Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default 1940 Ford Pickup Project

Well, I was going through some boxes the other day, because I'm moving this month and all that jazz, when I ran across this here. This poor model looked like it had been through the oven, the glue has melted and most of the parts had fallen off (I kinda threw it all together in the pics) And then an idea hit me. This would be the perfect base for something similar to "Project HRT." "Trucks!" fans would understand, if not, here's a pic: Clicky!. Ill probably dig into this next month-ish, seeing as I'm moving and my COTM entry trumps this project at the moment, but I just wanted to see what you guys think. Here are some pictures of the truck as it sits now:

I'm actually going to take my time on this project, its going to need a lot of trimming, smoothing and fabricating, and I want it to be the best I've ever done. (So that I can challenge myself with the next project, lol) Anyway, thoughts, suggestions, rants, raves, flames, I don't care, just looking for some input.

P.S. I apologize for the blurry pictures... My cheap camera doesn't like small details for some reason...

Edit: I know I said I would leave this one alone, but I just couldn't. I want to at least get it on a chassis. The rear fit perfectly, I couldn't ask for a better fit there. However, the front didn't work out so well. Guess who has to build another unorthodox chassis for his project? I do. I basically had to take the steering/servo part of the chassis and cut it in half. Ill show it off later when I finish it, but with the front tires tucked back a bit, I have a full range of steering even with the big rims and low ride height. Anyway, here's some more teasers, and once again, forgive me for the blur...

Last edited by AJB32690; 06-12-2009 at 03:32 AM..
Old 06-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Elite member

****Update*****

Okay, I lied about holding off on this one, its just too cool not to mess with. Top is chopped and some putty is on, not quite done yet, but wanted to show off what Ive got so far. Its not mounted yet, It will probably end up sitting slightly higher than it is now, just enough to give the tires some clearance (The rears are rubbing the fenders now) Oh yeah, ignore the sharpie, I got bored and started drawing on it, lol, I'm a little ADD... Oh yeah, and I'm listening to Social Distortion as I build this,

It looks so much better with the chopped top, IMO.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 AM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

question.... are u SURE the car TURNS? it just looks like there is no space for the car to turn

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 06-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
question.... does the car TURN? it just looks like there is no space for the car to turn
Actually, it does. I have to design a custom steering set-up for it (I just need a new servo and I'm set) Ill take a few pictures of that later, when the rest of the chassis is pieced together.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Freedom Provider

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to XmodzICON82

that is one pretty sweet looking truck you have...makes me want to go out and get one to build on....the chop top does look good on it btw...
Old 06-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

That truck looks sweet, makes me wanna get a truck and do that.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Elite member

Thanks guys. Ive got another hot rod truck in the process as well, but that one has already been packed away. Moving sucks, lol.