Go Back   XmodSource.com > Competitions > XMS Competitions > XMS Competition Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Who will win the December COTM?
123Vette 1 1.25%
FieldFairy2 1 1.25%
xmodzracer 1 1.25%
youngxmodder 1 1.25%
TheB1GDude 6 7.50%
crawling duckies 0 0%
SPR 18 22.50%
merc3des 7 8.75%
lupinechaos 1 1.25%
TripleXmodder(akaXXX) 5 6.25%
kendallcschm 0 0%
zippo885 0 0%
Suicide_Star 6 7.50%
firebird999 0 0%
XMDrifter 2 2.50%
blue504life 2 2.50%
c1v1c 4 5.00%
Camaro98 6 7.50%
Lancer_Man 14 17.50%
taiwanesekid05 1 1.25%
xmodkidd33 3 3.75%
Blackdragon 0 0%
FloydfanYodaman 0 0%
snowboi1289 0 0%
4G36punk 1 1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Thats why there's at least a whole month to prepare, right? Again, don't get me wrong that its perfect compt. or no compt. Just when its a big compt. with prizes, I'd expect people to try a little bit harder. I also realize that its cars we're dealing with and making substantial changes can get hairy or look completely out of the blue, but at the same time the previous compt. I've seen pix of wasn't too shabby.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I got nothin...

Trader Rating: (0)

dude... just stop... quit arguing... stop basically trashing peoples work... they work based on their abilities and time schedules. I finally put some time and effort just to have a nice, decently painted car and i don't appreciate what you are saying. just shut up...

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/

Last edited by xmodzracer; 01-04-2009 at 01:23 PM..
Old 01-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodzracer View Post
dude... just stop... quit arguing... stop basically trashing peoples work... they work based on their abilities and time schedules. I finally put some time and effort just to have a nice, decently painted car and i don't appreciate what you are saying. just shut up...
Quote me trashing people's work? I'm saying that everyone should just do 1 or 2 more steps beyond what they did already for the sake of competition and to better their skills. I know that majority of folks should have the time to work or at least be able to plan time to work on their entrees. I like the entrees overall, but I want to encourage people to enter their best works/attempts.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:33 PM
I got nothin...

I go to school five days a week. Right after i get out i go straight to work till ten/eleven. i stay up doing homework till one/two. then i go to sleep, wake up at five, and do it all again. by the weekend i am bone tired and i just end up sleeping till ten. i get up, eat, do homework and usually by then its time to go to work again. same thing on sundays. the fact that i still found the time to even look at an xmod car is amazing. and im sure that every person on here who has created a car is proud of his or her work. and im sure that they all have stories to tell regarding their cars. so please, like the topic of abortion, leave this one ALONE...

Old 01-04-2009, 01:52 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Just when its a big compt. with prizes, I'd expect people to try a little bit harder.
That's trashing. People worked their ***** off, no matter what the entry was. Some people may not live up to your expectations, but they certainly surpassed mine this month.

Really, you're pointlessly ranting. Nothing you can say or do is going to change the outcome of this competition or the outcome of any competition here on Xmodsource. People are still going to create submissions in which they wanted to create, not what other people want them to create. You can't change the opinions of sixty six people (that's the current amount of people who have voted on this pole), let alone the hundreds of people on this website who do modifications to their Xmods day in and day out.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Last edited by Donziikid; 01-04-2009 at 01:55 PM..
Old 01-04-2009, 02:04 PM
I got nothin...

thank you donzii

Old 01-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Dont think I'm "Trashing", as what you said, but I dont think everybody really tried. You know if bondo was still here, and entered, he would have worked hard (in my opinion). I think SPR worked pretty hard. I would say I didnt work very hard, because I didnt car if I won or not, just to be entered is fine with me. I really didnt want the 3rd gen. xmod, because soon, I'll be getting outta xmods.

I understand where everybodies coming from, but remember how it used to be, custom parts everywhere, not just painted bodies. I voted on the car the I liked the most, and the car that was furthest from stock.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:33 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Just when its a big compt. with prizes, I'd expect people to try a little bit harder.
ill back you up to a certain point. there is maybe 1 or 2 cars on here that dont have much dedication put into them at all.

but for the other 95% on the competition. who the hell do you think you are saying people didnt try very hard. YOU DIDNT EVEN ENTER A CAR. so who didnt try very hard this month? you have no room to talk.

and im sorry but that line REAALLY ****es me the **** off. i want you to go PM

123vette
fieldfairy2
TheB1GDude
crawlin duckies
me
mercededs
tripplexmodder
suicide
xmdrifter
blue504
camaro98
lancerman
taiwanesekid

all who obviously have HOURS apon HOURS of time and hard work invested into sanding, sculpting, painting, custom fabbing, upgrading, or even making his very own lexan body from scratch. who all have possibly hundreds of dollars wraped up into their xmods and tell them that they didnt devote enough time to their xmod. please. stfuagtfo. seriously.

donzii im sorry for the rant. Ill gladly take infractions for it if you feel its necessary. but that kid ****ed me the **** off, i cant hold that one back.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

i cant wait for SKV012a to enter next month's comp. i'm pretty impressed with the outcome considering the lack of parts available at RS and the fact that we thought they were discontinued til the new evo's came out. one thing to keep in mind is that people can't see your project up close, pictures are probably 50% of your success when you enter and SPR, besides having a nice project...had exceptional pictures. its not about who has the most modded car, it's about who has the most appealing car to a community of young R/C car enthusiasts.

