Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Appearance > Member XMOD RC Garages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default xmod canuck garage (56kwarning)

This is my first XMOD. It started it all. It has AWD, clear chassis upgrade with carbon fibre decks, carbon fibre drive shaft, sealed bearings and custom alloy wheels from e-b*y member ironlung. One day it will be full alloy. I really wanted an r/c to race outside but it is too low to the ground so I had to get.....

This one.

My Titan has gone through many changes. I have 2 bodies for it. This one and a lowrider style. Currently, this is the only one to regularly go outside. It has full alloy (including diffs) except for the off road upgrade pieces, sealed bearings, carbon fibre drive shaft and composite 3rd gears and AWD gears. It has a custom body lift that I designed and machined. I have upgraded it to JDR lithium power. The 5-spoke alloy wheels are custom slammed deep dish made by nagycnc with aoshima swampers. The 6-spoke are XI deep dish with IROKs. And the black wheels are custom deep dish from e-b*y (I love them because they look awesome. I hate them because they are smaller than XMOD car rims so the tires keep coming off. I don't want to glue them so I'll have to figure out something to make them work.) And since the Titan came with a blue F-150 body upgrade, I had to get.....

An orange F-150. But at the time it seemed the orange bodies were hard to come by so I only use the blue one. And I got a second one along the way. It is full alloy including diffs, sealed bearings, carbon fibre drive shaft, composite 3rd gears and AWD gears, and stage 2 motor.

Then I wanted an EVO car so I could lift it up and I got a Scion. Like most my cars it is full alloy except race suspension lifting towers, sealed bearings, carbon fibre shaft with composite AWD gears. The 5-spoke alloys are $$$ as the rears are deep dish. The gold wheels are Volk Racing TE37 (work in progress).

I wanted drift tires for a while but didn't like the high price of them so I decided to machine my own. While I was designing and testing prototypes I found the GPM ones on sale somewhere so I got them but I still finished mine and they turned out pretty good. They're a bit bigger and wider than the GPM ones but they work just as well.

I love Subaru's, so somewhere along the way I got a body and it shares the Scion chassis sometimes.

Then I got another body and upgraded the body to look like a blue HPI and it sits on a Gen 1 roller chassis with gold BBS alloys.

I still wanted a starter kit and I finally found one NIB unopened from the UK. The white wheels came with one of the other bodies I bought.

Then I found a great deal on another NIB unopened starter kit from the US.

The guy I bought the body with white wheels from was selling one of his shelf queens with gold alloys and so I got another one.

An auction got me this one super cheap. Even though I don't have a mini-z.

Group shot taken after I got a couple more bodies but before I got the second WRX with gold alloys. My goal is to have one body with each of the different body kits on it. The US and UK/Japanese body kits are different so one each US mild, US wild, UK mild, UK wild, and of course one each US stock and UK stock. If you look closely you will see that the stock US and UK bodies are slightly different. Did I mention that I love Subaru's?!?

HPI (bought it mint NIB unopened)

FUJI (got this from B1G)

Another HPI (Ex display model from a UK hobby shop)

Group shot.

Then I got another FUJI (Mint NIB unopened from Japan) and another HPI (again mint NIB unopened). Only have 2 HPI's now. (sold one)

I always wanted a Mercedes but couldn't get one so I bought 4 or 5 from UK and sold all but this one. It's got similar alloy wheels as the Scion, deep dish rear. Other than the alloy wheels it's bone stock.

I got this when they were clearing out XMODS at the Source. I had it for a year before I finally got a chassis for it. I got a great deal on a couple NIB Firebirds and sold one and made one a Cobra. This is destined for full red alloy.

Firebird. Bone stock except for ironlung alloy centerlines.

Got this at the Source too. A Scion donated its chassis for this. Again bone stock except for alloys. Destined for some black and silver alloy. (Can't find enough black to make it full black.)

And yet another Scion chassis for this one. Supra from the UK I think. Another set of deep dish alloys. I think I'll try for mostly gun metal alloy for this one.

Bumblebee Camaro has full alloy (including diffs) except for race suspension lifting towers, sealed bearings, carbon fibre drive shaft and composite AWD gears. This is going to be an outside car but I'm having a few problems with it and so it won't go outside until those are worked out. Shaved the fenders a bit for the truck tires. I could use car tires but since I want to take it outside hard tires would be best. And the alloy deep dish wheels would require too much cutting.

