Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Default My new truck

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 RWD 3.9L V6

It's got some stuff that I would change on it but I couldn't pass it up it only had one owner and he was a mechanic. Everything was kept up the paint is almost mint, it has new Baja tires on it, he even changed the spark plugs oil and air filter for me. It's got new brake rotors and ball joints as well. I'd like something with more power but that can always be added. The best part about it, I only paid $2800 for this thing.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Looks really great for the price. Hope it works for ya.
Because I've noticed that the years from 96' to like 2002 of that model of truck have issues i forgot what the part is called but they break really easy & thats what broke on our 98' but my old step dad was too cheap to replace it so he sold it. The truck still runs fine if it breaks it just makes the truck not run proporly. Im not exactly sure what it does or what the part is, but lets hope it doesn't break on your truck. lol

TEAM XI
Old 07-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

My uncle has a Ram like that one. I think it was the bearings, or something in the knuckles that was wrong with it. But one word of advice: these trucks dont cool well, so don't get under the hood until at least an hour after running it. Regardless, that is one great deal!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Banned

Thanks guys. I plan on putting an exhaust tomorrow, probably just a glasspack for now something cheap. When I get up to Nashville for college I'll put a full system in there. Any advice on tuners?
Old 07-20-2009, 11:59 AM
noob :)

jack it up
Old 07-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Banned

im actually planning on lowering it. I'd jack it up if it wasnt 2WD
Old 07-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

i know ive had so many ppl say lower my 2wd truck too there so dumb hahahaagood with the lowering.

FOR SALE!
SCION TC WITH B/K.
HUMMER BODY AND BK.
ACURA NSX BODY WITH FRONT CLIP.
G35 WITH B/K.
SOME SUSPENTION STUFF.
SWEET CUSTOM TRAILER.
PM ME.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:43 PM
noob :)

i always prefer a jacked up truck but i think this could look good lower
Old 07-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
My uncle has a Ram like that one. I think it was the bearings, or something in the knuckles that was wrong with it. But one word of advice: these trucks dont cool well, so don't get under the hood until at least an hour after running it. Regardless, that is one great deal!
He has a point these things take forever too cool down & the heat up really fast, so don't put a piece of carboard in front of the radiator too help it warm up in the winter, because it will over heat fast.

TEAM XI
Old 07-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

What are you guys talking about, these trucks take forever to cool down? Any vehicle takes a long time to cool down when it runs at 210 degrees (which is normal operating temp)

And I have never had an overheating problem with my 95 Dodge 4x4 with a 5.9 (360 c.i. baby! mmmm torque)

Looks like a good deal, but honestly I would do nothing performance wise to that engine, and a glass pack is not going to make it sound good. It's going to sound raspy, almost like someone hacked your exhaust off completely. Loud is not always good, even though it is very fun. (I can run straight pipes with the push of a switch on my Camaro.)

Looks like you got yourself one heck of a deal, if you feel the need to mod it I would go for a lowering, wheels, tint, change up the interior some and call it good. With the V6 in it, I wouldn't worry much about making power.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
What are you guys talking about, these trucks take forever to cool down? Any vehicle takes a long time to cool down when it runs at 210 degrees (which is normal operating temp)

And I have never had an overheating problem with my 95 Dodge 4x4 with a 5.9 (360 c.i. baby! mmmm torque)
Looks like you got yourself one heck of a deal, if you feel the need to mod it I would go for a lowering, wheels, tint, change up the interior some and call it good. With the V6 in it, I wouldn't worry much about making power.
i have to agree, they dont really take too long to cool down compared to other trucks/cars, normal time and they are nice trucks, my dads got a 95 2500(rusting bad but still one heck ofa truck)
5.9 360 c.i. torque monster 2nd motor and rebuilt trans its rockin 180k(or around there idr) Im gonna be the one driving it soon enough, as im getting tired of the slow throttle on my audi. they are pretty reliable trucks from the experiences with me dads, just dont abuse it too bad and you should be fine.
and ling i also agree with what you said about the lowering, it would be pretty good with just the little stuff, will set it apart from the rest. and also yea you did score your self a deal, ive been looking into buying one for a while and have only found older 2wd models that cheap. nice score

Last edited by monsterhunter; 07-26-2009 at 02:07 AM..
Old 07-26-2009, 03:07 AM
Banned

Well, I've put things on hold for a while guys. It seems my ex girlfriend has died in a truck accident. I'm just gonna be focusing on that for a while. I'm gonna be taking a break from the site for a bit but will update when this is all over.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:40 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

plus one, I hate when people say, this part broke on mine once so all of them must be bad.

Quote:

Looks like a good deal, but honestly I would do nothing performance wise to that engine, and a glass pack is not going to make it sound good. It's going to sound raspy, almost like someone hacked your exhaust off completely. Loud is not always good, even though it is very fun. (I can run straight pipes with the push of a switch on my Camaro.)

Old 07-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybat View Post
Well, I've put things on hold for a while guys. It seems my ex girlfriend has died in a truck accident. I'm just gonna be focusing on that for a while. I'm gonna be taking a break from the site for a bit but will update when this is all over.
Holy crap man, that really sucks. Were you and here still good friends?

Sorry for your loss, just keep your head up.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter

Quote:
Holy crap man, that really sucks. Were you and here still good friends?

Sorry for your loss, just keep your head up.
+1 on that ^ man, sorry to hear that and sorry for your loss.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Banned

We were still very close, had our awkward moments but I still loved her yah know? Well back on topic I guess. I'll be doing some upgrades when I get to Nashville for college.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Bored...

Don't worry about this truck. Your girlfriends death is horrible. It might just be a girlfriend, but if you loved her than its going to be tough. Give yourself some greiving time, and take a break from this truck and this site. You're going to need it.