Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Discovercamp.com

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via Skype™ to AntxmodMiniz12322
Default Who dosent want xmods to come back????

Xmods are discontinued as you all probably know and I know i want them back, and alot of other people want them too. Buying xmods on ebay isnt cutting it anymore and pretty soon there will be no xmods on ebay and the hobbie is going to die off.

I know the forum emailed radio shack to get the street cars but those are discontinued now too. I think the forum should email bomb radio shack 1 more time to try to bring back the xmods. if we all come together i belive we can bring xmods back, like in 2005 when there where all the upgrades and sooo many cars at rs

Lets come together and bring back xmods!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntxmodMiniz12322 View Post
Xmods are discontinued as you all probably know

i think we've heard a few rumors over countless treads on the same issue

soon there will be no xmods on ebay and the hobbie is going to die off.

not much you can do to a dying horse but take it out of its misery

I know the forum emailed radio shack to get the street cars but those are discontinued now too. I think the forum should email bomb radio shack 1 more time to try to bring back the xmods. if we all come together i belive we can bring xmods back, like in 2005 when there where all the upgrades and sooo many cars at rs

radio shack doesnt care about the customers, only making money. people only bought xmods when they were on sale for $25 and never for retail of $50. at $25 xmods dont bring alot of money for radio shack, therefore radio shack does not care at all. and that was 6 years ago, sadly most people have grown up into bigger and better things like myself

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 07-28-2011, 01:33 AM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

Personally, now that a few years have come and gone, I feel like I've kind of moved on from the R/C car scene a bit. So while it would be nice for Xmods to come back, I personally wouldn't buy another one. Also, it seems that RS has switched its focus from toys and the like to higher end electronics, probably due to the recent economic crisis.

And don't worry about the hobby going away. There are still people into the mini R/C scene, albeit, the more expensive side to it. Mini-Z's are the last way to go if you like Xmods, even though they cost about $150 a pop. If you're more into small R/Cs in general, then the Losi Micro-T/DT/B/whatever they have are pretty nice, but they're also expensive (about $80-$120, depending on the model). Both Mini-Z's and Losi Micro-whatevers have a huge supply of aftermarket upgrades and a wide variety of brands to choose from.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Advance member

yep... move up to a larger scale RC
Old 07-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Discovercamp.com

THe thing for me is I have a slash and a df03 i also have 3 minizs and some losi 1/24 and 1/36 but xmods just have that feel and they just are sooo modable unlike these other cars. i cant make myself a aluminum miniz chassis in 2 hours i cant make some deep dish df03 rims an 30 minuetes and i dont have to custom fit a brushless motor in a losi mini sct its just a bolt on upgrade. xmods are one of the only cars where you may have to make your own upgrades because they dont exist otherwise
Old 07-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Elite member

I honestly have more Xmods then I'll even use. It's fun to make them over-powered and fast. They also look pretty with all the aluminum bits you can buy.
But once you've already put together a over-powered, blinged out Xmod, there's kind of no need to build another one.
I'm more into mini RC cars that handle well, such as the Mini-Z.
I've raced Mini-Z for a number of years and have even made attempts to put together a "race worthy" Xmod capable of keeping up with the Mini-Z.
In the end the Mini-Z performs, and looks much better than the Xmod ever could.
Even if Radio Shack totally redesigned the Xmod and came out with a better 2.4ghz electronics package, and better chassis, I would only even
consider buying one if it were on clearance for less than $20.

I still enjoy mini and micro RC (as well as larger scale RC) but as far as Xmods are concerned, I'd much rather waste my money on my hobby grade RCs.

That being said, I still think the Xmod was great for getting new people into the RC hobby, and I wouldn't complain if the Xmod did return.
But unfortunately I don't care enough about them to try and bring them back.

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.

Last edited by acerpower; 07-29-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Old 07-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Discovercamp.com

I don't think everyone understands why I want them. I said I have 1/10 cars and I have hobby grade mini rcs but they Aren't as fun to mod as an xmod
Old 07-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntxmodMiniz12322 View Post
I don't think everyone understands why I want them. I said I have 1/10 cars and I have hobby grade mini rcs but they Aren't as fun to mod as an xmod
get a SCX10 or losi micro crawler and build a scaler, you get to build things from scratch, break them, and build them better.

this is my scx10 i traded my HPI blitz for so id have something to mess with ad would have to spend $300 each time i wanted to. best rc i ever spent my money on hands down.

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 07-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Discovercamp.com

I got a truck/light terrain crawler project coming up I'm using a micro t I'm extending it using mini z electronics and a toy f150 body I'm gonna need some help tho I'll post pics soon

Your post inspired me to do somthing with my hobby grades cars but don't inspire me to the point where I **** up my slash by trying to make it a crawler or a stadium truck. Lol
Old 07-31-2011, 12:57 AM
Elite member

I understand that Xmods were fun to modify and try things that you wouldn't try with your hobby grade cars, but I guess I feel like I've already seen these cars pushed to they're limits and beyond. So I guess you can say I've gotten a bit bored with them.

Now if they were to bring back the Xtruck, I might pick up another spare when they went on clearance.

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:55 PM
micro-creationist

There's a point where your focus of RC develops. I mod everything in every scale to get better performance but I feel confident doing so...

projects atm:
1/24 scale version of an AE B44
1/18th stadium truck out of Mini-T parts
1/10th scale high speed/high downforce 4WD car out of a Tamiya F201
modifying parts on both a AE TC4 and an XRay T2-007 to create different more easily adjustable camber/caster angles

I'm also learning to airbrush lexan

If you dont have the nerve to fool with your larger scale cars then tear down old xmods and build them into something new again.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:35 AM

After experiencing a few different RCs, I'd have to agree that XMODS are definitely 'funner' to play with in terms of customization and modifications.

Unfortunately, their performance aren't on par with similar scale RCs such as the Mini-Z. As such, if you're going to spend that much money into the hobby, it's probably better off going into something that's more effective/long-lived. Or, as some have stated, time to 'upgrade' to larger scales.

IMO:
XMODS - Fun, user-friendly, "for show"
Mini Z - Expensive, strong fanbase, "for racing"
Old 08-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Discovercamp.com

Why must you bump this it's from july

I need someone to stack fets and redo wiring on my zmod. Pm me