Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)
Default making a come back

well ive been considering picking up another xmod to mess around with since i have so much free time being laid off... im not a fan of the second gen cars for some reason (even tho i just purchased one lol) so i really want another first gen car. also want one that isn't the most common
i have a few that im looking at and want your guys opinions before i start pulling the trigger.
1 a blue subbie starter kit (what do you think the value is) it is used

the next is a blue subbie and a yellow skyline with a bunch of stuff that comes with it.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:48 PM
lets rocknrolla

Trader Rating: (0)

GEN-1's are more moddable and the overall design allows for more customization and modifications of your liking. EVO's are better built but they narrow down your alternatives to mess around with; mod-wise.
The one thing I definitely don't like is the electronic package; too bulky and flimsy but hey, you can always pop an EVO board in a GEN-1 or get aftermarket ESC's and receivers.

I have a lot of spare parts for GEN-1's and some alloy parts laying around. In fact, I'm thinking of putting a GEN-1 together with all the extra GPM alloy parts, AWD, etc.. I have and try to exchange it for either a mini-z or a RC bike.

I have a few EVO's and three GEN-1's fully loaded in all aspects but I'd like to also get my hands around other systems like the mini-z or the venom's.

godspeed.

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 02-23-2010 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: No buying and selling until you reach 100 posts and even then keep it to the correct sections.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

I really like the Gen.1 as well, but the range isn't as good as the evo series. The Gen.1 is what I started with so I like it more just for that reason.

I have a gen.1 chassis that I'm currently upgrading with 2x3 FETs, tight turns and power switch bypass in my free time. I'm thinking of making a tutorial from this board setup in progress. The tutorial would focus on helping those that don't have the nice equipment like I have. The full tutorial would be done with only a cheap soldering iron, solder and soldering braid.

Last edited by Action B; 02-23-2010 at 02:05 PM..
Old 02-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (19)

I like the evo more than the gen 1's but that's me. Probably why I traded most of them away but all the remaining ones are upgraded or on their way to it. Except one. Have not figured out what to do with that one yet. Might send it to you for the fet stack. I will let you know but good idea on the tut. But you do great work so it should help a lot of people.
I need alloy rims but not the rs alloy rims. If you have some you are willing to part with let me know. Paying top dollar for them and even better if they are top cad alloy rims as I will pay full price and a half for them.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:54 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

omg i was talking to ya on RCT!!(im rustler001)
back on topic
IMO gen1's are funner IF they work, for ex, every single gen1 ive had has had a steering problem(weak steering/doesnt turn all the way) i think the tight turns mod my atomic is a fix for that, gen1's remind me of a more "hobby grade" look if ya know what i mean, like for ex: the EVO and Street series IMHO look like a giant zip zap, they look foolish.. the gen1's look more "pro" if ya know what i mean

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Advance member

the gen 1's just dont seem like "toys" they have a more hobby grade feel to them.

and Dang it! why don't people like shipping internationally!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

i think its cause of customs and stuff, thats the reason i stopped offering international shipping, unless i actually know the person very well(or unless they pay me extra ontop of the extra shipping costs lol )

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Advance member

im in the us, trying to order from uk and yet they dont want to ship to me? very odd...
ill ship anywhere in the world at the buyers expense that's why i dont get it sometimes.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass_savage View Post
the gen 1's just dont seem like "toys" they have a more hobby grade feel to them.

and Dang it! why don't people like shipping internationally!
Like mentioned above, it is usually due to dealing with Customs. There is a bigger chance of an item getting lost or stolen due to Customs, therefore some sellers frown upon it regardless of shipping costs. I have ordered items from various parts of the world and have never had a problem, but that isn't to say that some sort of problem could arise from shipping across borders.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 02-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFTKO View Post
Like mentioned above, it is usually due to dealing with Customs. There is a bigger chance of an item getting lost or stolen due to Customs, therefore some sellers frown upon it regardless of shipping costs. I have ordered items from various parts of the world and have never had a problem, but that isn't to say that some sort of problem could arise from shipping across borders.
+1.

Thats why all eBay Xmods HK Sellers offer tracking numbers, other wise they wouldn't have such good feedback. Crap gets lost or stolen..
Old 02-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Advance member

ive dealt with a ton of international shipping, there are no hassles involved if you lable everything correctly and just put a tracking number... hell send it EMS
its not more of a pain to ship internationally then locally its one more sticker to fill out if that...