This is a project from another forum. ALL ALLOY DRIFT HUMMER/RAM. This started as a NIB Hummer.

This was a used hummer that I got.

And this is how the used hummer looks now.

It has some gold alloy on it, AWD and bearings.

I designed and machined some custom truck drifting tires/wheels. They are all one piece and slight deep dish. They work awesome.

I think this is an IWAVER body. I got it used but I mostly bought it for the alloy wheels that came on the chassis. Some of the chassis parts have been dyed black. I want to dye all my green lifting towers and orange off road parts one day.

And then I got this yellow one super cheap.

I tried for over a year to got one of these.

(If you have any questions about the three in the background, feel free to PM me.)

I just love it. No ugly orange parts like the US truck chassis, they're all black. It is bone stock except for the black slammed wheels. I can't (won't) use the alloy ones as they would require shaving the wheel wells.

Well, there they are... I think that's all of them. And each has a story but my babies need to go to bed so I will tell the stories later. Thanks for looking. All questions and comments are welcome.

***EDIT*** Each has a story. Thanks for taking the time to look and read.

Last edited by xmodcanuck; 10-18-2009 at 02:23 PM..
Old 06-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Sweet collection, wish i had it.

TEAM XI
Old 06-21-2009, 11:41 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Impressive collection! I love the wheels on the SLR and the Daytona Ram is pretty sweet.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 06-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter

sick collection, all of them are nice cars, but im really liking that daytona, it looks super clean, and again dang nice collection you got!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM
OG xmodder

those are some sweet cars! I am so envious of your wheel collection
Old 06-23-2009, 02:15 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

Very cool collection, i love the your collection of rims, and i also love your Subaru collection, and is that a custom hood i see on one of the blue subbies? with the hood scoop?

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 06-23-2009, 02:25 PM
the torqueinator

Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

holy **** thats amazing!! nice cars... i love the nice clean ford GT

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 06-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
Very cool collection, i love the your collection of rims, and i also love your Subaru collection, and is that a custom hood i see on one of the blue subbies? with the hood scoop?
Theres like 4 or 5 blue STi ! Anyways, I'm guessing your looking at the one with the Japanese hood. Seems like he has the Japanese bodykit as well. It's rather quite rare and would cost you a pretty penny to buy one.

Hope you didn't mind me replying to that question for you. Anyways, you have a REALLY nice collection. Full of rare bodies, sexy rims, and everything else ! Baby those STi's and rare bodies, I would hate to see them banged up.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

dang nice collection and wheels!

FOR SALE!
SCION TC WITH B/K.
HUMMER BODY AND BK.
ACURA NSX BODY WITH FRONT CLIP.
G35 WITH B/K.
SOME SUSPENTION STUFF.
SWEET CUSTOM TRAILER.
PM ME.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

i love the rims on the rsx!!! where'd you get those beauties?

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 06-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananabrain View Post
Sweet collection, wish i had it.
Thanks a lot. With a lot of time and some extra $$$ you could have one like it, just not mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFTKO View Post
Impressive collection! I love the wheels on the SLR and the Daytona Ram is pretty sweet.
Thanks, the SLR is a rare expensive car so I thought it deserved some fitting wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterhunter View Post
sick collection, all of them are nice cars, but im really liking that daytona, it looks super clean, and again dang nice collection you got!
Hey thanks to both, I do like the way the Daytona turned out, especially for a $2 body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1ftGTR View Post
those are some sweet cars! I am so envious of your wheel collection
My real car is a bit envious of my wheel collection too. My favourite 1:1 wheels are VOLK TE37's and I don't have several grand to drop on those so this will have to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
Theres like 4 or 5 blue STi ! Anyways, I'm guessing your looking at the one with the Japanese hood. Seems like he has the Japanese bodykit as well. It's rather quite rare and would cost you a pretty penny to buy one.