Edit:
Let's keep the rants to a minimum from now on. Minimum meaning: if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself. Not singling anybody out, just chill.

Last edited by suicide_star; 01-04-2009 at 04:38 PM..
Old 01-04-2009, 04:41 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

SPR mentioned me in a rant :3 I feel special...
Old 01-04-2009, 04:42 PM
SPR

lancer mans pictures were WAAAAY better than mine. butt thank you for the compliment i need a better "studio" for taking pictures lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwanesekid05 View Post

LMAO. well you cant tell me it diidnt take you for ever to do that paint job.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:47 PM
LM Graphics

Haha....it's a lot easier to take pictures of a crawler than of a track car. Rocks are everywhere!

I voted for XXX. Love the idea of a Lexan body, and he had exceptional effort put into that car. Great work XXX!

The other entries are all great, also. I don't know how an argument got started....

Thanks for the votes everyone!

-LM

I will not be able to visit these forums very much anymore. If you need to contact me, please e-mail me at [email protected]. I will finish up all bodies I have and get them shipped to each of their owners. Thank you.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer_Man View Post
Haha....it's a lot easier to take pictures of a crawler than of a track car. Rocks are everywhere!

I voted for XXX. Love the idea of a Lexan body, and he had exceptional effort put into that car. Great work XXX!

The other entries are all great, also. I don't know how an argument got started....

Thanks for the votes everyone!

-LM
Well, someone said I had no effort put into my car ??? Anyway thanks. That Hummer is georgeous and was in my top 3. I love the color and the graveyard sillouhettes are cool as H - E - double hockey sticks.

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleXmodder(akaXXX) View Post
Well, someone said I had no effort put into my car ??? Anyway thanks. That Hummer is georgeous and was in my top 3. I love the color and the graveyard sillouhettes are cool as H - E - double hockey sticks.
that same person thinks putting contact paper on your car is cool

im jp.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:26 PM
late model, xmods, microt

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwanesekid05 View Post
same here lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer_Man View Post
-LM
+2

this is a very tough cotm. Who cares who wins as long as you are proud of your work and like your own car. if you don't like someone elses car, keep it to your self.

I still need to vote...can't decide... very tough.

Well thank for person who voted for me.

This wouldn't be a cotm or xmodsource.com if no one particpated in these sorts of things.
H-Crawler
Old 01-04-2009, 06:09 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
and im sorry but that line REAALLY ****es me the **** off. i want you to go PM

donzii im sorry for the rant. Ill gladly take infractions for it if you feel its necessary.
You think it ****es you off? To be honest, I bet I put a little more time into this competition than any of you did. I may not have entered a submission, but I'm the one that puts the whole shebang together.

I just ask that in the future you choose your words a little better, that's all, SPR.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 01-04-2009, 06:29 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You think it ****es you off? To be honest, I bet I put a little more time into this competition than any of you did. I may not have entered a submission, but I'm the one that puts the whole shebang together.

I just ask that in the future you choose your words a little better, that's all, SPR.
3 cheers to donzii for bringing us these BAD *** competitions and devoting his 2 hours in word to bring us this perfectly set up thread and amazing competition with one the of BEST turn outs ive ever seen for a XMS COTM. plus the most number of votes ive ever seen too!

HIP HIP! HOORAAY!

you got it on the word choice,
Old 01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
3 cheers to donzii for bringing us these BAD *** competitions and devoting his 2 hours in word to bring us this perfectly set up thread and amazing competition with one the of BEST turn outs ive ever seen for a XMS COTM. plus the most number of votes ive ever seen too!

HIP HIP! HOORAAY!

you got it on the word choice,
Plus the two hours driving to a RadioShack to get the Corvette prize. Plus the time I'll be spending in Post Office lines to send the prizes to the winner. Plus the time it takes to think up the general rules, write them down, order and correct them, ask the rest of the Staff if they're ok, make any changes they brought up, reorder it, post it. Answer all and any questions the forum public has to ask. Plus, typically redo the whole thread over again because of a **** forum glitch, lmfao. And then take into account that I do that process at least twice (submission thread and voting thread) and plus whatever other random competition bullspit that shows up over the course of the month. Then, do it all over again to typically no avail; leading to bullspit rants and pointless discussion ruining the whole fun part of competitions.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 01-04-2009, 07:10 PM
SPR

you remind me of my girlfriend complaining so much............ JK!! i totally understand your frustrations.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to merc3des

This is my input on these competitions:

They are excellently put together, and I appreciate Donzii for putting it together.

One thing I am dissapointed about is people not appreciating performance as much. I have put just as much time in to my car as other people, just in a different way. I soldered in new 3010 fets and tuned with tires for hours, taking as much time as a paint job.

All I'm saying is, performance is a lot less appreciated than good looks. I think I should clone my car 100 times and let 100 people try them

Mercedes Track Car v2 (50% finished) :
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18360

Comeback Supra Project (trust me tune in):
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20546