Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Beginner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2006, 07:20 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default xmod evolution vs xmod evolution truck edition

are thier any diferents between both of them ,meening speed and like turning stuff like that because i read somewere that the truck evo is realy slower then the regular evo
Old 12-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodking#1
are thier any diferents between both of them ,meening speed and like turning stuff like that because i read somewere that the truck evo is realy slower then the regular evo
Just the chassis design is slightly different, also thing about weigh between a car and truck.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:36 PM

^^ thanks alot and s thier any difrents between the speed
Old 12-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to viggy92

it is a drop slower because of the weight but u knt tell and the truck has way mor toque

lookin for a skyline
and does anyone live in jersey

E.S. RACING
PM TO JOIN
Old 12-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Stage 1 member

Electronically, they are identical. The differances I will list here:

Handling: car is better. Truck is too grippy and too fast for it's own good, will traction roll on most any surface.

Ground Clearance: truck gets this one. The car will high-center on a medium height carpet, and have enough trouble with an extremely thin one. The truck can still operate, even with completely bald rear tires and 2WD, on deep cut pile carpeting. They do suck in every bit of lint they can, so they'll need frequent delinting.

Outdoors operation: Truck. It's extra ground clearance enables it to operate on rough or uncleaned surfaces that would high-center the car. It's also able to negotiate some light dirt running, and if you have it, pea gravel. Pea gravel is simply regular gravel sized so it's realistic in relation to the truck. That stuff makes for fun drifts and dirty drivelines. I dont recommend any water crossings without ensuring the electronics are sealed, as the POT in the servo that tells the mainboard where the wheels are pointed is extremely low. Any water you run it through can seep in, as the servo isnt sealed, and corrode said pot. The steering will get even glitchier, if it even works at all. The only outdoor surface I'd recommend for a car is a garage floor or other similarly smooth and level paved surface that's regularly swept. The truck doesnt care, ittl just bounce around the surface, throw the rocks everywhere, drift through the dirt and ramp off that lump of grass in the driveway. If yer good, have the right parts and it's perfectly damp, you can get one pretty far off in the dirt and get it back out without having to walk out after it.

Speed: It's a matter of 30-40 feet per minute. They're both obscenely fast, part of the reason the truck is worse in handling. It's just as grippy, just as fast yet has a higher CG.

Accel: goes to the truck, it's slightly higher weight and extra torque will launch it off the line better, but the car will catch up eventually. If the reaction time is high enough, a truck can acually take a car in a drag, assuming both vehicles stock running idental MAH batts.

Towing: the trucks can acually tow a couple times their own weight if the trailer is strong enough. I built my trailer and hitch entirely out of legos, so i dont have to worry about it. The trailer is strong enough to hold a load the truck would never be able to move. This is only good on the titan and ford, the H2 cannot do this as it's body doesnt easily lend to a hitch. My hitch is held in by tension between the back window and the tailgate over a lego plate.

Battery life: Since I do not have a car, I have no info here regarding a comparison. I do have info on the truck tho: they hate alkalines, get some good NICD, NIMH or exotic AAAs in the pod and they'll pull wheelies on the right surface. They'll also eat their rear tires alive.

Custom bodies: Car. The truck's chassis has only two length settings, a change of which involves major rearend surgery. Look at the chassis of the H2 and the ford or titan and you'll notice the rear end case has a shorter protrusion on the hummer. This is because it's a shorter body. Lengthening it would require transferring the ENTIRE rear drivetrain to the new housing, which isnt an easy task for a novic. The car is simpler, tho you may have to lengthen motor wires. It can, theoretically, be lengthened indefinatly. Anyone wanna try for a three-foot stretch limo?

Battery mods: Truck. The extra ground clearance means you can hang that heavy battery pack underneath it, helping it's CG by adding weight to the bottom. It's torquey driveline is also better able to absorb the extra weight. These mods on a car involve a whole new chassis or slinging the pack on the top, causing them to behave like a truck from the extra weight.

Motor mods: They're equal here. The motors are located in the same manner, and the pinions are identical in pitch and dimensions. The drivetrains are also made of identical materials, so their strengths are the same.

Bottom line: choose base on preferance, but only if the surfaces your likely to run on are condusive to either model. If your house is 90% thick carpet, get a truck. If you plan on running outdoors, but dont have a good, well swept smooth surface, get the truck. Have fun no matter what you get.

1995 Toyota Landcruiser: missing in action, presumed dead.

Digital(video game): 2005 Dodge Ram hemi, 700+HP. Will pull 2Gs or 18,000#, but not both.

2003 Toyota Tacoma. Blows Dodge out of the water with ease. Will compete with, and barely beat, JGTC cars on their level if driver is skilled and agressive enough. Only a V6...
Old 12-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Banned

woa i guess that answered his question....lol
Old 12-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)

the board on a truck is different then the car, idk why though, where the servo motor wires are there is an extra resiter there i dont kno why its there but the car dosent have it i wana kno if that is why there a bigger tourque range i never had the time to test it out