Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default some xmod care tips for the RS xmod website

NOTE I found these on the RS xmod website, xmodsrc.com, i didn't write this or think of this, this is not my work, but i think it will be helpfull for some people.

Tech Tips for Show

* Gently wad your antenna up under the body of your XMOD to give it a cleaner look. Scale realism is one of the reason we love XMODS, and real cars don't have antennas. This will affect the range of your radio, but only when the car is so far away you can barely see it. For the basements and driveways we play in, there are no range issues.
* Use a mild polish to clean scuffs from your XMOD'S body. Just a little furniture polish on a soft rag does wonders.
* XMOD upgrade motors will get your car moving fast enough to seriously garf the body. Keep a selection of Sharpie ink pens around to "paint" the exposed, lighter-colored plastic. Ultra Fine Point for little dinks, Fine Point for serious chunks, and if you need the Chisel Tip then you should go to driving school with Lazy Friend!

Tech tips for Just Showing Off

After spending hours to MOD the body of your car, you're going to want to take a photo that will really show off your hard work.

* Clean up the background! These cars are small enough that a t-shirt can make a studio backdrop. At the very least, make sure what's in the background doesn't take attention away from your righteous ride.
* Get DOWN! Photos taken from above and pointed down at the ground emphasize RC cars' small size. If you get down and take the photo at car level, there's little to indicate it's not a full scale racer!
* Don't rely on overhead room lights. Place a couple of table lamps or clamp lights nearby to brighten up the photo. If there are harsh reflections in your shiny XMOD body, soften them by putting a thin fabric between the light and the car.
* Experiment with lighting, camera settings, and take lots of photos! Pick the best one, and spend a minute loving it up in Photoshop before you post it on the Web for all to see.

Tech Tips for GO!

Having the right tool for the job is key if you want to minimize frustration and maximize your MOD creativity.

* I'll say it one more time: a quality Phillips #0 screwdriver is an absolute necessity.
* Toss the little plastic XMOD kit wheel nut wrench, if you haven't lost it already. A metric 5mm nut driver is best, but since tiny metric tools can be hard to find, a standard 3/16" nut driver will also do nicely.
* A 3/16" finger drill is perfect for tapping new screw holes in the body plastic. Power drills are very good at catching in the plastic and flinging your precious XMOD body across the room! Ask Lazy Friend.
* Rotary tools and hobby knifes are also indispensable in any hobby, but be careful. They have been known to bite.
* Label your XMOD hand tools with a stripe of colored electrical tape so they're easy to find. If your tools live in a toolbox or drawer with other tools, this shows they're yours and everyone else should keep their grubby paws off. Unless you actually want your nice sharp new #0 getting used as a tent stake.
* Free up your suspension, especially on 2WD cars, by lubing the top pivot screws. Just a dab of light bushing oil will do (oil a toothpick, then touch the tip of the toothpick to the screw). And while you're at it, add a dab on the endbell bushing of your motor to minimize friction.
* Invest in XMOD bearing kits. They are hands-down the easiest way to improve steering, speed and overall performance in these awesome little cars.
* Batteries are your HORSEPOWER! Care for them by keeping them stored in a cool, dry place. Don't leave them in the car for extended periods of time.
* USE your XMOD transmitter's antenna storage feature – it will keep the antenna from breaking off when the radio is not being used. Be careful not to over tighten it when installing, too.
* Take a rotary tool and small sanding drum, then cut small divots into the steering wheel for your fingers. In a long, tense race, it helps keep your fingers where they belong.
Specialized trucks club owner
DUB CLUB member
Old 07-01-2007, 04:30 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

very nice, i think this will help lots
Old 07-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Xmod Expert

yes i know motormouth wrote that. why dont you just say that he did instead of saying i didnt write these, and then not give credit to whoever did...
Old 07-01-2007, 05:46 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

another one... don't trust ur dad when he says to use a powerful cleaner to remove xmods paint...
Old 07-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Xmod Expert

The 'wad' antenna trick really doesn't work for later Evo xmods (pre-transformers). Remember all the range issues people were having? Had problems with my Lan Evo even though the tx was in my left hand, and the car was in my right...
Old 07-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Xmod Expert

its only to take pictures with to make it more realistic Redisfaster, its not for driving too....
Old 07-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (20)

A couple of tips back I challenged motormouth to make a custom car for the evo chassis and he hasn't yet. I am on this site more than there now due to getting my posts rejected for no good reason at all and totally rejecting my custom made rides. now they only update posts over there every other day now and still dont work weekends. If it wasn't for Noturday telling me about this site I would have been bored with xmods a long time ago.

Last edited by xmodsnut; 07-01-2007 at 11:05 PM..
Old 07-02-2007, 11:20 AM

Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to 123Vette Send a message via Yahoo to 123Vette

xmodsnut motormouth is a guy in a cubical at the rs headquaters he probilltly hasnt ever modified an xmod as much as he denies it its obviose that he has no clue what hes doing
Old 07-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Vette View Post
xmodsnut motormouth is a guy in a cubical at the rs headquaters he probilltly hasnt ever modified an xmod as much as he denies it its obviose that he has no clue what hes doing

I agree with 123vette and bush.

Jon

signature wont let me list all of my cars!!!!!!! not fair moderator needed plz help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover View Post
lol crawling with 1 wheel drive that would be funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Its not realistic that these go about 280mph at scale speed either.
Custom Corvette Club: 1/3 Founder
Team ACCENTS Member
Proud member of Crawling Truck Club(CTC) The fist and only!