Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to pwned12355

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngxmodder View Post
i would save since you said there is no way for you to get money ok, here's something: ok grab a shovel or if you can a snowblower(usually a shovel), go around the block or somewhere were you don't walk for miles if you see people's driveways and sidewalk unplowed, go up to the door and knock, if someone answers, ask if you can shovel for them for like 5 bucks (thats all i asked for) unless and old person then do it for free, then if they say yes and go ahead and start scooping. boom you earn some money. i did it last year it worked good for xmod parts and misc. things. i saved money from last year and i bought an axial ax10 with some assistance from my dad, for credit card purposes, and earlier today i bought L4D(Left 4 Dead) with some more money from shoveling. it may be time consuming but it will pay in the long run.( get that last sentence?)
well trust me id love to plow snow cept one small problem (u probobly didnt now this) there is no snow in winston salem, NC
its soposed to be relay cold ouside rite now and it did rain the other day but its 10 degrees then its 60 and rains then it gets dry and it starts over
it snowed one like 3 weeks ago but it was like hhalf an inch and all melted before i could get back from school..i look for something to make money off of..
i did get ur last sentance btw
Old 12-22-2008, 12:34 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
RTR means Ready to run, so I'm 100% sure it will come with everything.
ready to run never means pull it out of the box and start running. theres always more you have to buy.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Like what? With nitro's you have to buy fuel and batterys, that it. With electric cars, all you have to buy, is the batteries for the controler, which it might come with them.

What kinda stuff do you have to have that doesnt come with that RTR he listed?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:13 AM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

rtr usually mean ok ready to run lol or ready to race or what have you but USUALLY the rtr models can run right out of the box, like the xmod its a rtr but they dont bother calling it a rtr because there isnt a non rtr model, so... like the website says rtr is ready to go right outta the box just add batteries so i guess if you really wanna get technical its not becasue the batteries dont come with it. but really it basicaly is or else it says minimal assembly required like something a 4 year old can do.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to pwned12355

well i meant like with the traxxas i got i wasnt ready to run because it didnt come with the remote and gas and starter and stuff sooo thats reason i had questions about rtr because ya its ready to rune after u wait 12 hours for the batery to charge...
thx abunch for ur input guys/girs
Old 12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

RTRs only need 1 thing: driver and the normal batteries for the remote
on occasion you'll find an rtr that needs a battery and charger, but don't sweat it.
get something like a rtr tamiya tt01E. bodyshell doesn't matter. you can chage that for 25 bucks to whatever car you want.
it'll be a bit more expensive that you want it to be, but it's worth it if you're just gonna be drifting.

Last edited by XMDrifter; 12-22-2008 at 03:28 PM..
Old 12-22-2008, 04:32 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

What in the hell is everyone arguing about in here? I can't even decipher half the posts in this thread. If you want to ask a question, answer a question or even post on this forum, please make it legible. This thread is atrocious!

Now, pwned12355, you just need to learn how to read a webpage and see what comes with the item you’re purchasing. Every manufacture has a slightly different idea on what or what is not “Ready to Run.” Here are two prime examples:

1. RTR: Traxxas Stampede XL5. Comes with the radio set (receiver/transmitter), motor and ESC. I still needed to buy a battery, a charger and batteries for the transmitter. Certainly isn’t RTR to me, but the manufacture claims it is.
2. RTR: Associated RC18MT. Comes with the radio set (receiver/transmitter), motor, ESC, 1100mAh battery and a 120V wall charger. Hmm, now that’s RTR.

As mentioned above, and proved with two examples, each manufacture/seller has a different way to saying “Ready to Run (RTR)”. This is why it is so vitally important to read the fine print.

Now, the term RTR has been described. Either take this back on topic (give suggestions on what Drifting car is “Best” for pwned12355) or I will be forced to close this for being so off topic.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 12-22-2008, 04:53 PM
SPR

RTR just means the car is assembled. it doesnt mean it will drive out of the box. if its not RTR that means you have to build it. thats ALL it means.

We have all gave you your suggestions, he knows what to look for. Tamiya's, HPI's or possibly an AE. He knows he doesnt have the money. he already said okay im just going to save untill i can afford what was suggested.

i wasnt trying to start and argument about ready to run. i dont know why anyone started arguing about ready to run. But pwned has his answer. case closed.
Closed Thread