Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Questions / Suggestions / Complaints / Comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default B/S/T (Not the post count)

Ok, I'm not complaining about the 200 post thing, don't worry, you can keep reading.

Anyway, can there be a rule about like everyone gets one B/S/T thread, and they just upadte it?
Like I just looked and Fordman has atleast 4 B/S/T threads, 3 of them being on the first page of B/S/T.
Not just singling him out, xmodscarbons_lost or whatever his name is also has 3 on the first page of B/S/T.
Now I didn't really read into the threads to see why they were locked, but I'm sure if you PM a mod, they can clean up the thread a bit if it was closed for spam, and then you can update it.
It just annoys me to see multiple BST threads from the same person.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

I understand.I think thats a very good idea!!!
But that will be hard to get everybody to do the same.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:06 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

The only way it would be remotely possible to implement what you describe is if all the noobs could stop themselves from adding crap into peoples B/S/T threads....

Think about it for a while, if you have 4 separate items you want to sell you add 4 posts to your own personal B/S/T thread over the span of a couple of days, but immediately after your first post 15 people post junk, for example:

"Would you swap it for my sisters barbie collection"

This is annoying but you continue to post your second item, and then 50 people respond with:

"When I'm 21 my parents are going to give me my own private jet - would you trade"

This goes on for weeks as you post you 4 items only to find you have a B/S/T thread thats 30 pages long.... you see the potentially problems from this??

I actually quite like your suggestion but I just don't think it is plausible....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 04-17-2008 at 10:58 AM..
Old 04-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Stage 2 member

I actually think it's a great idea, but have a couple of suggestions to go along with it....

1. Deals could be completely carried out through PM and email, not in the thread.

Personally I find it annoying to try and sift through all that crap that ends up in a thread just to try and figure out what's still for sale.

2. No thread bumping....

Bumping serves absolutely NO purpose at all and it's this premise which has to be understood by all. It's makes a mockery of the sales/wanted/trades section as bumps spawn bumps. The whole idea of "my sale being more important than yours" is disrespectful toward others at best.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Stage 1 member

I'm about halfway between wanting to allow bumping in the B/S/T and not wanting it allowed.

I think that they should only allowed to bump it once every so often such as every 24 hours, maybe more or less.
Also, when I used to play Runescape (yes, I used to play it), some forums had an option where people could bump their treads without posting. If that can be set up here, it would also help keep things clear and easier to get through in B/S/T.

Does that sound good?
Old 04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
The only way it would be remotely possible to implement what you describe is if all the noobs could stop themselves from adding crap into peoples B/S/T threads....

Think about it for a while, if you have 4 separate items you want to sell you add 4 posts to your own personal B/S/T thread over the span of a couple of days, but immediately after your first post 15 people post junk, for example:

"Would you swap it for my sisters barbie collection"

This is annoying but you continue to post your second item, and then 50 people respond with:

"When I'm 21 my parents are going to give me my own private jet - would you trade"

This goes on for weeks as you post you 4 items only to find you have a B/S/T thread thats 30 pages long.... you see the potentially problems from this??

I actually quite like your suggestion but I just don't think it is plausible....
with the new usergroups we have the option to give them permission to delete any/all posts in their own threads(for that section only).
i've been chewing it over and so far i dont see how it could go bad.
it would be completely up to the thread starter to prune and keep their BST threads clean.
if they dont then it's their own fault when people cant understand what's for sale and go somewhere else.
if they want their items sold then the best way to do it is make sure people know what's still for sale.

with that said.
i think members should only be allowed to have 2 threads in the BST, one for selling/trading and one for wanted/looking for.

like fordman has his "fordmans official for sale thread".
thats a good idea but then he turns around and adds in another F/S thread for his civic.
members can already edit their thread titles through editing the first post to add in highlighted items.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Banned

Location: Feeding steve erkel in my basement.Wait i don't have a basement.....and i'm not awake.
Trader Rating: (2)

Well i saw my name in there and dude i have no more xmods they got sold so don't bring me up anymore lol and you won't see to much of me anymore on here..BTW bondo i like the new rules for B/S/T.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
with the new usergroups we have the option to give them permission to delete any/all posts in their own threads(for that section only).
i've been chewing it over and so far i dont see how it could go bad.
it would be completely up to the thread starter to prune and keep their BST threads clean.
if they dont then it's their own fault when people cant understand what's for sale and go somewhere else.
if they want their items sold then the best way to do it is make sure people know what's still for sale.

with that said.
i think members should only be allowed to have 2 threads in the BST, one for selling/trading and one for wanted/looking for.

like fordman has his "fordmans official for sale thread".
thats a good idea but then he turns around and adds in another F/S thread for his civic.
members can already edit their thread titles through editing the first post to add in highlighted items.

Would the deleting post be for only BST? Cause then you could delete other peoples post everywhere that they see if they hate them...at least in their own threads....