Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 PM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux
Default My new Daily Driver

I'm not putting this in the build-off....as I'm not "planning" on modifying it almost at all.....we'll see how that goes.

Specs:
1989 Subaru XT6
4-speed Auto tranny
AWD. 2.7l Flat-6
4-wheel disc brakes
20mm sway bars (factory)
Air Suspension (automatically lowers the car at 55 mph)
Trip computer
Cruise
Air
Power windows/Locks

also came with boxes of spare parts (best way to buy a car! a subaru person getting out of subarus....)

107k miles. $1000. I stole it

now, what you've all been waiting for...pics. Took it for a drive along Skyline Parkway here in town, and got a ton of good pictures.

it was hit in the rear quarter a few years ago, and the repair is starting to flake and rust. I'll have to get on this, probably in the spring.

at one point, I pulled in behind an H6 outback, and saw the "H6-3.0" badge on the back. Which gave me an idea.....a few minutes in photoshop, and I think I'll be ordering some decals here very soon.

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC
Old 12-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

That is the ugliest car I have ever seen. I bet it's a real fun DD though.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

gotta love those subarus man that air suspention is pretty sweet i didnt know the car lowers its self at 55. that little awd thing could be a peace of heavon with some 'little" things (such as a turbo or supercharger) and a nice set of wheels and a suspention hope you have hella fun with it!

FOR SALE!
SCION TC WITH B/K.
HUMMER BODY AND BK.
ACURA NSX BODY WITH FRONT CLIP.
G35 WITH B/K.
SOME SUSPENTION STUFF.
SWEET CUSTOM TRAILER.
PM ME.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:01 PM
SPR

not meaning any disrespect by this...

But why do you bring home so many "beaterish" cars. you obviously have money. Why not go for one nice car? Just curious...

although i do want that car, i need the disc brakes off it! rest is good scrap metal i guess lol.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

That is a sweet car.Take off he back rack and put a nice wing on it.Also give it a rally look.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:12 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

nice. get the repair done, paint it up, and maybe rennovate the exhaust and interior. (exhaust looks so rusty...)
Old 12-02-2008, 11:56 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Wow - looks like a Honda and Toyota welded down the middle But don't get me wrong! That thing is sweet!! Flip head lights rule!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 12-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Nice H6 one of the rare subie
fix up the body
Old 12-03-2008, 12:17 AM
That's what she said.

That's pretty sweet. I think I saw a turbo version the other day while biking home. When I saw it, I was thinking "WTF? This is a Subaru?"
Old 12-03-2008, 12:24 AM
DONE!!!!

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to blue504life

its ugly sorry to say it, the rear badges would look good on it thou

Did you know, that brawndo's got what plants crave?
Old 12-03-2008, 01:55 AM
The Daywalker

Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
not meaning any disrespect by this...

But why do you bring home so many "beaterish" cars. you obviously have money. Why not go for one nice car? Just curious...

although i do want that car, i need the disc brakes off it! rest is good scrap metal i guess lol.
you're a ****. I love my loyale, it is not a beater. my 4runner is in awesome shape for what I paid for it, and will only get better. and this will outrun any other stock N/A subaru (with the possible exception of the new 3.0R sedan....but I bet even that would be too heavy). in fact, it'll pretty easily outrun the loyale in a straight line. and wouldn't be far behind in the twisties.

yes, I could sell them all and have a few thousand dollars to put towards one car to.....well.....one car could not do everything I love (autoX, RallyX, Ice Racing, Rock Crawling, and reliably go 3-400/week for work).

"the next time you have a thought.......just let it go"

no, the looks aren't for everyone. and if I were choosing the options from the dealer, I wouldn't have done it quite this way. but, that rack on the trunk lid is held in with about 35 screws. I'm not filling all those holes. so it stays.

the exhaust is fairly new, but just plain steel from a muffler shop, so it's got some surface rust on the tips, I'll probably try to pull them up closer to the body, and possibly cut them short and put a pair of turndowns on them to hide them. of course, I might put a whole new exhaust on it to let the H6 roar out.

no, it will not be getting any power mods. especially not forced induction. these older-gen subaru motors are really not terribly boost friendly (even the ones that were turbo from the factory)

the interior is mint, that will not be touched. and I love these seats (I have the same ones in my loyale).

oh yea, I forgot to mention.....it's a got a drag coefficient of .29. a C6 corvette has a .28.....yea, that's why it's so ugly. it really was styled in a wind tunnel, not a drawing board. Bugatti should have tried this with their Veyron, which in it's slipperiest mode has a .39!

