Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default stadium truck, well sorta

any body ever make an xmod stadium truck? i plan on making one out of a car evo chassis, but before i start i just want to know what anybody thinks about the idea. i want to use a car chassis because it is lighter and hase less, um.. center of gravity issues... any tips from people who have successfully lengthend xmods lower arms?
Old 02-12-2009, 05:32 PM
I got nothin...

only advice i have for you is to try spr's rally car style lift or use the rear lower arms from the trucks. the fronts i could never really get to lift but the backs were fairly simple.

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 02-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

i'm sorta kinda trying i really dont know how to go about this its still in planing stages but is just a hummer with a sut mod being done. nothing special.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Advance member

well, i was thinking about actually cutting the arm, then putting material in to lengthen it. then i could use flexable plastic on the top to have moving upper arms. i did this with my other project and it seems to work great. for shocks, i think i am going to make oil filled shocks out of whatever i find in my basement. lol. once i get the front and the back suspensions figured out, i am planning on possibly hand laying a fiberglass chassis to extend the wheelbase a bit. this is still in the planning stages right now, as i am gathering materials. i think i will actually start the build this weekend though. any other ideas suspension or chassis wise? for drivetrain, i found some 1/16th scale outdrives that i think i will use to get power from the diff to the wheels. i will make dogbone driveshafts, or buy some from my hobby shop. just an fyi, this is not going to be 4wd. bigger stadium trucks are not, so this one wont b either.

edit: by the way, for the chassis, i was planning on doing more of a 3 dimensional design. instead of a flat plate, i think i am going to make edges curved up, and a channel going down the middle.

Last edited by dccracing; 02-12-2009 at 07:48 PM..