Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic > Gamers Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Need Help With My Xbox360

i need some help with my xbox it is not working the 3 red lights are coming up on the power does any one know what i should do
Old 06-13-2007, 01:34 PM
[Not-your-day] - Badass

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to noturday

from what i heard, the way to fix it is to make sure your power block on the power cord is suspended in a way that it can put off heat in all directions. if its laying an the floor it will overheat and cause that problem. hope that helps, later

Team XI
Old 06-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Stage 2 member

i dont remember if it was 3 or 1 red lights but as soon as i took my 360 out of the box that happend. It was my hard drive, i took it back to Best Buy and they just gave me another one becasue i had the warrantry. You may have to ship it back to microsoft to get it fixed

My Car
Old 06-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned

it just happen today the power block is on the floor i maybe get a new block i do not think that it is the hard drive

Last edited by speed3326; 06-13-2007 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 06-13-2007, 04:24 PM
[Not-your-day] - Badass

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to noturday

u dont need a new block, just suspend it in the air somehow, on a open box or with some string

Team XI
Old 06-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Banned

i think it is for the power cord
Old 06-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned

it makes a loud noise when it turnes on
Old 06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Luk3 Send a message via MSN to Luk3 Send a message via Yahoo to Luk3

you got the three red lights of death

you got 2 options

return and get a new one
or call up microsoft

ive had this a few times.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Stage 2 member

Send a message via MSN to monstertruggy

i must b lucky cuz i have had mine since last christmas. i think every 2/4 popel get red lights. now it is only about 1/4 now. ya have 2 get a new 1 though i think. unless m$ can fix the problem
Old 06-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

thinks for help
Old 06-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Xmod Expert

i only read the first post but...i mod xbox's....

1. make sure it is not on carpet or anything soft...the box has to breath...stand it up on a hard surface...

2. if its not overheating...buy new cords....

3. if you have done any mods that are soft mods...(does not involve fisically putting anything into the box...only putting software...) find someone who does a hardmod near you and get them to do that....

you dont know how many people come to me and say "i messed up my xbox with softmod....or by putting a program on to it..." let someone who knows how to do it, do it... hard mods are the way to go...if you dont know what im talking about just google xbox mods or something and youll find out....

4. if these dont work buy a Disccleaner CD and try it...believe it or not ive seen two xbox 360 and about 5 originals that stop working because people dont clean the air intakes and exits and the dust gets in there and messes things up...Disc cleaner is the way to go...(if you dont know what it is...it is basically a CD that has brushs or a fan type part on it and it will clean the inside on the reader part....)...i see more originals because they have been out for longer and morte dust has gotten in by now...

from above...clean your xbox regularly take a normal towel and just run it along the intakes and the entire thing...

6. never move your xbox while it is on

7. never turn your xbox upside down...

8.never subject your xbox (i keep wanting to type xmod...lol) to harsh quick movements....such as those that a paint shaker makes...lol there is a video on youtube where they put an xbox that is on and plugged in into a paint shaker and watch it like blow up...lol

9. if it still doesnt work you my friend have a defective xbox...or you did something very bad to it...posibly even something above that killed it...lol

take your xbox back and say that it never worked in the first place...if they dont take it back well then at least you learned a valuable lesson...keep your valued possesions safe...and might i say it was an expensive leson...

if you want your xbox hardmoded it should only cost 30-50$ if you want a soft mod it should only cost 25$ no more....i dont recomend soft mod...

hope this works
Old 06-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Luk3 Send a message via MSN to Luk3 Send a message via Yahoo to Luk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
i only read the first post but...i mod xbox's....

if you want your xbox hardmoded it should only cost 30-50$ if you want a soft mod it should only cost 25$ no more....i dont recomend soft mod...
MODDING IS A NO NO BAD ME ME modding = microsft blocking your xbox so you cant get on live..its proof dont belive me pm me and ill send the link
Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned

thanks for help i will see if that works meme405
Old 06-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Xmod Expert

...yeah i know that if you mod an exbox it doesnt work on live....but it works until they find out and block it....mine still hasnt been blocked...

ill explain why...they find out you have moded your xbox when you log onto live with a non microsoft game...one without the inscrpition...this inscripiton is imposible to copy...therefore you need a modded xbox to run fake games...but if you log onto live with a fake game they know youve modded your xbox and ban it other than that they cant do anything...well they could but they wont...other than that basically if you use real games on live and fake games not on live it will continue to work believe me i have had an original xbox moded for 3 years...not blocked...i give this advice to all the people whose xbox i mod...

BTW this is something that i did before i knew about what was above...i feel bad so dont call me a jerk...some guy gave me his xbox and left me with it...i moded it...but just before mine had been blocked...i gave him mine...and took his brand new one that hadnt been blocked...yes i feel bad and if i knew where he was i would give it back...but it was 2 years ago...
Old 06-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Banned

when i turn my xbox 360 on it does nothing it turns red right a way and i do not even see it on my tv it was working on monday
Old 06-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Xmod Expert

if it was working monday it was definetly something someone did or somethin g that happened to it...people always come in and say oh it was wroking then it wasnt then i find out that they took it to europe plugged it in and decided that its the hotels fault because their xbox is broken...then they bring it to me and say that i did it while i moded it...so i open it to find that the entire things is fried and worth nothing not even in parts value besides the case...so i get angry and throw it out my window...true story(not the window part...)

hope you can get it fixed though...im just saying that something happedned to it...

PS i dont mod Xbox's from people who ship...only from people who come right to me... it costs 45$ and i guarantee my work...

i have done it too exactly 48 people's boxe's both original and 360...soon i will start doing PS3's
Old 06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

mine died, left it alone 4 a month... alive again!!
Old 06-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned

what do you mean by mod it and i think i found out what it is the power block because it does not even turn on now so i am going to get a power block one of these days