Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-28-2008, 09:58 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Is the trailer on the water? No? Well then there's your problem.

Do people, once they get the boat in the water, just going to randomly trailer it back up, and then tow it to the station (thus wasting more gas towing)?
i mean before it goes in. like drive it down on the trailer and make a stop. you can also pick up some extra gas in portable tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Use that pink thing between ya' ears boy!
your brain is actually grey. i know because i took mine out a long time ago.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
i mean before it goes in. like drive it down on the trailer and make a stop. you can also pick up some extra gas in portable tanks.

your brain is actually grey. i know because i took mine out a long time ago.
I think he means nose, and that joke sucked man, sorry but it did..
Old 04-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

On the water, how hard is English to comprehend? Not only are you using it all day (thus eventually needing fuel), but many folks keep their boats in the water.

ON the water does not mean on a trailer.

kthxbai!

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 04-28-2008, 10:13 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
I burn through a 40gal. gas tank (the size of the tank in the Donzi) in about four to five hours of hard run time and that's a very generous amount of time. The largest "legal" portable-gastank they sell is the six gallon, so it takes seven (ok, 6.66666) of those alone to fill up the gas take in the Donzi. At $3.65 at the road-pump, that's $153.30; since 40gal. only gets me through five hours with about ten hours in the summer day, that would be roughly $306.60 per day of use for hard running.

And that, my friend, is why I only do short bursts of speed. We all learned when the gas per gallon jumped from $0.73 to $3.65, that it's best to run at about 3.1K RPM (30mph) instead of 5.7K RPM (75mph).

If you do the math, at $0.73/gal. it only cost us $30.66 to fill the Donzi instead of the now needed $153.30. Just another reason to love the 90's.

(My calculations are all done with the portable gas tanks instead of the 40gal tank. That's what we typically fill them up with instead of down by the water. DNR hates it, too.)

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 04-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Banned

Location: Feeding steve erkel in my basement.Wait i don't have a basement.....and i'm not awake.
Trader Rating: (2)

[****y rant]
It's alredy over $4.00Thank goodness i can't drive yet or i would be broke in to put half a tank of gas in my car!
It's just not right for them to do it.Maybe $3.00 a gallon but $4.00 freakin' bucks is a lot!They need to stop pay the head honcho a $40,000,000 bonus.I swear if the average person made that there whole life cars could fly!
[/****y rant]
Old 04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Trader Rating: (0)

not sure if this is true or not but some1 told me when you tail a semi your car is 80% more fuel efficent, 80%!!!! but like i said, im not sure...
Old 04-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Here,its gotten up to $4.30,but it went down last month to somewhere near $3.65 and up.I drive different cars every other week(mostly big trucks),and I never even have enough money to even pay to get it half a tank.I have one thing to say,"Chevy's,Dodges,and some Ford trucks are always bad on gas,even when you upgrade or do maintence alot".My Maxima is and will always be good on gas,for some reason.Its a v6,and I drive fast and hard,but still its good on gas.A full tank will get me a week to a month of driving(all depends on where I go,if I do just a couple jobs,then ir will last me a couple weeks).
Sorry for all those paying close to the hundereds on gas for a big truck.If you dont need to use a big truck,then get a gas friendly car,and use the big truck when needed the most.

That is true theoriganalRiD3R1967 (I seen it on mythbusters),but you will have to be like a inch or smaller away form the back of the truck,and its more like 10%-20% gas saving.If a semi truck stops,your screwed.

Last edited by snowboi1289; 04-29-2008 at 12:26 AM..
Old 05-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Elite member

There's a guy around here that always sells for 50 cent cheaper than the lowest in the area. So today, he sold at $2.96.
Yes, you read that right:
$2.96

Not a drop of gas left after 10AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodscarbon's_lost View Post
Thank goodness i can't drive yet or i would be broke in to put half a tank of gas in my car!
Don't worry. By the time you can drive, you'll be broke after 1/16th a tank.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

07 silverado is costing me $88 to fill up, and thats not even with the fuel light on
Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knvictd View Post
There's a guy around here that always sells for 50 cent cheaper than the lowest in the area. So today, he sold at $2.96.
Yes, you read that right:
$2.96

Not a drop of gas left after 10AM.

Don't worry. By the time you can drive, you'll be broke after 1/16th a tank.
HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmao. Honda's gonna make a killing. 50mpg before vtec or the thought of Hybrid. A real Honda Hybrid (Do they make hybrids?) would make a killing.. Then again, people have been hitting 160mpg in a Prius...

