so long to unbox it?!!!! I would of had that thing open so fast. Lol, actually I take one thing out at a time and look at it, it takes me forever to open boxes.

Looks good, bet your going to have fun with it.

It's gonna be a scaler right?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:16 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletsRain View Post
Why'd it take so long to unbox it?!!!! I would of had that thing open so fast. Lol, actually I take one thing out at a time and look at it, it takes me forever to open boxes.

Looks good, bet your going to have fun with it.

It's gonna be a scaler right?
Normally I do but I had trouble cutting the seals I kept cutting the cardboard Yep unlike Mycro this is going to stay a scaler. Might run it at some GTG events locally and I've got a few buddies in other towns who run the 1/10's also. Mainly for something to run up at my camper, while the Micro Scaler handles it well, there's areas where it just can't go in(too grassy, or too big of rocks, etc..) I've got $50 leftover but my starter box isn't working well with my D8 so I MIGHT sell all the nitro goodies and go BL E-Buggy or whatever happens, I need a radio with a bigger model memory than my DX2.0 so I was looking at used DX3S and DX3R's but for now this will do. Oh look my battery is done I know where I'll be for the next 45 minutes!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:48 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
Normally I do but I had trouble cutting the seals I kept cutting the cardboard Yep unlike Mycro this is going to stay a scaler. Might run it at some GTG events locally and I've got a few buddies in other towns who run the 1/10's also. Mainly for something to run up at my camper, while the Micro Scaler handles it well, there's areas where it just can't go in(too grassy, or too big of rocks, etc..) I've got $50 leftover but my starter box isn't working well with my D8 so I MIGHT sell all the nitro goodies and go BL E-Buggy or whatever happens, I need a radio with a bigger model memory than my DX2.0 so I was looking at used DX3S and DX3R's but for now this will do. Oh look my battery is done I know where I'll be for the next 45 minutes!
haaaaaaaayyyyyyyy mines still a scale, just.. a comp scaler lol

if u ever come to the west side of the US, we can meet up and go bashing
looks good.. welcome to the larger scale crawler club

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Nice! How much did she run you by chance?

PM a link or AIM me a link for these suckers please!

Blade.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:09 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
haaaaaaaayyyyyyyy mines still a scale, just.. a comp scaler lol

if u ever come to the west side of the US, we can meet up and go bashing
looks good.. welcome to the larger scale crawler club
Well I don't like how the 2.2's look on the Honcho, the 1.9's stuff it enough Got a total of an hour of run time on one pack(this pack hasn't been used in about a year, needs to be woken up. Actually, it was exactly an hour, went out at 5:25 got back at 6:25 not bad for 2000mAh. I'm thinking of getting a 4000mAh but I'm worried that I may get bored from running it for so long Yeah its thanks to you and Adrian(NF93) why I really wanted one. You guys cost me $300! lol just messin I wanted one, but you two made me want one more.
Blade, they're $300 new and don't include batteries but I'll PM you a link where to get them for decent prices. Or you could stop by at your local hobby shop and pick one up!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:12 PM
retired xmodder

Quote:
Well I don't like how the 2.2's look on the Honcho, the 1.9's stuff it enough Got a total of an hour of run time on one pack(this pack hasn't been used in about a year, needs to be woken up. Actually, it was exactly an hour, went out at 5:25 got back at 6:25 not bad for 2000mAh. I'm thinking of getting a 4000mAh but I'm worried that I may get bored from running it for so long Yeah its thanks to you and Adrian(NF93) why I really wanted one. You guys cost me $300! lol just messin I wanted one, but you two made me want one more.
Blade, they're $300 new and don't include batteries but I'll PM you a link where to get them for decent prices. Or you could stop by at your local hobby shop and pick one up!
niiiiiiiice now i have a question on how the battery was mounted, im trying to find a way to mount my bigger batteries, but i cant seem to get the right place to mount it

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 07-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Elite member

I always wanted a scale crawler. Who knows my MRC might end up as one and I might get a 2.2 comp rig, but dang there is some money in the 2.2's... For now I'm with the MRC and like the challenge the 1.9 class offers. I want to comp it atm!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:13 AM
is here

Mycro, on the TR models there's a battery tray included that I use for mine, holds a tight fit but has plenty of room for a bigger battery with just an adjustment of the velcro straps

Quote:
More pics! Just from bashing around the yard. This morning, I pulled the BYT sticker off of the Starter Box and put it on this, it added 437 HP LOL
The first 3 were taken in the spot where I usually crawl with the micro scaler

Dang these things are bright!

AAAAH MY EYES!!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:57 AM
retired xmodder

the last pic looks EPIC!!
hmm.. so where was the battery tray mounted? im trying to figure out where to mount a bigger battery for longer run times

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Elite member

Looking good. I like the lights. I want to throw some on my MRC so I can night crawl.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:59 PM
is here

Quote:
the last pic looks EPIC!!
hmm.. so where was the battery tray mounted? im trying to figure out where to mount a bigger battery for longer run times
The tray is mounted under the hood, right up front. Gives me good up hill climbs with where it is. I think the 2000mAh took a crapper on me but my good friend has a 3000mAh 6 cell that he has no use for anymore and I've got my Slash's 4500mAh 7 cell that runs great in it.
Quote:
Looking good. I like the lights. I want to throw some on my MRC so I can night crawl.
Yeah they're pretty bright actually, I like how bright it gets actually, lights up the whole backyard at night ok well not the entire backyard but still. Going up to the camper earlier than mom and the others with dad on thursday night, then will be crawling with videos and pictures ready all weekend
Old 07-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Elite member

Awesome. Do you know what size LEDs they are or what type?
Old 07-26-2010, 10:34 PM
is here

Pictures from this past weekend

Quote:
Pictures from up at my camper this past weekend, didn't really get any pics besides on the site next to us but I grabbed pics too late in the day(around 7:45-8ish) so most of the pictures are rubbish, didn't take the time to delete them. This truck has satisfied me very much, runs great in deep mud, rain, pretty much anywhere, rocks etc.. Hill climbs are OK depends on the height of the hill.Got a lot of video but only one is on Youtube as of now Day 2(day 1 got no pictures):

Day 3

Old 07-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Elite member

Cool pics man. I vote you put more led headlights on the front. Like where the headlights are on the body. I think the LEDs look good!

The truck looks good too and if I can tell by the picks, it seems you have a decent wheelspeed as well.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:37 AM
retired xmodder

niiiiice
looks like fun
i cant wait to get mine running normally again

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 AM
is here

Quote:
Cool pics man. I vote you put more led headlights on the front. Like where the headlights are on the body. I think the LEDs look good!

The truck looks good too and if I can tell by the picks, it seems you have a decent wheelspeed as well.
That's the plan, a new body is part of the plan too. I'm thinking either Tundra, cut Blackfoot body or F350. Maybe even a cut Clod body.
Quote:
niiiiice
looks like fun
i cant wait to get mine running normally again
Thanks mycro. Why isn't yours running?
Video of the hill climb is up too!
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:44 PM
retired xmodder

its current sleeping without any shocks waiting for its new bigger shocks

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶

Last edited by mycrors4; 07-27-2010 at 12:46 PM..