Last edited by Numbchux; 12-03-2008 at 02:07 AM..
Old 12-03-2008, 02:05 AM
SPR

Im not a **** thank you very much
Old 12-03-2008, 02:50 AM
The Daywalker

whatever you have to tell yourself....

it just occurred to me why every other site I post this on, I get positive reactions....except this one. this car is probably older than most of you. no wonder you have no appreciation for crazy '80s styling.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:38 AM
SPR

hey i love loyale sedans dont get my wrong. i know what you mean by loving crazy 80's styling, most my friends are like WTF? but that doesnt change its a beater car. not worth a ****, most are junked up broked down beaters... nothing worth braging about.

i was just wondering why you decide to bring sooo many home at a time... i love projects and all. but id dont want 5 cars with out decent paint jobs sitting in front of my house with out atleast one nicer pretty new car with shinny paint.

edit*

and im older than that car :P

also, every post ive seen you make latley seems to be pretty negative. Specially on any thread i have ever opened. Maybe thats why you think you get so many negative reactions on here?

Last edited by SPR; 12-03-2008 at 03:42 AM..
Old 12-03-2008, 03:59 AM
The Daywalker

because shiny paint isn't even on my priority list for new cars.

this is far from a beater. and neither is my loyale.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:55 AM
SPR

well my appologies.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbchux View Post
you're a ****. I love my loyale, it is not a beater. my 4runner is in awesome shape for what I paid for it, and will only get better. and this will outrun any other stock N/A subaru (with the possible exception of the new 3.0R sedan....but I bet even that would be too heavy). in fact, it'll pretty easily outrun the loyale in a straight line. and wouldn't be far behind in the twisties.

yes, I could sell them all and have a few thousand dollars to put towards one car to.....well.....one car could not do everything I love (autoX, RallyX, Ice Racing, Rock Crawling, and reliably go 3-400/week for work).

"the next time you have a thought.......just let it go"

no, the looks aren't for everyone. and if I were choosing the options from the dealer, I wouldn't have done it quite this way. but, that rack on the trunk lid is held in with about 35 screws. I'm not filling all those holes. so it stays.

the exhaust is fairly new, but just plain steel from a muffler shop, so it's got some surface rust on the tips, I'll probably try to pull them up closer to the body, and possibly cut them short and put a pair of turndowns on them to hide them. of course, I might put a whole new exhaust on it to let the H6 roar out.

no, it will not be getting any power mods. especially not forced induction. these older-gen subaru motors are really not terribly boost friendly (even the ones that were turbo from the factory)

the interior is mint, that will not be touched. and I love these seats (I have the same ones in my loyale).

oh yea, I forgot to mention.....it's a got a drag coefficient of .29. a C6 corvette has a .28.....yea, that's why it's so ugly. it really was styled in a wind tunnel, not a drawing board. Bugatti should have tried this with their Veyron, which in it's slipperiest mode has a .39!

Im with SPR,blue504life, and ling on this.....Why dont you get a newer Subaru if you can buy a **** beater every week?
Old 12-03-2008, 07:15 AM
auto body tech

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via Yahoo to spitfire

i kinda like it. it looks like a bad *** honda crx.
my 91 cutlass is basicly a bramd new car,
but i would trade it for that suby any day.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

I sowwy numbchux, If you love it, its no beater. =)

Last edited by HUMMER H4; 12-03-2008 at 08:18 PM..
Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

hey numbchux i actualy like this subie since it kinda looks like the 87 accord lol witch i want to get one lol but with like alot of work done to it my friend has one and her boyfirend put a new motor in it and did some body work to it and i think its a cute car lol

but no im stuck with my 91 accord with a crappy f22a1 thats only got like 140 stock blah i mean yeah i have a cold air intake and a full 2 3/4'' exhaust witch is supose to be good, but idk.

im just happy my new motor and transmission is done and going to be droped in my car pretty soon ill be running a h22a with a jdm lsd transmission after its all droped in and dynoed.

i was told i should be getting about 200 hp while im just running it on the doch since the guy whos putting it in doesnt know how to hook up the v-tech so ill have to wait on that but after that it should be pushing 260 270hp i think.

and then with my intake headers and exhaust maybe 300hp so i cant wait

i say good find on this light weight h6 your pretty lucky

but i have a question you didnt mention if it was awd front wheel?