Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer
Default Official: Smart Phone thread (Windows Mobile Based)

Thought I would make a thread for those that have smart phones. I just got a BlackJack II today and love it. Im trying to hack it and get free GPS and emulators but its really confusing and I have to download some torrents. Post what phones you have and if you have done and mods or hacks.

Edit: crap just realized I posted this in the gamers corner. Can a mod move it please? thanks.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Liar.
You and I both know you posted it in the Games Corner so you wouldn't have to wait for approval in OT.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knvictd View Post
Liar.
You and I both know you posted it in the Games Corner so you wouldn't have to wait for approval in OT.
mhmm, your right. I can't wait for my thread to get approved. I do this all the time
Old 09-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to imstock

I hate mine.

I have owned 5 models since Audiovox coined the term years ago.

Now have a BJ1 and cant stand it. They over engineered it, then gave it a crappy .NET app and program abilities. Same with the Bj2.

16.8 in the quarter mile isn't fast.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Banned

The BJ1's just sucked. The BK2 is nice, especially with the WM 6.1 update.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Xmod Expert

I owned one windows mobile phone the moto Q9h, And i hated it.

I will never by a windows mobile smart phone ive played with enough to know its garbage.

I had an iPhone but got rid of it when it came to Canada cause everybody has one now.

So for awhile i went back to my blackberry pearl. Now after my upgrade last month im running the BB Bold. It was my most expensive phone at 395$ But its also the best phone ive ever had.

If your looking for a smarthphone thats a work horse you cant beat a BB. My sister just got a 8830 world edition and now realizes what i mean. Once you own one you actually cant go back just because the Operating system is so well thought out and intuitive.

The Bold just upped the BB anti, 1GB ram and onboard storage (with SD card capabilities up to 8GB), Same screen resolution as an iphone even though the screen is half the size. Light weight yet durable. GPS, WIFI, 3G, and a decent 2 MP camera.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Banned

yay, just fiqured out how to get internet for free on my BJ2
Old 09-14-2008, 01:50 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodificationer View Post
yay, just fiqured out how to get internet for free on my BJ2
WIFI? what internet program you running? IE?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
WIFI? what internet program you running? IE?
it doesn't have Wifi anyone know how to install a CAB file, and how to use an app unlocker?
Old 09-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to imstock

lol.... I know there are a lot of things possible for the BJ2, but I am definitely interested in seeing how long it takes you before having to reformat...

16.8 in the quarter mile isn't fast.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodificationer View Post
Thought I would make a thread for those that have smart phones. I just got a BlackJack II today and love it. Im trying to hack it and get free GPS and emulators but its really confusing and I have to download some torrents. Post what phones you have and if you have done and mods or hacks.
FYI, discussion of hacking, emulators (they're illegal), Torrents, and such is a serious infraction at this place. Rule number...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
RED 11.Warez,Torrent Sites,Hacking and Pirating Disscussions

The discussion of Warez,Torrent Sites,Hacking and Pirating software is strictly prohibited. The same goes for pirating songs and videos.Threads discussing pirating in any capacity will be removed immediately and the member dealt with.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 09-14-2008, 10:41 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Thank you sweed.... we don't mind a bit of friendly banter or you posting the results of your hacking but we don't want any details of sites or programs used to hack the phone or any other system.

If anyone has any specific question deal with them through PM - you have all been warned!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 09-14-2008, 11:18 AM
is awesome

Trader Rating: (5)

i have sidekick 3 right now but in two mouth im getting the wing
Old 09-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Thank you sweed.... we don't mind a bit of friendly banter or you posting the results of your hacking but we don't want any details of sites or programs used to hack the phone or any other system.
I got a two week ban over the summer from Bondo (really, he just wanted an excuse..) for this, so....

What's the big deal if your 12? It's a phone. Personally, I think they are all to big/thick. I hate having stuff in my pockets. Phone and Keys is too much, why add more. Blah, blah, it has music and internet, but you people really need to learn to DISCONECT!
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 09-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Banned

first off sweed, im 14. anways i would never go back to a regular phone. The BJ2 is just a little bigger than a razr (fliped down). Right nowi am on my BJ2 and everything is working perfect.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Xmod Expert

Emulators arnt illegal... Roms of games that you dont own and do not delete after 24 hours are illegal. But emus in no way shape or form are illegal.

As for the disconnecting part sweed your right i cant. I turn 18 in a month and its already to the point where im at my moms level of axiety when i dont have reception.

It stems from the fact that you just have so much going on and 10 minutes of not being able to pick up messages and communicate with people leaves me at a state of near delirium.

But as for it being "JUST A PHONE" i can honestly say once you get a smartphone its not anymore. These are mini computers. And basically store and maintain your life.

I use mine to keep myself organized and on top off: school, both my jobs, social life, and everything else in between.

I even use my cell as a financial tracker and planner using it for everything from stocks to tracking my spending.

Now the problem comes when if i were to lose my cell phone, luckily it wouldnt be my biggest problem. because i have a 10 symbol alphanumeric password. Now if someone were to be able to gain acsess to my phone for even 10 minutes with it being unlocked, he could basically become me. right down to all my information and credit card numbers (who am i kidding ive only got one...LOL).

Its all about the life you lead. I grew up in a household where everybody was always occupied, whether with Business or pleasure, so i learned was taught early how to plan out basically my entire life and without being able to do that thankfully i would not be lost but i wouldn't be able to succeed as much as i have.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Emulators arnt illegal... Roms of games that you dont own and do not delete after 24 hours are illegal. But emus in no way shape or form are illegal.

As for the disconnecting part sweed your right i cant. I turn 18 in a month and its already to the point where im at my moms level of axiety when i dont have reception.

It stems from the fact that you just have so much going on and 10 minutes of not being able to pick up messages and communicate with people leaves me at a state of near delirium.

But as for it being "JUST A PHONE" i can honestly say once you get a smartphone its not anymore. These are mini computers. And basically store and maintain your life.

I use mine to keep myself organized and on top off: school, both my jobs, social life, and everything else in between.

I even use my cell as a financial tracker and planner using it for everything from stocks to tracking my spending.

Now the problem comes when if i were to lose my cell phone, luckily it wouldnt be my biggest problem. because i have a 10 symbol alphanumeric password. Now if someone were to be able to gain acsess to my phone for even 10 minutes with it being unlocked, he could basically become me. right down to all my information and credit card numbers (who am i kidding ive only got one...LOL).

Its all about the life you lead. I grew up in a household where everybody was always occupied, whether with Business or pleasure, so i learned was taught early how to plan out basically my entire life and without being able to do that thankfully i would not be lost but i wouldn't be able to succeed as much as i have.
no youll be just like gene simmons when he lost his a total idiot.
all these devises do is do what your head, if you still have one, is supposed to do. most people who use calculators nowadays for everything cant do simple math in their heads anymore. stop the dam txting and just call the person its easier and a lot less work.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Banned

shots of my phone from my new screenshot app