Hope you didn't mind me replying to that question for you. Anyways, you have a REALLY nice collection. Full of rare bodies, sexy rims, and everything else ! Baby those STi's and rare bodies, I would hate to see them banged up.
No problem. You got it exactly right. I wanted a blue WRX that looked like the HPI and FUJI. And I actually have 7 blue STI and 1 ASC STI. Does it show that I love Subaru's?!?
I wish the Subaru wasn't so rare. I would probably have more. The only one I don't have is the white one. And I wish they made the FUJI with stickers that you put on like the HPI so I could have a yellow one too.
Thanks again for taking time to look, read and comment.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:58 AM
Advance member

I saw these wheels on a project a while ago and have wanted them ever since. Well a website sent me a $5 gift certificate and I already had a $5 first time discount so I finally bought a set. This is just my ASC dummy chassis. If I ever get a mini z AWD, I'll get the proper offsets of these for the WRX because these stick out WAY too far. I don't know if I want to modify a set of drive shafts or the wheels. I'm thinking the wheels because then I can use them on any XMOD, but I'm not sure. I don't want to wreck them.

If I mod the drive shaft can I still use XMOD rims on that drive shaft???

I managed to score a super cheap ASC recently and it hopefully will one day end up on one of my XMODS. If I don't screw them up, these wheels will go with the body. Maybe a touch wide in the rear but I can live with that.

questions and comments are welcome

Last edited by xmodcanuck; 10-18-2009 at 02:19 PM..
Old 08-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Advance member

These are sort of a new old projects because I have had some of this sitting around for months and I may not have quick enough updates for a project post, so here it goes. This wasn't purchased in one shot. I have been accumulating parts for these for 6-10 months.

Since I got a chassis for this body I wanted to make it black GPM, but finding black for the EVO chassis has been (as I expected) difficult so this is as much as I have found. I hope to find the rest of the 'accent' pieces (rear shock mount, springs, heat sink, gear cover, axles) in black as I don't think I will ever get the main chassis parts or diffs in black.

I really like the look of these black bearings I found.

It's not assembled because I don't have bearings for the diffs and the drive shaft.

My next car is going to be all red. And I don't remember right now but I think this chassis is the right length for my red S2000 body which I hope to get mounted on here one day.

I'm not sure why I don't have a red rear skid plate but maybe I'll get one. And I really wanted red diffs as well but the only ones I could find were $15 + $20 + shipping and these were $11 including shipping. The rear drag tires are mounted on deep dish alloy wheels and I'm not decided if it's going to be AWD or stay RWD with the rear drag tires.

This will have red bearings in the knuckles.

And same as the other one, it's not assembled because I don't have bearings for the diffs and drive shaft.

Q & C are always welcome.

Last edited by xmodcanuck; 10-18-2009 at 02:21 PM..
Old 08-24-2009, 04:03 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter

dang man you got a kick *** collection. and it just keeps growing. nice work! im very impressed with some of that suff.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterhunter View Post
dang man you got a kick *** collection. and it just keeps growing. nice work! im very impressed with some of that suff.
Thanks, I like it a lot too. It's not growing as fast anymore. I think I have almost all I want for a while now.

I was recently cleaning up a bunch of stuff and I had most of my cars out to organize where I keep them and I thought "I've never done a group shot so why not do one?" The wife had our good camera so unfortunately these were done with my cellphone camera. 3 of the Subarus in the back row are just bodies, so is the yellow Ford GT and 1 each of the Titan/F-150. On top of all this, I have some bodies I didn't bring out (3 Scions, 1 Firebird, 1 orange F-150, and another Hummer.)

Last edited by xmodcanuck; 10-18-2009 at 02:23 PM..
Old 09-27-2009, 02:21 PM

very nice rare collection dude you got a wrx fetish or what?
Old 09-27-2009, 06:00 PM
the torqueinator

Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

Nice Ford GTs

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 09-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztunnell View Post
very nice rare collection dude you got a wrx fetish or what?
Well, yes I do love the WRX. I never planned to get so many, but I found some bodies cheap and I also got some body kits cheap. I never expected to get starter kits so cheap but I have managed to get them real cheap so why not have some to drive and some to stay mint and look pretty. One day I'll get around to putting body kits on them and then they will all look different.

I recently got some new IROKS. They are really soft solid urethane rubber. The guy selling them makes slot car tires and I think someone got him to make the IROKS and now he also makes a bunch of other suitable xmods tires. All from super soft urethane rubber. They will be great for crawling because they're so sticky and solid which makes them a tiny bit heavy.

Last edited by xmodcanuck; 10-18-2009 at 02:25 PM..
Old 09-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Banned

u have like all my dream cars, and if you got the decals for one of them orange ones and a blue one ill take both of them, lol
Old 10-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Advance member

I got something in the mail the other day. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with this one yet, that's why it's still in the package.

Q & C welcome.