Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Questions / Suggestions / Complaints / Comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:28 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Numbchux

Ok now don't get me wrong he does an OK job of modding on this site but sometimes he takes things to a level that he should not. Thier is no point in insulting members when you carry out your modding. I don't think it's ver professional to ever personal insult members in a thread, maybe in a PM but not in a thread for the whole public to see.

I attached a couple examples:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image3.jpg (68.9 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (71.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Image4.jpg (61.3 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 03-25-2007 at 12:40 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 12:42 AM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

well, you were being a putz. you were specifically told not to post...and yet you did it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1
I'm guessing thats why you were banned. I hope I don't for posting in here.
and KNEW you weren't supposed to.

on the other one, I simply pointed out the fact that the discussion was beginning to get out of control. And the guy who forced us to make the rule, says this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
screw that rule
I'll say it again. he's being a smartass. he's lucky I didn't give him an infraction for mocking/flaming the staff.

heck, maybe I should give YOU one. that would put you into the temporary ban-land...in one day....

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC
Old 03-25-2007, 12:45 AM

ok just just dance around the topic
I'm sure I'm representing the silent majority.

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 03-25-2007 at 12:47 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

I don't see the problem. He says it like it is. It's not insulting...if people can't handle the truth then that's their problem not Chux's problem.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:50 AM

ok I quit LOL I've been around here since 05 just give me my perm and silence me. Is thier fun activities in "ban-land" like pin the tall on the modderator? If I ever get back from my ban can I be a mod?

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 03-25-2007 at 12:54 AM.. Reason: why not
Old 03-25-2007, 01:05 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

I did get an infraction Not by him though, but for that thread. I thought it was nice chux didnt, so I chilled out. Began to wonder why I got nothing about it, but blacksky sent me an infraction like a week later. +5 permanent points FTW!

BTW, I didnt force any body to do jack, you guys made the rule. I hold no guns to your heads.

Anyhoo, mods here, well last time I left was because they were all corrupt, so take this as a sign of improvement. Because last time mods were actually flamming people. Chux calling me a smartass isnt a big deal. I am a smart *** bit woop, but naggy rules are also annoying. And for the most part, mods should use a more professional manor, and atleast look like their being the bigger person. Wether or not you guys do, I dont care much, its not my problem. To others they may take it offensively.

There would be no evolution in car design, techonology, and life style if there was never any VS conversatiosns. We would all be driving cookie cutter cars, with the same paint job. If someone cant take the opinions of others, then tough. Someone said "I hate trucks" in my thead, did I get my panties in a bunch? Nope.

Tundra lost the 5star crash rating brag, oh noes

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 03-25-2007 at 01:12 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
ok just just dance around the topic
I'm sure I'm representing the silent majority.
i hate when they ( mods in general) act like somebodies post count is going to shut the forum down. dont spam this, dont do this blah, blah , blah. whats gonna happen? will the internet blow up?

as far as him insulting people its his forum.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:25 AM

I will state that I am trying to be neutral here.

No offense is intended toward anyone, especially a fellow Minnesotan, and I understand that the job of a forum moderator is very difficult and trying at times. There are people out there that intentionally cause trouble and need to be slapped. But I will say this....

1) Name-calling on the part of ANYONE is uncalled for, and should not be tolerated at all- No matter what the status of the member is.

2) Threatening to ban a member for bringing up what they percieve to be a legitimate topic of discussion is also uncalled for, as long as it is in an adult manner and in good taste. Jimmy started this thread in what I thought was an adult manner, without threats, abusive language, or swearing to speak of. Not a reason to be threatened with an infraction or be banned in my opinion.

Admittedly, I did not follow the threads posted in the above screen-shots and may have missed some of the context of the discussion. If anyone was intentionally trying to be disruptive, then they should be banned or hit with an infraction.

Last thing, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT TOYS HERE PEOPLE! No reason to take anything personally or to get into an argument about.

Enough said......

John
Old 03-25-2007, 01:33 AM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iche-1 View Post
i hate when they ( mods in general) act like somebodies post count is going to shut the forum down. dont spam this, dont do this blah, blah , blah. whats gonna happen? will the internet blow up?

as far as him insulting people its his forum.
i dont think its a matter of people bringing up their post count through spam. The main thing here is that this site is meant to be informative and understandable. If threads are often filled with comments that seemingly have no relevance to the topic, then all we are doing is creating a problem through misinformation and generally being unhelpful. No one member came onto this site because they thought they would not learn or would not gain help from others, thats why we are all here, so lets stop the fighting and keep things under control.

