Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (1)
Default Project Drftline

What started out as a "get my 4 year old Gen 1 running again and drift it" project is probably going to get a bit out of proportion. I dug up my old black Skyline which lay in my closet for so long gathering dust.

However this is nothing extreme so if you're looking for hot pics, then you can leave if you want. Vids will come eventually though

I have stuff coming in from all over the world: shielded bearings arrived from VXB Bearings, alloy front knuckles from GPM are being shipped from asiatees, and some R35 rims with aluminum nuts + a new radio from XMI. I got some putty coming in from China to mess around with, maybe fill in some mild scratches.

So the plans never included a partially fried board (mild range stuttering). I'm going to be ordering some inductors (the same as in the range repair kit) from a local company. I don't want to upgrade FETs though, so a stock FET-safe PN Racing motor may be in the works (if I could find any with cheap enough shipping, anyone recommend websites besides XMI and AM?) I'll be checking my LHS soon enough for motors, but for now the mediocre Stage 2 is holding up fine. Liths are a bit too much so I'm sticking with NiMh rechargeables.

They (plans) also never included hobby grade parts - I have a summer job, so I'm going to be gradually upgrading to full GPM silver aluminum (starting with my problematic front knuckles).

But yeah. You don't need to reply or anything, I'm just going to refer to this post from now on for personal use.

Last edited by asda653; 07-17-2009 at 10:01 PM..
Old 07-18-2009, 04:50 PM
XTC

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to 2FAST

Jeez I made the same mistake and I figured out how annoying it is.....PUT UP PICTURES!
Yup. Xmods are like drugs, after that first hit you are hooked! Then there's the pink elephants riding rainbows, while spiders do your hair. Then there was that time the pig flew past my window, I never knew police wore purple spandex. Wait, what was I talking about?