Gas isn't that bad, if people slowed down and took the speed limit as THE limit, they would be fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodscarbon's_lost View Post
[****y rant]
It's alredy over $4.00Thank goodness i can't drive yet or i would be broke in to put half a tank of gas in my car!
It's just not right for them to do it.Maybe $3.00 a gallon but $4.00 freakin' bucks is a lot!They need to stop pay the head honcho a $40,000,000 bonus.I swear if the average person made that there whole life cars could fly!
[/****y rant]
Spoiled American.
$4.00 is cheap compared to Europe. Europe's been sitting on $10 a gallon for years (However, parts of South America are at $0.12/gallon..)... It's not bad. People just need to learn to drive.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...S.-Is-So-Cheap
^^Ironicly, that was posted on a CRX Forum. CRX's get 35mpg+..
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 05-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Seriously Sweed...you're JUST now noticing gas prices going up? wtf? lol. I've been noticing that for YEARS

As for driving habits, higher gas prices just means I'll have to make more money. I'd rather drive a fast car and spend money on gas than getting drunk or partying. I'll light myself on fire before I step foot in a hybrid pos.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic_guy View Post
Seriously Sweed...you're JUST now noticing gas prices going up? wtf? lol. I've been noticing that for YEARS

As for driving habits, higher gas prices just means I'll have to make more money. I'd rather drive a fast car and spend money on gas than getting drunk or partying. I'll light myself on fire before I step foot in a hybrid pos.
I just started paying my own gas... like Monday..

What if someone lights you on fire?
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 05-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I just started paying my own gas... like Monday..

What if someone lights you on fire?
Well if someone lite me on fire then I wouldn't be lighting myself on fire now would i.

hehehehehe

btw i just sold my Si tonight...bye bye good gas mileage!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic_guy View Post
Well if someone lite me on fire then I wouldn't be lighting myself on fire now would i.

hehehehehe

btw i just sold my Si tonight...bye bye good gas mileage!
Wait, weren't you getting a Supra or something?

Higher gas prices show how much the world sucks.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Xmod Expert

None of you have concerns until you drive a GMC 1500 5.0L V6, with a 400lb trailer thats been mis-firing three of its spark plugs for the last two months and has a leaking head gasket (not to menthion teh broken YOK (SP?) In the back and messed up right rear leaf spring.

I love how the kid with a 2cycle CRX started this thread...

EDIT: oh and BLT, no what shows the world sucks is people stockpilling rice. Whats funny is that The US used to throw corn into the ocean because they had too much food. And this is not only 15years ago...

Last edited by meme405; 05-04-2008 at 12:58 AM..
Old 05-04-2008, 10:06 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
None of you have concerns until you drive a GMC 1500 5.0L V6, with a 400lb trailer thats been mis-firing three of its spark plugs for the last two months and has a leaking head gasket (not to menthion teh broken YOK (SP?) In the back and messed up right rear leaf spring.

I love how the kid with a 2cycle CRX started this thread...

EDIT: oh and BLT, no what shows the world sucks is people stockpilling rice. Whats funny is that The US used to throw corn into the ocean because they had too much food. And this is not only 15years ago...

First of all a 5.0 is a 305 V8, second a truck only running on about half of its cylinders would never beable to even move a trailer, third if you had a broken yoke your not going any where. And finally what are you really trying to say none of that makes any sense.

I also forgot to mention a CRX has a four stroke engine like all cars built after the 70's

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 05-04-2008 at 10:09 AM..
Old 05-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
First of all a 5.0 is a 305 V8, second a truck only running on about half of its cylinders would never beable to even move a trailer, third if you had a broken yoke your not going any where. And finally what are you really trying to say none of that makes any sense.

I also forgot to mention a CRX has a four stroke engine like all cars built after the 70's
that Is false my friend. My dads 2007 Ram 1500 Hemi has MDS (Multi Displacement System) which means under certain RPM's and speeds its only using 4 cylinders. Basically if you are just driving around on the highway or around town your only using 4 cylinders. My dad had to tow a trailer with it and he was still doing fine with just the 4 cylinders in use.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodificationer View Post
that Is false my friend. My dads 2007 Ram 1500 Hemi has MDS (Multi Displacement System) which means under certain RPM's and speeds its only using 4 cylinders. Basically if you are just driving around on the highway or around town your only using 4 cylinders. My dad had to tow a trailer with it and he was still doing fine with just the 4 cylinders in use.
here is were your wrong my friend, it does not run on four cylinder while under heavy load, like from a stop trying to get a 5000lb truck with a trailer moving. also any time you go past 60% throttle your run on 8 cylinders, due to the load on the engine. by the way an engineered multiple displacement is a lot different from a miss firing hole.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
here is were your wrong my friend, it does not run on four cylinder while under heavy load, like from a stop trying to get a 5000lb truck with a trailer moving. also any time you go past 60% throttle your run on 8 cylinders, due to the load on the engine. by the way an engineered multiple displacement is a lot different from a miss firing hole.
A truck can easily run on 4 cylinders while going down the highway at 65mph pulling a trailer.

Once the truck is up to speed and has already gained momentum that trailer isn't much of a burden, but of course it depends on the size of the trailer. But it can be done.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
A truck can easily run on 4 cylinders while going down the highway at 65mph pulling a trailer.

Once the truck is up to speed and has already gained momentum that trailer isn't much of a burden, but of course it depends on the size of the trailer. But it can be done.
exactly but we are talking about from a stop