Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

I heard you had a secret weapon under the hood of your car. I won't **** with that.

There's over a quarter of a million 4th gen Firebirds alone, I'll have no trouble with parts.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 05-06-2011, 04:03 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Saving up for a set of wheels and tires through SS's friend, which include a set of super sticky rears. Playing with an iPhone app that calculates a drag run from GPS and g-force data, this is where the car basically sits. 85 degree night, airbrakes (I mean headlights) up, lolnotraction on the only road I can use, but roughly 14.57 is decent. 2.76 60 foot is the lack of traction, but new tires will solve that.

Fun app to **** around with. When ever new tires get here, burnout fun shall be had.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 05-16-2011, 01:57 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

DSC_0135 by texan_idiot25, on Flickr

DSC_0157 by texan_idiot25, on Flickr

Old 07-23-2011, 02:04 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

GEEE, this was fun.

Guess what failed? Because your guess would be as good as mine. Seems either the pilot or throw out bearing was failing, causing a hellacious rattling noise when the cluch was fully disengaged, but at least I pulled the clutch at a good time as the friction was less than a few months/a year a way from slipping.

Say herrow to dual friction clutch time!

It's like brass on the flywheel side, and ceramic on the pressure plate side. Healthy increase in grip with out being super chatty, and isn't prone to getting mad at a few launches.. Few bucks below an ACDELCO stock clutch, so all is good in the world. Everything gets here monday.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

what ap is that for the iphone?
my vette gets that 1-4 shift light to flash aswel. there is a kit that's just plug and play to disable it or your can do what you did. you get it if you install a short shifter.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:01 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass_savage View Post
what ap is that for the iphone?
my vette gets that 1-4 shift light to flash aswel. there is a kit that's just plug and play to disable it or your can do what you did. you get it if you install a short shifter.
My phone is dead right now, I'll grab the app name later. The kit for these cars is literally the other connector with a resister built in. 20 bucks for 5 bucks in parts...

Anyways, new clutch in last week. Fairly painless job, and the clutch has broken in fairly well in under 100 miles. It grabs HARD. Where a fast 1-2 shift would just chirp the tires, the new clutch grabs hard enough to make the whole interior shudder. You never notice what incredibly slight slip a stock clutch has on a quick shift until you get an upgraded one.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:07 AM

Trader Rating: (0)

How long didthat clutch take you to put in? it took me and a freind two weeks to put on in a honda civic and it was the first time we both did it and I ended up doing like all the work but it was fun and your right with the little bit of slip because now I can get through all five gears quick but first and second are the two gears the tires just like to spin in. Have fun with that buetiful machine
Old 08-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Maybe 10 hours to drop it, including ****ing around, eating, drinking, ****ing around some more. Less than 5 to put it all back together, and with air tools this time around.

FWD transmissions are a good bit more of a pain in the ***.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 08-03-2011 at 04:09 PM..