Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default RadioShack.com The End of Xmods?

I don't know how many of you ever look on the RadioShack.com website for Xmods stuff, but I know about a month ago or so the website sold all of the standard RS upgrades (bearings, wheels, lights, S2 motor, etc) and now All I see is vehicles (Hummer, Mustang, Evo VIII, Scion tC, Titan, F150, Firebird) and no accessories. Also I've noticed that most of the accessories (even the tool kits) are on clearance of Radio Shack... I know there's a few users on here that work for RS or have close ties with people that work at RS, maybe they can chime in on whats going on.

It doesn't make a huge difference to me because I'm getting out of Xmods, but there seems to be a large interest and fanbase in them? Maybe more people are moving to Mini-Z or larger scale vehicles? (I'm actually moving on to the RC18B)

WHATS THE DEAL?!?!?!?!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:41 AM

i know because i live in canada, and all the radioshack companies have been purchased by the source by circuit city, so in canada or at least saskatoon sk, radioshack is no more, but the source still sells xmod stuff, but im assuming that is what is happening, the source also sold all the xmod stuff and anything with the radioshack logo to a liquidation place, and i bought like 7 cars for like 5dollars each
Old 02-14-2007, 09:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Nght12

well I think what is happening is that they are swithing from xmod to propulse

Join us at
http://www.freewebs.com/teamsyndicatedrifting
Old 02-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Banned

Location: some were mysterious, an outer galaxy, Muscle car planet, Turbo charged town

i HATE PRO-PLUSE
Old 02-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via ICQ to superinfinity Send a message via AIM to superinfinity Send a message via MSN to superinfinity Send a message via Yahoo to superinfinity

clearance! go and buy xmods stuff then!
CTC-Founder
Dontspamme, Porsche isnt French you Tard!

http://s1.zetaboards.com/STLRacing_Forums/index/

Visit my Online Store!!! I do EVERYTHING!

Batteries:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=545233

Board Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546175

Body Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546687
Old 02-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

ok we already had a thread about the end of xmods and as members who work at RS said, propulse is a different type of rc and is not replacing xmods. as for the problem of radioshack.com, i dont know. could just be no one is buying it from there?

aka DJ KraZe
Old 02-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Elite member

yeah, pro-pulse is in a different category, but it definitely seems like now they sell pro-pulse and no longer sell xmods. The stores around here haven't gotten anything new in since the Scion and Titan, not even more stock of motors or bearings. This is the end my friends, this is the end.
i know because i live in canada, and all the radioshack companies have been purchased by the source by circuit city, so in canada or at least saskatoon sk, radioshack is no more, but the source still sells xmod stuff, but im assuming that is what is happening, the source also sold all the xmod stuff and anything with the radioshack logo to a liquidation place, and i bought like 7 cars for like 5dollars each
You got 7 brand new cars for $5 bucks each? what did you get, have you got a pic of your collection? Hey could you buy me a Silver Supra body top and send it to me? I'll pay for it. How do Canadian dollars compare to US dollars.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Elite member

one american dollar is worth $1.17 in canada i went there on january 24-29 for a field trip because im taking french.

Hummer: all rs upgrades, 6cell and custom superswampers(off roader)
G35: currently being repaired(dead)
Mustang: all rs upgrades,blue gpm knuckles, 39 turn motor (circuit/top speed)
Scion TC: all rs upgrades, drift kit and 6 cell (drifter)
blue F-150 body (offroad bodykit)
G35 body top targa top and some custom bodywork
Old 02-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

I live in Canada(ontario) and radioshack moved there stores to the states(except for the dealer owned ones) so there are only a couple left here. as for the source they still xmod stuff here(only gen 1 cars and parts) and there is a liquidation place an hour or so away from me and they sell gen 1 starter kits for 17$

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedriftking
Old 02-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Elite member

do they have any of the rare ones, like White WRX STi or Blue Skyline? I need someone up there to buy me a Silver Supra Body Top/kit. Let me know who's up to it.

Also, I sent an e-mail to Radioshack customer relations asking about them, it's been 2 days and I haven't heard anything.

Last edited by RallyWRX; 02-14-2007 at 03:29 PM..
Old 02-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicblack10
I live in Canada(ontario) and radioshack moved there stores to the states(except for the dealer owned ones) so there are only a couple left here. as for the source they still xmod stuff here(only gen 1 cars and parts) and there is a liquidation place an hour or so away from me and they sell gen 1 starter kits for 17$
Can you get the name+address and website (if they have one) of this liquidation place? I read about an ad in HUB magazine where they sell computer stuff and xmods named "high performance racing cars" for $16.99 so it may be the same.