Go Back   XmodSource.com > Competitions > XMS Competitions > XMS Competition Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkysTheLimit View Post
The point of the price limit and time limit especially of the experts competition is to press your creativity and to make good use of what you have. If there were no price limit, it wouldn't be so fair as some people would just pour GPM and electronic turbos into their cars for the chassis whereas people with more experience will create custom chassis with equal "bling" appeal but won't get the credit when compared with GPM.

No surprises I'm all in for doing this comp, just did my first one and it was great. Time is a bit stressful but just make sure you plan everything out and know you'll have enough time before you enter one.

Let's have some fun!
Think about what you like to see when you look through build threads. Price limit doesn't press your creativity... I don't wanna go to the forum to see Xmods with tin foil on them. I go here to see all the wonderful builds and Price is irrelivent.

The new COTM idea is great...... My suggestion is:

No theme .. you will attract more entries due to obvious reasons.
Ditch the price limit .. you will attract more entries for obvious reasons.

Most people on here have a special ability and mod differently. for example my main thing is CF. The Carbon fiber alone would be my build $ limit. I wouldn't be able to do what I like to do for comps. There are many others that would fall under this same category and you would lose some great builds.

Think about it.

eitherway great idea with the classes.

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901