Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Frequently imitated, never copied, the original XMS girl... M0DEL!

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to M0DEL Send a message via MSN to M0DEL
Default Project Teggy Type-R; yay!

So, I found myself bored again, and just recently sold my teggy. Even though it was a DA, ermm, and this isn't, andddd the teg was of ugly colors, and this isnt. I still dedicate this project to my old teg!

My plans are to just 'do', because I have no plans.
Suggestions as always are welcome...

First off, this could not be made possible without my little helper...
well that's what he thinks, hehe

I love how camera's show the flaws, makes it easier to fix. This is basically 2 layers of paint, because I went back and fixed the flaws. It's actually almostALMOST perfect.

The glue stripped off some of the paint ))):

More pics/updates later!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:43 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Not bad, not bad at all... needs a few touch ups but looks like you have the gold pretty much under control.

I would say fix the few flaws especially where the glue stripped away the paint, don't know what your using to paint with but if its a rattle can spray a bit into the lid and use a fine brush to do some cover up work. Then once the gold base is done think about an accent color... black maybe, for the window trim, the gas cap, door handles, etc, take a look at some of the projects from Surgeon he's become a master at fine detailing that really sets the model body off.....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 07-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Advance member

Not a bad start, I was thinking about picking up that kit....guess not anymore.

I would add matt black to the window trims, if you hand paint it, do it carefully, take your time and use a toothpick when you get the edge.

It kind of reminds me of the top-secret cars:

Maybe go with a matt black hood and black sponsor stacks and rims. You could also use that kits white decals and give it white wheels with black accents, it might present itself as gaudy, but it can be pulled off. Black euros and sidemirrors.

Are you planning on doing the interior?

My 2 cents.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:17 PM

Hmm, good ideas! I'm looking forward to detailing the trim :]

& surgeon you live awfully close, so any advice you have, I can go drop the car off on your porch and tell you to have fun jk

I'm digging both of those cars too. Kind of gives me an idea for lights with gold housing. I'll see what's next after the touch ups!
Old 07-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0DEL View Post
Hmm, good ideas! I'm looking forward to detailing the trim :]

& surgeon you live awfully close, so any advice you have, I can go drop the car off on your porch and tell you to have fun jk

I'm digging both of those cars too. Kind of gives me an idea for lights with gold housing. I'll see what's next after the touch ups!
I have more than enough projects right now, so it would be awhile. plus you need the experiencs.

One more suggestion, when mounting my Sil-80, I realized hatchbacks are a paint to mount, so I used an L bracket with an xmods tire on the end. It friction fits into the opening on the chassis' rear clip piece...worked out great.

Also, get some Tacky glue. It can be found in the hobby section of wal-mart, it is a lot like elmer's glue, but stronger. It dries clear and is water soluable, so you can always drop the model in a buckett and wait if you need to re-paint or touch up. It works great for lenses, windows, spoilers, mirrors, etc.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Looks good That colour is really nice. I can't believe only two layers of paint and she already looks good eh? Shame the glue messed up that gorgeous paint job just a brush and the same paint would do for sure good luck

Oh, and cute Rabbit

Blade.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:34 AM

Little update..

I started on the trim, erghhh, looks bad. Probably going to go over it again. :[
And I did repaint the spoiler, and any other minor flaws i'm going over with a brush (because most are in the cracks.)

and someone asked about the bunny... he's a slacker... :|
Old 07-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Advance member

Looking good so far. You might try using a toothpick for the trim, I personally find it helpful. Also keep a damp rag nearby, so if you accidentally go over an edge you can wipe it clean before it has time to dry.

If the rabbit isn't putting in his honest day's work, deputize the guinea pig.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:00 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

haha **** slackers...too cute btw...good luck with your project looks like you r off to a good start

Team X.I.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

like the color cant wait to see how it turns out. btw the pic with the with the slackers there it looks more like a long night for the bunny and gorging on carrots. lol
Old 07-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to Spoon_Tuner

A girl that does models and has the username of MODEL.Thats crazy!

Did you use gloss black for the trim pieces? It looks good from the angle you shot the picture. If you have stuff thats off the trim and getting on the doors you know door meets the trim take a hobby knife's tip and lightly go over the crevise of where the door meets the trim.

Confused?

What type of paints? That looks like a Testors color.

Your a traitor! Real Integra owners NEVER give up on their car through thick and thin come hell or high water...

Guess what? Theres even a deaf dude at our meets and he has a pretty sweet car. Come check us out sometime. Dont give up on DA just yet!
Old 07-12-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Tuner View Post
A girl that does models and has the username of MODEL.Thats crazy!

Did you use gloss black for the trim pieces? It looks good from the angle you shot the picture. If you have stuff thats off the trim and getting on the doors you know door meets the trim take a hobby knife's tip and lightly go over the crevise of where the door meets the trim.

Confused?

What type of paints? That looks like a Testors color.

Your a traitor! Real Integra owners NEVER give up on their car through thick and thin come hell or high water...

Guess what? Theres even a deaf dude at our meets and he has a pretty sweet car. Come check us out sometime. Dont give up on DA just yet!

LOL, that DA is gonnnneeee! To be honest, I dont know how many miles it really had, haha. It was leaking tranny fluid, and oil in the spark plugs - idling insane. It had few interesting mods though, but ohwellll! It left me on the side of the highway

I've actually been using a tooth pick! I also noticed the paint I have has little green flecks in it.. erghhh... :| Well it looks like
Old 07-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

That's a very nice shade. The window trim does set the paint off nicely. My suggestions on the rims, maybe a 5 or 6 spoke rim? RSX, Nissan, Enkei, Tenzo, Supra, or even the 7 Spoke Civic rims, painted black with a silver/chrome lip, or Gunmetal with a silver/chrome lip?

Argh. Those darn pets eh? Cute but lazy

Good luck on the final product

Blade.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to Spoon_Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0DEL View Post
LOL, that DA is gonnnneeee! To be honest, I dont know how many miles it really had, haha. It was leaking tranny fluid, and oil in the spark plugs - idling insane. It had few interesting mods though, but ohwellll! It left me on the side of the highway

I've actually been using a tooth pick! I also noticed the paint I have has little green flecks in it.. erghhh... :| Well it looks like

It didnt leave you on the side on the highway. You left it!

Try Tamiya paints, their expensive but you wont run into the flecks in it at all.