Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 11-06-2009, 11:17 AM
XMod Drifter

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Bulldog25413 Send a message via Yahoo to Bulldog25413

come to find out my lisence was suspended and i was in a car crash about a week ago so when the cop showed up i found out so i had court yesterday for it and when i got there i found out i had unpaid speeding tickets and unpaid tickets for having blue neon lights on my car so a warrent was out for my arrest but they worked with me and came to a agreement that if i pay all my tickets fines and court fees by dec 30th i wont go to jail but if i dont ill go to jail for 30 days which i dont want to do since i was in jail for 4 days about a month ago for street racing.

BUT back on topic i been working on some body work and i came across a question. Would clear nail polish work as a clear coat? I been thinking if it sticks to paint then it would be a very cheap alt to getting a glossy shine and would be easy with the little brush on the cap.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog25413 View Post
BUT back on topic i been working on some body work and i came across a question. Would clear nail polish work as a clear coat? I been thinking if it sticks to paint then it would be a very cheap alt to getting a glossy shine and would be easy with the little brush on the cap.
just get some good ole testors clear, it will leave alot less runs and brush strokes...

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 11-07-2009, 05:49 AM
XMod Drifter

true thanks for the info and also on a side note i went to radio shack last night to pick up some heat shrink and other small stuff (bondo and paint today thank god (remember not job no money so lucky i have a girl that loves me lol)) and asked if they had any returned or defective xmod stuff and they had a starter kit (not sure which one didnt ask) that had a missing antenna and that there policy on returned items is that they write it off and take a hammer to it and throw it away!!!! so i told the SA (name casey) that i was doing a custom project on my xmod so he said tomorrow to call before 1pm becuz hes opening and if the manager isnt there he will GIVE me the starter kit!!!! so i might get a free starter kit so if you live in columbus ohio go to the radio shack in grove city to get free xmods stuff! Well i got some pics for you guys but im about to fall asleep as its 550am and im about to fall asleep as it is and i dont feel like fighting with photobucket right now but when i wake up ill post them up
Old 11-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

looks really really good nice neon tubes great work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 11-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Thats hot Change the Evo Neons on the battery tray to red and your good to go.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:13 AM
XMod Drifter

thats what i plan on doing once i talk my girl into buying the underglow kit lol but more questions should i keep it AWD like a real EVO or should i make it RWD for a more real drifting experince?
Old 11-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

rwd xmod drifting=fail lol keep it 4wd

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 11-07-2009, 01:13 PM
XMod Drifter

yeah i know with r/c cars AWD is better for control rather 1:1 cars RWD is better but alot of r/c drifting deals with throttle control which is why when your xmod starts to drift you can let go of the steering and with the right amount of throttle your car will keep drifting with the same angle so what im thinking is if i go with RWD and use a soft grippy tire and alot of practice i could drift just as good then using AWD but this is just a random thought i got while watching F&F tokyo drift lol well on my way to RS to get my free car that i mentioned about in my last post so i can finish the body work and post the pics

***UPDATE*** Just got back from radio shack the xmod was a full challenger starter kit 100% works the only thing work is the antenna for the car is bent and i paid 16.01 after tax so i highly recommend going to your local shacks and asking if they have any returned xmod products in the back you never know you might get a deal!

Last edited by Bulldog25413; 11-07-2009 at 02:48 PM..
Old 11-07-2009, 06:44 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

your brain would have to proccess visual info faster than the speed of light to consistently drift a rwd xmod.

4wd. only way with an xmod since the electronics aren't very consistent to start with.

and in real cars, of course rwd is better. but keep in mind they have much higher mass and longer wheelbase, and rc's have too much power and so little weight, that to apply the same technique would not work very well. granted, you could make it work if you go with more precise and consistent electronics like a mini-z board, but it would be very hard. it's like rwd drifting a 2500 hp 1:1, keeping that power to weight ratio. and electric rc's have much different torque curves than gas powered cars, where we have most of our torque throughout the whole rpm range, gas cars only have that torque at the higher regions of their rpm range. the differences may not seem like much, but they make it next to impossible to be consistent when trying to drift rwd.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:11 PM
XMod Drifter

yeah like i said it was a stupid thought i had while watching my avorite movie but body as far as the project the body is at a hault untill tomorrow now that i found out my mom has a air brush gun shes going to give me so i can better paint my car so im working on a fully working exhaust system idea i got from XMW ill post pics once i figure out the plans and get the build done and let you guys kno how it works

EDIT:

heres the "blue-print" of my exhaust/motor cooling idea but please note this isnt 100% my idea i got it from XMW and just changed it a little bit to fit my needs but here it is:

now the idea is the air flow enters the hood scoop travels thur the straw and into the motor by drilling 2 holes in the can of the motor so the air flow cools the motor and the hot air exits thur the back thur the straw once again and out your custom exhaust tip also im thinking this would creat some type of back pressure so im asking if anyone thinks this would work either way i have a extra s2 motor im using for this project so if it doesnt work then im not out of a motor ill let you know tomorrow when i finish as im working on the exhaust tip and the straw "tubing" then ill be drilling the holes in the motor tomorrow well let me know what you think

***UPDATE***

Ok i decided to stop the exhaust idea on a few reasons and since my LHS is closed on sundays i have to wait till tomorrow to get my airbrush kit and other stuff so working with what i have here i made custom brake disks and started my hood/roof scoop havent decided where to put it and in case you guys havent guessed im not doing the F&F evo as i figured i can do a more custom car since in the middle of the project i kept getting other ideas so i hope you guys like pics follow:

Brake Disk (Unpainted Till Tomorrow) Also going to add holes for a more real look

Hood/Roof Scoop (Waiting for heat gun to warm up to mold it)

And my newest car to my collection i got for 15 bucks from RS

***UPDATE***

Blacked out head and tail lights and started on some weight reduction and custom hood im having a problem sticking to one project at a time i got so much stuff going on still need to finish brake disks and roof scoop

Also found out why the challenger was returned to RS this rear left dog bone was broke but i cant ***** got the whole starter kit for 15 bucks

***UPDATE***

Finished the roof scoop mold

***UPDATE***

Finally picked up the putty and sandpaper now time to get to work ill post pics once i finish

Last edited by Bulldog25413; 11-09-2009 at 07:39 PM..
Old 12-07-2009, 05:34 AM
XMod Drifter

Exclamation

sorry for the double post but this is a rather big update

finished the roof scoop cut out the front grill and installed mesh for a real like see thru grill and also replaced headlights with blue headlights did weight reduction in back and weight addition in front (not much) as well as started on custom drift wheels and rims and starting on plans for spoiler

pics will be up after im done driving it :P when ever that will be but you can see some of the work now in my first ever video made (lol of course being a xmods drift video(**** things taking over)) in the video section under sick styles vol 1 (couldnt think of a better name)