It is true that there are a lot of young people on here, and its up to the rest of us older folk to lead a good example, so if we are spamming, flaming, calling names, etc, then the young folks here are gonna do the same.

Is this too much to ask? I dont really think so, these are all things we do in everyday life anyways, so lets just put it into practice here.

My two cents...

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Old 03-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via MSN to RodsRUs Send a message via Yahoo to RodsRUs

I think alot of mods go on power trips, but Iv never thought as numb as one he just tells it how it is.
2300 mAh's power
Body lowered over chassis
-Custom 04 wide body mustang-Work In Progress
http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=15437
C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N-R-A-C-E-R
Old 03-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbchux View Post
well, you were being a putz. you were specifically told not to post...and yet you did it anyway.

and KNEW you weren't supposed to.

on the other one, I simply pointed out the fact that the discussion was beginning to get out of control. And the guy who forced us to make the rule, says this:

I'll say it again. he's being a smartass. he's lucky I didn't give him an infraction for mocking/flaming the staff.

heck, maybe I should give YOU one. that would put you into the temporary ban-land...in one day....
Jimmy, do you have something to say about everything? I gave texan idiot his infraction. Just leave it alone, ****.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to lilskipro587 Send a message via Yahoo to lilskipro587

I mean thanks for making a suggestion. But don't tell us how to do our job. There is a reason were the mods and your not. Thats because we can handle this stuff. I guess if you dont like it then leave...it's easy as that.
"free the heel and ski for real"

Fujica STX SLR still for sale.
Looking to build computers by order.

-Contact me on both.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (17)

I dont think its a big deal...everyone has their limits and maybe he's just getting sick of all the stupid people on the forum
Tamiya TA-02

Traxxas Hawk 2
Old 03-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to musclecars4life

i have no problem with chux. he says what eeds to be said and the problem usually stops.

thanks,
MC4L

getting out of xmods:

various motors

custom F-150 now on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/xmod-F-150_W0QQi...QQcmdZViewItem

i might have more too just contact me for a complete list of what i have left.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Cloud 9

Trader Rating: (8)

Yes, Chux is entitled to his opinion. He says it like it is. It is better not to argue or whatever with him.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:54 PM

cOmE ON NoW U PUTOS JUst SenDD MEE TEE BAN-LAnd
Old 03-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Life Send a message via MSN to Life Send a message via Skype™ to Life

modding aint easy try creating a forum and modding it
Team member of Accents
Old 03-25-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life View Post
modding aint easy try creating a forum and modding it
I know I was one once before
Old 03-25-2007, 07:24 PM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
BTW, I didnt force any body to do jack, you guys made the rule. I hold no guns to your heads.
yes you did. YOU started the flame war that made us realize that you guys are completely incapable of having an adult conversation/discussion. it spirals out of control, and if those threads had not been locked, they would have turned into an all out flame war. I realize that discussions and arguments are essential to life, but there are enough members here who cannot keep it a constructive argument, and just turn it into a ****ing match.

call it post-whoring or not, I don't care the reason for useless posts. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. this site is a RESOURCE. if you want to waste space with stupid posts, here's a list of forums where that is welcome...
www.t3hw00t.com
www.tcstangs.com
www.nasioc.com
www.xmodworld.com
www.pirate4x4.com
but beware, you will find very little usable information at any of those sites, and if you ask a question, you will likely get flamed for it.

look, I've been extremely stressed out the last few weeks. and then I come on here, a place that should be a source for information about a hobby that USED to be a stress reliever for me, and I have to babysit! I have to try to keep the peace between a bunch of people who act half their age (not everyone....but there are plenty). I'm sorry, I realize I shouldn't be calling people names, but my patience has come to a complete end for people who go out of their way to act stupid.

I realize it's no excuse. I just want you guys to understand my side of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1
cOmE ON NoW U PUTOS JUst SenDD MEE TEE BAN-LAnd
wtf?! you just threw any legitimate argument that you had right out the window by making a perfect example of the junk that I'm talking about

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC
Old 03-25-2007, 08:15 PM

WoW you guys have been totally cool about all this, but I have to leave for awhile, sorry about being a crazy asshole. Until next time....

P.S. bring back big T(torredo) and the crunk(crunkrida)