Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to minesskylineracer
Default custom chassis

does anyone no where to buy custom chassis as of now i hav 3 chassis melted and screwed together for my rail dragster the chassis r like 11 inches long and has stock rear and front end set up so i basically need an extended xmods chassis that can handle the speed im trying 2 get out of my car (ps my speed as of now is about 70 mph in 2 minutes of run time on a full quarter mile track, my road) but im trying 2 get 80 to 90 im trying 2 get the fastest one out there and i need lighter chassis 2 get there im getting a new lipo pack 2day that should up the speed a bit but my car is really some thing u dont want 2 see its so ugly ill post pics as soon as i get a new usb cable for my cam once i get it done u can go 2 moroso in florida i 4get wut city though and youll see me there once a month on im pretty sure the third sunday
Old 03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Xmod Expert

Default Re: custom chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesskylineracer
does anyone no where to buy custom chassis as of now i hav 3 chassis melted and screwed together for my rail dragster the chassis r like 11 inches long and has stock rear and front end set up so i basically need an extended xmods chassis that can handle the speed im trying 2 get out of my car (ps my speed as of now is about 70 mph in 2 minutes of run time on a full quarter mile track, my road) but im trying 2 get 80 to 90 im trying 2 get the fastest one out there and i need lighter chassis 2 get there im getting a new lipo pack 2day that should up the speed a bit but my car is really some thing u dont want 2 see its so ugly ill post pics as soon as i get a new usb cable for my cam once i get it done u can go 2 moroso in florida i 4get wut city though and youll see me there once a month on im pretty sure the third sunday
I call bs on you hitting 60. Post vids and we'll talk.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Elite member

i would but i need a new usb cable and i said 2 see it in real life go 2 moroso in fl unless u live really far away like out of state and y do u not believe it wen other people r getting theres 2 do 60 mph and act like its no big deal if u look through my posts it has my setup in one if them and i hav a 1/1.5 ratio w/ 1/10th scale rc tires in the rear w/ a custom wound 10turn motor from a t2 it takes the entire track 2 get up 2 speed but it does it and i hav a mini mauler electronics set up in it not xmod so its hobby class im getting a lipo pack 2 day and bringing it 2 my local track 2morrow 2 test the speed and once i get the money im upgrading 2 a brushless and i am looking 4 cf chassis 4 it im hoping 2 hav the sarasota record soon its pretty close and i still dont no the fastest car so i9 cant try 4 that its prob like 110 or sumthing ive seen 2 videos on google of people getting there car 2 100 w/ a setup like mine but even larger tires if i had stock tires it do like 30 try it its harder on the motor but everytime the wheel spins once its like stock tire spinning 5 times think it helps
Old 03-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
i would but i need a new usb cable and i said 2 see it in real life go 2 moroso in fl unless u live really far away like out of state and y do u not believe it wen other people r getting theres 2 do 60 mph and act like its no big deal if u look through my posts it has my setup in one if them and i hav a 1/1.5 ratio w/ 1/10th scale rc tires in the rear w/ a custom wound 10turn motor from a t2 it takes the entire track 2 get up 2 speed but it does it and i hav a mini mauler electronics set up in it not xmod so its hobby class im getting a lipo pack 2 day and bringing it 2 my local track 2morrow 2 test the speed and once i get the money im upgrading 2 a brushless and i am looking 4 cf chassis 4 it im hoping 2 hav the sarasota record soon its pretty close and i still dont no the fastest car so i9 cant try 4 that its prob like 110 or sumthing ive seen 2 videos on google of people getting there car 2 100 w/ a setup like mine but even larger tires if i had stock tires it do like 30 try it its harder on the motor but everytime the wheel spins once its like stock tire spinning 5 times think it helps
I happen to have a 60+ mph xmod myself, but the reason I call bs because it's doubtful that you've built one, and it's an unlikely story. If you've done this, what are the li-pos themselves and did you put on fets or use an external turbo? I'm still calling bs.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Elite member

i used the electronics from a mini mauler itll handle a 600 series motor it needs no fets there stand fets and there 10 amperes rated and wut do u mean bye wut r li-pos them selves their half a pound lighter then my nimh aas thats wut they r and i didnt exactly build it its just stock xmod set up w/ minimauler electronics a gear ratio 3 chassis put together and big wheels in the rear it was a 6 hour build then like 5 days of testing and ive built many custom rcs i buy them from rs and upgrade everything resistors r down graded caps r up graded and everything is shaved down w/ new motors its my thing i hav alot of spare time and my cousin has alot of spare parts
Old 03-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)
Default Re: custom chassis

Quote:
I call bs on you hitting 60. Post vids and we'll talk.
Same here show some pics.

BTW: Yea viper knows what li-pos are. Lmao vipers xmod will own yours in reverse im sure.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
i used the electronics from a mini mauler itll handle a 600 series motor it needs no fets and wut do u mean bye wut r li-pos them selves their half a pound lighter then my nimh aas thats wut they r and i didnt exactly build it its just stock xmod set up w/ minimauler electronics a gear ratio 3 chassis put together and big wheels in the rear it was a 6 hour build then like 5 days of testing and ive built many custom rcs i buy them from rs and upgrade everything resistors r down graded caps r up graded and everything is shaved down w/ new motors its my thing i hav alot of spare time and my cousin has alot of spare parts
Not only is the Mini Mauler electronics package not sold by itself, which makes the story unlikey, but it gets better for you people watching. Mini Mauler electronics are too wide for an xmod frame, and they also don't support 600 series motors.

You obviously don't build other custom R/Cs, otherwise you'd know a lot more about li-pos than what you wrote. They are not only lighter, but they also pump out 3.6 volts of juice. Not only that, but if you wired up more than 2 cell pack, you'd fry the Mini-Mauler ESC since it can only take 8.4 volts. Go somewhere where they'll actually believe you.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

YEA! You just got told son. Don't cry , but he just told you and proved that you are full of it. OWNED
Old 03-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Stage 2 member

OOOOOOOOOOOO! You just got SLAMMED!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 09:30 PM

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!! now thats some serious shyt
Old 03-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Elite member

you guys r retards i said i got a mini mauler and took the electronics out of it not bought new electronics ohhhhhhhhhhh who got "slammed" now
Old 03-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
you guys r retards i said i got a mini mauler and took the electronics out of it not bought new electronics ohhhhhhhhhhh who got "slammed" now
You still missed the point that mini mauler electronics are too big for an xmod.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:54 PM

Quote:

um you?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to speedemon90

no you exactly said "i used the electronics from a mini mauler itll handle a 600 series motor " and "i didnt exactly build it its just stock xmod set up w/ minimauler electronics " so now you tring to bs yourself in to thinkin you got a fast mod

minesskylineracer and where did you say anywhere in the conversation did you say you took the mauler electronics out of your xmod
Old 03-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Elite member

i didnt say it in this conversation and they arent 2 big the chip is actually 2 inches by 1 inch by 1/2 inch so it goes 2 show wut u no and my electronics can since they hav upgraded fets 2 4 15 amperes rated it comes stock w/ 4 10 amperes and its not even in a stock setup notice extended chassis and rail dragster hint hint if u no even the littelist bit about racing the rail dragster is the long skinny car and i did post pics look at the topic pics