Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic > Gamers Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default Project Ghetto-Box

I'm one of the few still with out a modern consol. Still rockin' the PS2.

But, time to go forward. But, rather than pay 300 for a new system, why not build it up? Since, you know... I have a history of buying broken down things and building them up (Firebird, CST/10, Xmods), so why not here?

It's a RROD system, but, I have the tools to properly fix by reflowing it the right way. So, $45 later, I have a console, and 10 minuets after that:

Gotta say, the 360 is one cheap piece of trash. Plastics are thin and flimsy. The Mobo is flimsy as hell too. Not to mention, this is a newer system witht he beefed up cooling system and it still RROD.. Nice work microsoft!

Never the less, I broke the case down more and got the front button off and went to priming this thing. Then, down goes the mettalic gunmetal.

Painted thick enough to be the body color, but thin enough to let light pass threw, so when lit up the icon shows threw the paint.

The rustoleum primer sucks, gave the whole body of this thing a texture, but nothing that a good wet sand and polish won't smooth out.

Just a mock up of what it'll look like.

Just gotta make a trip to go get my heat gun, and a ifrared thermometer, and some flux and thermo paste and it'll be good as new. My friend at work will give me a 20 gig drive from his RROD system that he destroyed, and I have a friend at a gaming store that can get me AV cables and the power brick. Just gotta get some controllers, and for under 100 bucks, I have a 300 dollar system.