Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > The XMS Repair and Modification Manual > General XMOD Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)
Arrow free speed

some may have seen this but did this over on xmf and decided to bring it over

couple of things that iv learnt from years messing with rc stuff so thought id share a few little tips and tricks to get some more speed for zero cash

ok lets kick of with weight
1/now that fancy custom shell may look sick but a lump of bondo the size of a house does nothing for performance stick with stock for racing you can lose even more weight by removing screws and glueing parts on instead even lose pannels how far you go is up to you

2/clean that ride man you will be suprised how much crud you collect and hair + fluff arond your drive shafts can rob you of the presious speed

3/ wile youve got the cleaning stuff out strip diffs and bearings and give em a gud ol blast and re-oil

4/dont be a lazy a$$ sort out those drive-line problems dont just leave em as gud enuf free and easy is the only way

5/if you use rechargable batteries mark them up in sets of 4 (or 5/6 for added cells) and only use and charge them in sets this will match the cells giving better run times and more punch

6/ power !!!!! dont lose any chek all solder joints make sure they are solid bad joints cause resistance and heat both very bad things also if you can remove connectors and directly solder

thats about all i can think off at the mo im sure more will come to me fell free to add to the list or comment

XMS and XMF february COTM winner
Old 10-12-2008, 07:21 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

cut away at unneccesary plastics like take off the elec board cover, trim down the rear clip holder thingy, make the motor strap thinner, etc.